Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 123188 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 04:22:17 AM »

I tried my best to clean it up, but it still sounds bad:

http://rapidshare.de/files/19743123/New_Song.mp3.html

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 04:38:17 AM »

I think its Batio.

Let's hope not. From what I've read about this guy, he prides his speed more than his creativity. I don't think playing a double or quadruple necked guitar is a skill which I want to see or hear. He needs only to write and play creative music, not write and play music as fast as he can.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 04:43:26 AM »

Slash?
 Lips Sealed

unless you're not kidding, he said it's no one from the past...

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 05:10:07 AM »

Could someone upload this on yousendit or something else please because I can't use Rapidshare.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »

Izzy Wink
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 05:39:20 AM »

Might be a rythm guitar player...if it's a lead guitar player, or a shredder, well, personately I won't pay attention too much to him.
I won't go to the show for the 3rd guitar player? Smiley

fucked up attitude but ok... your loss! peace

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 06:17:21 AM »

besides, judging by what axl let us hear from the rehearsal (which still seems unreal that he did), the guy playing the solo could shread fast as fuck. i don't know richard fortus' playing too well to know if it could have been him, but it didn't sound like finck's style at all. hopefully axl has replaced buckethead with another shredder, i think a wall of sound driven by 3 guitars is perfect for the 2006 edition of guns n' roses. i can't fucking wait till friday! drool beer

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 06:20:59 AM »

Could someone upload this on yousendit or something else please because I can't use Rapidshare.
Don't think its worthy, but here you go:

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YKNRN4H9YN0K17VH10SM1R2CM

Trust me, the sound is really bad Sad

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 06:31:53 AM »

Let the speculation begin  peace
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006, 06:51:30 AM »

I think its Batio.

That was my immediate thought when I heard the quicker player. It is the same sound as the stuff on his website.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »

Batio fuckin sucks , I sure hope it's not him.  I don't know what Axl's infatuation is with these shredding guitarist. GNR is a rock n' roll band, it just seems to go against everything that is GNR.  Axl always stressed in the past how GNR was not metal but rock n' roll  that it was blues oriented . If it is indeed batio that joined GNR it is going to be a huge blow towards the credibility of the band .  Axl would be better off visiting clubs  and searching for an unknown that can make a name for himself in this new band.  This band needs an unknown that we can grow to love . We need a young hungry kid  that is ready to take over the world   not some old untalented fart that prefers a circus act routine over writing great melodic riffs.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006, 07:11:57 AM »

Don't think its worthy, but here you go:

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YKNRN4H9YN0K17VH10SM1R2CM

Trust me, the sound is really bad Sad

Thanks a lot. That sounds a lot like Batio  nervous I think we can rule out John 5 now?
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »

Aaah! what are people talking about? what clip/interview?

shit happens when you party naked
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2006, 07:15:46 AM »

wasp?
shaun
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2006, 07:20:52 AM »

it could be Buckethead in a new costume re inventing himself as a new GnR character, anythings possible, it's GnR  hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

Izzy Wink

Does anybody know what Axl directly after he said "We have a new guitarist but I'm not gonna say who it is" everyone starts talking at once and Axl says something like "It's not (inaudible)". DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HE SAID?Huh

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2006, 07:41:02 AM »

Does anybody know what Axl directly after he said "We have a new guitarist but I'm not gonna say who it is" everyone starts talking at once and Axl says something like "It's not (inaudible)". DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HE SAID?Huh
I think he says "It's not someone from the past".

Thanks Axl to turn GNR into a stupid speed trash metal guitar band. You'll hear the fans reaction to this joke very soon.
You're whining it's very anoying. As far as I know, there no "speed trash metal" in any of the new songs. Also, we just heard a snippet of the song, we can't really judge before listening to the gigs AND the album.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2006, 07:43:18 AM »

I think he says "It's not someone from the past".

Thanks Axl to turn GNR into a stupid speed trash metal guitar band. You'll hear the fans reaction to this joke very soon.
You're whining it's very anoying. As far as I know, there no "speed trash metal" in any of the new songs. Also, we just heard a snippet of the song, we can't really judge before listening to the gigs AND the album.

First thank you for the clarification. Second.....I hole heartedly agree with your thoughts on the speed metal thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2006, 07:49:10 AM »

It definitely sounds like Batio to me too. He doesn't look like a fucking robot or a fucking Alien, wich is already a good point, but he definitely sounds like a fucking machine too, and you can already hear it on the little Nightrain rehearsal clip. I can tell you he even sounds more like a machine than Buckethead. I don't understand Axl's obession of getting a shredder in GNR. He is going to the wall a second time after the Buckethead fiasco. This is a terrible, terrible news if it's Mr Batio.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is probably the 3rd guitar player (if it's him):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMv74rICf1I&search=batio

Thanks Axl to turn GNR into a stupid speed trash metal shredd guitar band. You'll hear the fans reaction to this joke very soon.

get a fucking grip! you're acting like an idiot with your constant negativity and i'm sick of it. this is a great day, a new, long interview with axl and even a confirmed new band member and all you do is complain?! fucking unbelievable.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2006, 07:53:07 AM »

Batio fuckin sucks , I sure hope it's not him.? I don't know what Axl's infatuation is with these shredding guitarist. GNR is a rock n' roll band, it just seems to go against everything that is GNR.? Axl always stressed in the past how GNR was not metal but rock n' roll? that it was blues oriented . If it is indeed batio that joined GNR it is going to be a huge blow towards the credibility of the band .? Axl would be better off visiting clubs? and searching for an unknown that can make a name for himself in this new band.? This band needs an unknown that we can grow to love . We need a young hungry kid? that is ready to take over the world? ?not some old untalented fart that prefers a circus act routine over writing great melodic riffs.

I didn't see your post. I totally agree. I'm quite sad right now, and also quite pissed off too. Everytime you believe things are close to be good, there's a desapointement comming right around the corner which ruins your hopes. Yesterday I was like "next week, GNR will be back, it's great!". Today I'm like "errr what? another shreddeur? who? sounds like Batio to me, oh my god...it smells shit"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:17:35 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: