Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:13:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 123073 times)
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »

i highly doubt its batio. Axl has always gone for more melody then shredding. Even with bucket he could still play the more wailing emotional pieces, and he always had finck and fortus to even out the sound. that batio guy would totally take over wanting to be the centre of attention with his faster then light shit. hell, it almost sounded like malmsteen. you never know.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »

Whoever he is, I won't pay attention to him. He would trully be an embarrassement for my ears if he shredded like that during a 2 hours set  Huh
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:41:28 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
alexh0618
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2006, 01:47:45 PM »

I would take anyone, even Malmsteen, over Batio.

Man, I wish Buckethead was still in. He could shred and still be melodic at the same time.
makane
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

I'd rather have Finck to do the solos than a ego-maniac shredder (batio, malmsteen)
but they, it's only 6 days...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2006, 01:52:35 PM »

i would rather have Finck out of the band.

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »

goin by what we heard in the eddie trunk show,whoever it is can play the parts in BETTER as good as bucket so there probebly wont be much messed with in the solos that bucket used to play.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »

It definitely sounds like Batio to me too. He doesn't look like a fucking robot or a fucking Alien, wich is already a good point, but he definitely sounds like a fucking machine too, and you can already hear it on the little Nightrain rehearsal clip. I can tell you he even sounds more like a machine than Buckethead. I don't understand Axl's obession of getting a shredder in GNR. He is going to the wall a second time after the Buckethead fiasco. This is a terrible, terrible news if it's Mr Batio.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is probably the 3rd guitar player (if it's him):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMv74rICf1I&search=batio

Thanks Axl to turn GNR into a stupid speed trash metal shredd guitar band. You'll hear the fans reaction to this joke very soon.

Why do you insist on pretending your individual opinion is the gold standard?  Most people who attended or watched bootlegs from the 2002 shows agreed across the board that Buckethead was one of the best parts of the show.  People loved his solos on NR, Nightrain, YCBM.  You also need to accepr that Big B's parts are staying on the album, so if they play new songs they need someone capable of playing his parts.  And most people agree that Buckethead's parts on the new songs are some of the best parts
Steel_Angel
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2006, 03:10:59 PM »

my guess is.... Batio is the new guitarist... yeeeee haaaa.? ok
CMON it sounded like Michael, it must be him.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:13:56 PM by frozen Inferno » Logged
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2006, 03:12:14 PM »

My theory - Axl was bringing up WASP and how much he loves them and they even played one track on the radio from them.... Last week, WASPS lead guitarist left WASP. ?Coinsidence?

EDIT:? Here is the link to the article on Darrell Roberts leaving - http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1275&Itemid=42

Baz was the one who brought up WASP... nice try tho.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2006, 04:06:34 PM »

Malmsteen? Show us the Fury!!!

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2006, 04:21:03 PM »

My theory - Axl was bringing up WASP and how much he loves them and they even played one track on the radio from them.... Last week, WASPS lead guitarist left WASP. ?Coinsidence?

EDIT:? Here is the link to the article on Darrell Roberts leaving - http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1275&Itemid=42

Yeah I said on one of the other pages that WASP was just brought up too much during the show to ignore.  Its my theory, but I'm not trying to be a speculatory nightmare.  I honestly couldn't care less about who the new guitarist is, as long as he is GNR worthy.  I'm patiently awaiting Friday night to find out.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Steel_Angel
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2006, 04:34:34 PM »

new guitarist shred "enhanced" by "rkd"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zgh9fy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

My theory - Axl was bringing up WASP and how much he loves them and they even played one track on the radio from them.... Last week, WASPS lead guitarist left WASP.  Coinsidence?

EDIT:  Here is the link to the article on Darrell Roberts leaving - http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1275&Itemid=42

Yeah I said on one of the other pages that WASP was just brought up too much during the show to ignore.  Its my theory, but I'm not trying to be a speculatory nightmare.  I honestly couldn't care less about who the new guitarist is, as long as he is GNR worthy.  I'm patiently awaiting Friday night to find out.

I have a feeling like 95% of the people on this board would complain no matter WHO the new guitarist is.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2006, 04:36:34 PM »

BigBoss spoke to Roberts who denied joining GnR.  Satriani as well.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
axlstillkicksass
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Soon...

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

EVH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2006, 05:20:25 PM »

EVH?

Hahahaha....I don't know if that was a serious suggestion but it sure was funny to me.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »

Whoever this new guitar player is, we need to give him/her a chance. We all know how crazy and super meticulous Axl is about who he plays and writes music with, so whomever this mystery 3rd Axe man/woman may be, I'm sure a lot of thought went into the choice to include them into Guns and Roses

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »

Thanks to Scabbie for this.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/index2.htm

For some reason, Bumblefoot rescheduled a bunch of dates in May-June.  nervous

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »

whoever he is it's weird and it's pissed off, but we don't know how he calls himself

peace

I have a clip from a concert where Axl introduced Slash that way. I can't remember where it was from though.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »

From Bumblefoot's messageboard:

Sat May 06, 2006

With great regret, we need to postpone the following shows...

30 MAY Collombey, Switzerland

31 MAY Brussels, Belgium

01 JUNE Paris, France

02 JUNE Nantes, France

03 JUNE Brest, France

*DO NOT SPECULATE WHY. One person posts their thoughts, another treats it as fact, then rumors are started that can't be stopped, and it creates problems for everyone. At the appropriate time, more info will be given. Until then, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this causes. We hope to be able to reschedule as soon as possible. Till then, we miss you, we love you, and will be with you as soon as we can. Thanks for your friendship, patience and understanding

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: