Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vanishing Rose
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vanishing Rose  (Read 6091 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: May 12, 2006, 09:40:54 AM »

New York Post
Friday, May 12, 2006
Page Six
Richard Johnson with Paula Froelich and Chris Wilson

Vanishing Rose

AXL Rose is as erratic as ever ? at least when it concerns former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach.? Bach, who will appear on the VH1 reality show ?Supergroup? with Ted Nugent, Scott Ian from Anthrax, Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard and Jason Bonham from Bonham, tell The Post?s Larry Getlin that Rose invited him to watch his ever-evolving version of Guns N? Roses rehearse last week for their upcoming shows at Hammerstein Ballroom.? But when Bach called the studio to plan his visit, he was told that Rose never showed up.? In fact, Bach says Rose only graced one rehearsal out of the several he had planned.? But don?t feel too bad for Bach ? he and Rose eventually met up on Eddie Truck?s radio show on Q104.3 after the mix-up.

Modified to add a second small GNR mention in The Post.
(this one's in the section where they list the different shows playing around here)

Playlist
Mary Huhn

... Since Guns N' Roses sold out four shows in three minutes (beginning tonight at the Hammerstein), we doubt you have tickets for that.
? ? ?Here's what else you can do instead ...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:59:10 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 09:43:38 AM »

On the one hand, it's nothing other than in the 90s for all what we know. Band rehearsing, Axl not.
On the other hand, it scares me a little bit.

Restraint is for suckers.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »

Some things will never change. hihi

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »

at least he was at one rehearsel ?hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:48:23 AM »

He isnt 28 anymore.. He needs to rehearse.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 09:49:25 AM »

Leave it to the Post to talk about that, but not go into more about the radio show....that was fucking epic!!!!   I wouldn't wipe my ass with the post, its a terrible paper.

As for the rehearsals, I'm not worried.  Axl is a pro.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »

hes not 10,he doesnt need to be told how to do his job! im sure hes put in plenty of practice ?peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »

Oh, no... oh, no...!  nervous
Someone tell me he's showing up, please!
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »

Typical Axl.  Meets an old friend that he probably hasn't seen in years, have a great time with him, invites him to a rehearsal and ... doesn't show up and doesn't even make the effort to let him know he can't make it.   Angry I'd really like to know what's going on in Axl's head most of the time ...
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 10:13:42 AM »

Typical Axl.  Meets an old friend that he probably hasn't seen in years, have a great time with him, invites him to a rehearsal and ... doesn't show up and doesn't even make the effort to let him know he can't make it.   Angry I'd really like to know what's going on in Axl's head most of the time ...
Meh.. They met at the Trunk show hence why we even got the interview. Might be that with out that incident we wouldnt have had the interview.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 10:22:02 AM »

Judging by what Axl said when he called into Trunk's show, the setlist is going to be very similar to what they did in 2002.  He probably knows those songs like the back of his hand, so why does he need to rehearse with the band?  As long as he takes care of his voice, as a fan, I'm satisfied.  He never rehearsed in the old days, so if ain't broke, then why try and fix it?

Ali
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:47 AM »

Judging by what Axl said when he called into Trunk's show, the setlist is going to be very similar to what they did in 2002.?

I  hope he will surprise us. But I fear you're right.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 10:26:52 AM »

Judging by what Axl said when he called into Trunk's show, the setlist is going to be very similar to what they did in 2002.

I  hope he will surprise us. But I fear you're right.

I think we'll hear a new song or two.  I'd be shocked if IRS and/or Better wasn't played.  Was 2002's set list so bad anyways?  You are going to see GNR LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!  I hope they play most of the songs from 02 to be honest.  I could do without live and let die and think about you, but other then that it was awesome.

My friend said he heard on Sirius, the DJ from the Hair Nation station said Izzy was going to be at fridays show, but I'm guessing he got that from the Trunk interview....nothing really new, just bored and anxious.

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 10:30:04 AM »

You are going to see GNR LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!?

No, I won't and that's the point. I wish all of the ppl in the concerts all the fun they could possibly have, and yes I agree: While being IN the concert, it hardly makes a difference.

But I don't have the possibility to see them (the only concerts I could attend to would be Rock am Ring and Novarock - and I'm working on both festivals, no chance to enjoy the show.) So for the thousands of ppl how CANT see GNR live and in person, it will be a bit of a letdown not to hear new stuff. Yet ANOTHER bootleg of Madagascar? Great...

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »

You are going to see GNR LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!

No, I won't and that's the point. I wish all of the ppl in the concerts all the fun they could possibly have, and yes I agree: While being IN the concert, it hardly makes a difference.

But I don't have the possibility to see them (the only concerts I could attend to would be Rock am Ring and Novarock - and I'm working on both festivals, no chance to enjoy the show.) So for the thousands of ppl how CANT see GNR live and in person, it will be a bit of a letdown not to hear new stuff. Yet ANOTHER bootleg of Madagascar? Great...

well, that sucks you can't make it, but the point of a concert isn't for fans to enjoy bootlegs....its to see/hear live music.  If I were you I would try to get to Rock am Ring   ok

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

That is an misunderstanding: I WILL be at Rock am Ring and at Novarock. Thing is: I'm working there. And I will have a shitload of work. Last time I was there 72 hours, slept 6 and worked the rest. I wanted to time my breaks so that I can see two or three bands - in the end I heard Audioslaves "Like a stone" half - nothing more.

So I will be on the same area like the Redhead twice, but as signs are, I won't see him.  Tongue

.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »

That is an misunderstanding: I WILL be at Rock am Ring and at Novarock. Thing is: I'm working there. And I will have a shitload of work. Last time I was there 72 hours, slept 6 and worked the rest. I wanted to time my breaks so that I can see two or three bands - in the end I heard Audioslaves "Like a stone" half - nothing more.

So I will be on the same area like the Redhead twice, but as signs are, I won't see him.  Tongue
I know what you mean Im working on several festivals this summer also and you hardly have time to listen to the bands.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

They could be covering Motley Crues' Girls Girls Girls album tonight for all I care. I am just going to be glad to seee them TONIGHT!
shaun
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 12:42:50 PM »

Judging by what Axl said when he called into Trunk's show, the setlist is going to be very similar to what they did in 2002.  He probably knows those songs like the back of his hand, so why does he need to rehearse with the band?  As long as he takes care of his voice, as a fan, I'm satisfied.  He never rehearsed in the old days, so if ain't broke, then why try and fix it?

Ali

it'll be what they did during 2002 + some new songs. If they don't play some new songs people will begin to wonder. Also, Axl sees these New York shows as simple warm up shows for future festival gigs. Maybe Axl sees these shows as rehearsals, so expect some mistakes, and if Axl is in an off mood, expect some blaming on the sound guy  hihi that is one pari of boots i would not like to be in over next 4 gigs  rofl
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:44:21 PM by D0badog » Logged
Origen
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 12:43:49 PM »

Exactly he needs to prepare for this especially the way the 2002 ended you'd think he'd get his shit together abit better.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: