Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122784 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2006, 10:20:43 AM »

well who ever it was played the solo then bh did and sounded better then slash so i dont care what this person loooks like. Who knows is could be some chick! Tongue

Yeah but Slash wrote those solos in the first place. It's much easier to play someone else's solo and put a twist on it,  than it is to write your own solo like Slash did, especially November Rain and Sweet Child.

oh yeah, that?s absolutely right. (Slash and his solos rule man peace, they were a very important pice of GN?R) so, are you all sure that the guitar player is Richard or are we going to have a surprise this friday?

No, there will be a surprise. They obviously have a third guitarplayer added to the fold. The latest discussion is about wether or not it was Fortus solo-ing in that phone-clip. Since rainx got an email or something from Fortus (who knows if that really did happen) So surprises there will be I guess. This is so fucking exciting. But please do not count on 'old' members to re-appear. It's beeing spoken about it too much on these boards. Axl repeatetly adressed those rumours but still people think otherwise. And please do not get into the whole 'slash wrote better solo's thing' it's useless. He ain't coming back. Just relax, enjoy the new band friday. Move on. Time chances, no need to get stuck in it. Doesn't exactly makes convos easier.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2006, 11:02:47 AM »

So between this and you're last post I take it you have like zero appriciation for the new band?
The problem is not how much I appreciate the new band...

The problem is that nobody outside these GNR boards considers seriously this "new" band as Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

That's strange considering Eddie Trunk, Mike Piaaza and Sebastian Bach do. Those guys arent on the boards but they consider this band guns n roses, as well they should. So you're arguement holds NO water what-so-ever.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

So between this and you're last post I take it you have like zero appriciation for the new band?

The problem is that nobody outside these GNR boards considers seriously this "new" band as Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

That's strange considering Eddie Trunk, Mike Piaaza and Sebastian Bach do. Those guys arent on the boards but they consider this band guns n roses, as well they should. So you're arguement holds NO water what-so-ever.

Great point!  Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2006, 11:08:48 AM »

Well.. if its not the lead guitar... I guess the new guitar player is indeed... Lenny Kravitz!!!! hihi

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Wow. Good counterpoint. We'll have to see how this all shakes out in the press after these shows kick everything off.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2006, 11:14:22 AM »

Wow. Good counterpoint. We'll have to see how this all shakes out in the press after these shows kick everything off.

Well most of the press are going to be saying negative stuff anyway, they always do. But there will be some people who will actually give a fair and just review of whats happening. If Baz and Izzy do jam with the band, then there will pobably be more good things said. At least then it would be like Izzy is giving his stamp of approval towards the band, kind of like saying "yeah this is still gnr".
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 11:16:25 AM by chineseblues » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »

Is it?
I wonder if that "new band" was considered seriously as whatever before it released AFD by more people than this "new band" is now.

As he says "a new guitarist" not "the third", and flat denys the re-re-re-crap(thanks god), I guess it's a new person.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »

Personally, I don't think we can make the determination of what the band needs since we don't know much about the depth of all new songs. Perhaps it is necessary to spread out the solos of the old and new songs amongst three players; who knows, but Axl seems to believe that three are needed. I loved the sound of Nightrain with three guitars blazing; in my opinion, the old songs were reinvigorated somewhat by the depth. Bu until I see how the work is distributed and who exactly is wrote what solo, I'll trust in his judgement.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 12:07:39 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2006, 11:55:05 AM »

Is it?
I wonder if that "new band" was considered seriously as whatever before it released AFD by more people than this "new band" is now.

As he says "a new guitarist" not "the third", and flat denys the re-re-re-crap(thanks god), I guess it's a new person.

I love the new band, I saw them in 2002, and i will see them again on the 17th. However, I will bring up a point that has been brought up in other threads, and that is that the new guys will get an amazing more amount of respect once an album they have contributed to is on shelves. People will see writing credits, and hear what they can do on songs that slash and duff and izzy didn't put their stamp on first. But that album has got to arrive for that to happen.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2006, 01:11:30 PM »

Is it?

I love the new band, I saw them in 2002, and i will see them again on the 17th. However, I will bring up a point that has been brought up in other threads, and that is that the new guys will get an amazing more amount of respect once an album they have contributed to is on shelves. People will see writing credits, and hear what they can do on songs that slash and duff and izzy didn't put their stamp on first. But that album has got to arrive for that to happen.

yeah, the album has to come out and that?s what I?m most worried about, u know? Cos it?s been so many years waiting for its release, like we were thinking that it would come out in march, april, then summer and now fall... God, we so gotta hope that it?ll be released in fall cos if we heard that itll be on winter or in 2007, then, at least for me it?s over. Cos the album is the most important things now, not the guitar player... Like, VV are recording their second album and in 12 or 13 or whatever years we haven?t seen the album yet... that?s really annoying... but yeah, let?s believe in Axl?s words... ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2006, 01:15:04 PM »

um, it could be just Richard's first solo. ya know the one he always plays when playing nightrain. It'd be nothing new if it were the case.

He was shredding, which proves they dont need a 3rd guitarist.

Axl said they had a new guitarist.

Yeah I know, but they dont need one is all I was saying. Robin and Richard could handle it.

Well I think Axl knows better than us what the band needs. He thinks that they need 3rd guitarist

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »

Three people. So the fuck what? The lengths some people go to split hairs is amazing. I can think of three people that don't consider it guns n roses that don't take part on this board either. Hint: they used to be in Guns N Roses.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2006, 01:47:04 PM »

maybe that has been said on one of the past 16 pages but what if Fortus and Finck share the lead spot and Izzy really returned as the new and old rythm guitarist?Huh??
Seems to unreal for me!!!!....or     Huh?

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
makane
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »

maybe that has been said on one of the past 16 pages but what if Fortus and Finck share the lead spot and Izzy really returned as the new and old rythm guitarist?Huh??
Seems to unreal for me!!!!....or? ? Huh??
Axl said they have a new 3rd/lead guitarist, get it?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »

i don't know if anybody noticed this and maybe it's nothing but when axl was on the phone with eddie, right after axl them hear that little shred part in nightrain... around 5.28 min. of those people with eddie said: that was heavy duty and axl replies: ah, there was a word! then they go: what happened? and axl replies: nothin', nothin'...

i was thinking, and i'm probably wrong, but maybe axl was refering to the new guitarist though (one of) the words heavy duty that guy in the studio said?

this is crazy! look forward to your thoughts though...

N ! 3 |(

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »

you really think they are gonna insult axl after what they did with irs?
and sebastion is axl's friends, he aint gonna diss on him

so your argument holds no water what-so-ever

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #316 on: May 08, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »

i don't know if anybody noticed this and maybe it's nothing but when axl was on the phone with eddie, right after axl them hear that little shred part in nightrain... around 5.28 min. of those people with eddie said: that was heavy duty and axl replies: ah, there was a word! then they go: what happened? and axl replies: nothin', nothin'...

i was thinking, and i'm probably wrong, but maybe axl was refering to the new guitarist though (one of) the words heavy duty that guy in the studio said?
Nope, I guess he said "fuck" and then he said "ah, there was a word!" because you know, it was on the air. Tongue

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »

Nope, I guess he said "fuck" and then he said "ah, there was a word!" because you know, it was on the air. Tongue

sorry mate, but nobody said fuck...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2006, 03:28:43 PM »

I think somebody did... I think Voodoochild is right.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #319 on: May 08, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »

Axl said fuck, but you could barely hear it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: