Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122944 times)
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:55 AM »

who's this Batio guy? i've been a member on a guitar board for about 4 years and never heard of him....point being, the way Axl's keeping the secret it would seem there's a big name in the wings, esle, why keep it a secret? how many GnR fans know the name Batio? if it was Steve Simpson from podunk mississippi who he stumbled upon in a bar, why NOT give his name, so the fans could welcome him with something other than an awkward silence at the shows?

so, if it can be settled on that it's a big name, and it's not Slash (it STILL wouldn't surprise me) and it's not Bucket, who could it be? Zakk Wylde? Navarro? seriously, who would be a big enough name to hold the surprise?
Megaguns
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2006, 01:48:47 AM »

Marty Friedman?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2006, 01:49:03 AM »

John Sykes is another possiblity.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2006, 01:57:41 AM »

Dude, 6 days guys. You're just guessing now. Haha.

Im starting to think it'll be a no-name player

gnrevolution.com
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2006, 02:00:38 AM »

That not make sense  must be a BIG HUGE name .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2006, 02:12:41 AM »

can someone please tell me who it is?? I need to know this now. do you think it might be slash?? cause he had a talk with axl a few months ago, maybe he wants him to be the new guitarist??  I really hope so.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2006, 03:09:19 AM »

can someone please tell me who it is?? I need to know this now. do you think it might be slash?? cause he had a talk with axl a few months ago, maybe he wants him to be the new guitarist??  I really hope so.

Not Slash. He said no one from the past.

He didn't name the player either

gnrevolution.com
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2006, 03:11:49 AM »

Marty Friedman?

hes busy doing japanese pop.. no way.. i met that dude a year or so ago in the hard rock cafe manila philippines... i was wearing a gnr shirt... he told me it was "nice".... i bet my balls it aint him...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »

TAKEN FROM MYGNR

The new guitarist is NOT Michael Angelo Batio, Confirmed.

highvoltageacdc    
post Today, 11:08 PM
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Group: Level II Moderators

Guys, the new guitarist you hear on the clip is not Michael Angelo Batio.

Some time ago, when these rumours about him joining were floating around, I emailed his manager, Deb, to find out what was going on. In my email, I asked whether he would be joining Guns N' Roses - and if he wasn't, then why he was so reluctant to shoot the rumour down on the Talking Metal podcast he was on. Here was her reply:

Hi Chris,
No there is no truth to this rumor.

When Michael got hit with the question at talkingmetal.com, he knew he was booked for the year worldwide and stated that.

However, as his agent, I know he realizes that I'm constantly working on major show possiblities and I don't bother him with "maybes" until they are solid. It's not that he meant to hint that it might be true, he was just concerned that "What if Deb is talking with GNR and just hasn't told me yet"? He was being cautious.

At least now I know why Buckethead won't be my friend on myspace! LOL!

Best regards,
Deb

As you can see - no truth to the Michael Angelo rumour. Merck has also confirmed this!

what is bucketheads myspace link?
http://www.myspace.com/buckethead   why?

no it isnt... thats why i want it...
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2006, 06:56:25 AM »

Man, the Ron Thal thing is seriously interesting. I hope it's him; I always felt GN'R treated him rough a couple of years back when it was rumoured he was joining. If they've decided to forgive and forget, I'll be very happy. IMO Ron Thal is far and away the best candidate to take over from Buckethead, as his style is very similar:

http://www.myspace.com/bumblefoot

SG
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:03:50 AM by elevendayempire » Logged
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2006, 07:06:01 AM »

I tend to think it's Thal as well - especially given the disclaimer he included

so whats the deal with this guy? is he edgy enough? Could he be a star? Or is he just a seasoned, talented player?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2006, 07:13:47 AM »

I just can't see it being a huge name guitar hero.  If Axl wants the band to be taken seriously, he doesn't want some well-known player like Vai etc and especially not someone from an 80's band.  He wants GNR to be seen as a new cutting edge rock band.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2006, 07:21:18 AM »

The bio from his website..

Bumblefoot (aka Ron Thal) is a recording artist and international touring artist from NYC with seven albums released since 1995. Fronting the band as lead singer/guitarist, the music is hard rock, bordering on quirky and experimental. Known for his unusual guitar-work, Bumblefoot has been on the covers of guitar magazines around the world. His guitar playing can be heard in the Spanish guitar soloing of Jessica Simpson's "Irresistible" dance mix, the punky guitar riff of Spike TV 's MXC theme song, in the background of MTV's The Osbournes, The Real World, and much more...

Bumblefoot works out of his studio in Princeton, NJ, where he collaborates with artists as a songwriter/producer and writes for publishing companies, video games and TV shows. Bumblefoot is a volunteer for the MS Research Foundation, a non-profit organization that donates funds directly to Multiple Sclerosis research.

Here today...ready to rock
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2006, 07:30:26 AM »

Replacing Buckethead with Ron Thal would be the only right thing to do, because Thal along with maybe Eklundh and Govan are the only three (relatively) young players who have been pioneering the guitar in similar ways as Buckethead (both in writing as in chops).

I'm just not too sure he's the guy we're hearing on the cell...

-PEACE-

Ps. ?
Ron Thal is amazing. He is the only "shredder" for who I have respect. Amazing dude, and amazing talent. I spoke to him quite a long time ago, the guy is TOP.

The ultimate proof that this obsessive compulsive Buckethead-bashing coming from you, is nothing but superficial and ignorant BULLSHIT. Thal puts just as much shredding into his playing and by times sounds even more robotic then Buckethead, Thal is the king of weird sounds (they don?t call him the new Zappa for nothing). It?s really fascinating to notice how much these two players are alike, and they would be the first to admit it. But here you are respecting him and calling him amazing, where the other guy (the one who wears the mask and the bucket), gets it. You have more faces then an oven full of gingerbread men.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:00:51 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2006, 07:42:36 AM »

I'm just not too sure he's the guy we're hearing on the cell...

-PEACE-

Why's that?

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2006, 07:47:09 AM »

You have more faces then an oven full of gingerbread men.

rofl That's priceless.  rofl

@#$%Funker
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2006, 08:12:50 AM »

If its Ron Thal (wich it would be indeed the right choice to replace Buckethead), why would Axl be so mysterious about this? I mean, it's not like people would be shocked with this almost unknown guy. Tongue

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »

If its Ron Thal (wich it would be indeed the right choice to replace Buckethead), why would Axl be so mysterious about this? I mean, it's not like people would be shocked with this almost unknown guy. Tongue

Maybe because of the history he already shares with Ron, he did once give Ron a Buckethead-like treatment. Just because he was being open and honest to his own fans (like he always has been), while he wasn't even on gnr's payrole...

Hence my biggest questionmark in this being Thal.

-PEACE-

Ps. Claiming it solely based upon the poorly sounding short fragment would be plain arrogant.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:24:34 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2006, 08:29:06 AM »

Perhaps Axl wants the fans and the press to hear him play, give the guy a chance, before making any assumptions. If (sorry I keep saying if because I don't want anyone to assume its him) its Ron, it would be better for him to be introduced as Ron Thal, at least to start with IMO. The whole bumblefoot thing could be misinterpreted.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2006, 08:29:14 AM »

That not make sense  must be a BIG HUGE name .

Huh no

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: