Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:40:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!  (Read 68395 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2004, 10:14:43 AM »

You can pre-order it at Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001KIESE/qid=1077807831/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_11_10/026-3567616-5814830

It's also available at PlayUSA.com, and HMV.vo.uk.

I was about to say that! lol.

According to Amazon UK, the GH is out on 15 March, 2004.  Cheesy

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2004, 11:00:17 AM »

I was about to say that! lol.

According to Amazon UK, the GH is out on 15 March, 2004.  Cheesy

Really? FANTASTIC!! That's my birthday, whooooooo!!! Cheesy

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2004, 09:07:53 PM »

Im not sure why most of you guys have a problem with the Greatest hits album coming out? I think that most of you Axl lovers are just scraed that the general public will appreciate the talents of the old band and say fuck Axl and his new collaboration. This band deserves to have all there hits remembered on one compilation,you cant argue with that. Who cares if it doesnt have Axls approval,i bet all the bootlegs you all have dont have his approval either. he will still get his money. Get over yourselves guys,you will all but it. Enough politics, enjoy the real Guns N Roses peace

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2004, 09:10:16 PM »

You will all buy it peace

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2004, 09:29:45 PM »

Im not sure why most of you guys have a problem with the Greatest hits album coming out? I think that most of you Axl lovers are just scraed that the general public will appreciate the talents of the old band and say fuck Axl and his new collaboration. This band deserves to have all there hits remembered on one compilation,you cant argue with that. Who cares if it doesnt have Axls approval,i bet all the bootlegs you all have dont have his approval either. he will still get his money. Get over yourselves guys,you will all but it. Enough politics, enjoy the real Guns N Roses peace

Scared?  Naah, not really.  Feel its a bad sign?  Yes, and I'll explain why.

1. The original release date of November only to disappear with rumors of some sort of agreement between GNR & Geffen for a Chinese Democracy Release - then GH rears its ugly head again 4 months later.

2. The Geffen link to the disc on their site not linking back to gnronline.com (I'll explain in a moment)

3. The GH press release not mentioning Rio, or, more importantly, Chinese Democracy.  Not even a "The band is hard at work on their follow-up, Chinese Democracy" - nothing.

4. gnronline.com, itself, not mentioning the disc.

5. Mysteron asking for our help in stopping the GH release.

explanation of 2: if you feel that there's been a fallout between Geffen & GNR - then there would be no reason for Geffen to link to a website that mentions Chinese Democracy - as it would seem they have no interest in promoting it.

So, yeah, I think its not a "good thing"

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2004, 09:33:57 PM »

I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up Slash's ass.

You will all buy it

No...

-PEACE-

Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2004, 12:29:48 AM »

So, yeah, I think its not a "good thing"

i agree, i really hope that this doesn't turn out to be some ugly battle between Axl and Geffen.  it makes me nervous  nervous to think about any chance of seeing anything new from GNR again.  This might be ok to have the GH released for the average fan who does not really understanding the actions how the GH might affect the future of the band.  But the fact is, it could be a scary situation.  I don't feel good about it, thats for sure.  I know that I thought that it might be good to have a GH before but the more I think about it the more I want to  crying Well maybe not that, but probably just  rant
loretian
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2004, 12:37:23 AM »

Like darknemus, I'm not scared of a Greatest Hits release either.  I am a little concerned that it's a bad sign, though.

However, I don't think it could be as bad of a sign as darknemus is suggesting it could be.  The fact that Interscope isn't mentioning anything about the new band or Chinese Democracy seems to fall in line with what the band has been doing itself, since the end of 2002.  Either it's all been a big ruse and everyone's been yanking our chain to make us believe a in a non-existent band, or they really do want to just hit us with it and make it a big surprise.  I don't think there's any other explanation for all the silence.  

Most importantly, gnronline.com is run by Interscope, not Sanctuary or Gn'R.  They could just remove the news about Chinese Democracy if they really wanted us to forget about it and mention the Greatest Hits instead.   ok

However, I don't think you'll find a poster here who doesn't love the old band and Slash's work with it.  As far as politics, most of us have moved on, and our love for the old band and the music they created doesn't prevent us from enjoying good music and what the new band has to offer.  I think you're the one making it political.   Wink
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 12:43:43 AM by loretian » Logged
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2004, 01:19:37 AM »

No, I won't.  peace

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2004, 02:03:36 AM »

No, I won?t...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2004, 02:28:05 AM »

same here, not going to buy it. and good post and opinions Dark
SlashFan
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2004, 03:47:57 AM »

However, I don't think you'll find a poster here who doesn't love the old band and Slash's work with it.  As far as politics, most of us have moved on, and our love for the old band and the music they created doesn't prevent us from enjoying good music and what the new band has to offer.  I think you're the one making it political.   Wink

I agree,who says we can't love the old and the new? peace
sandman
Legend

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2004, 07:41:51 AM »

i'm not scared of the GH. to this point, the label hasn't done much to push axl..... and CD still isn't out. so i don't think a GH album will make things any worse.

and i can't boycott it or complain about it because if i was in charge i'd be doing the same exact thing.

it won't effect sales of CD, if anything it's getting people thinking about gnr again. if axl can't handle it, too bad - don't be such a bitch.

and the fact that geffen hasn't mentioned CD or rio doesn't surprise me at all. geffen has their credibility to worry about - so why would they want to predict anything involving axl.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2004, 01:46:15 PM »

I just came up with a slightly wacky theory thats probably wrong, but here goes.

Aint It Fun's a weird choice for a song to go on the GH - when lets face it Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, Rocket Queen are all probably better choices. Mabye its Universal taking a swipe at Axl? In the lyrics it says "Aint it fun how all your friends dispise what youve become" and "Aint it fun how youve broke up every band youve ever begun", "Aint it fun how you just take care of number one", "Aint it fun how you cant seem to find your tounge" - they could all be relevant to Axls current position and how hes percived to be.

Probably just a wacky theory, but i thought it was intressting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 01:48:00 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2004, 01:51:36 PM »

It's just all the singles... it would make sense to have Aint it Fun on there Wink
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2004, 01:53:08 PM »

It's just all the singles... it would make sense to have Aint it Fun on there Wink

Your probably right, my crazy theory Grin

however Mr.Brownstone was released as a joint single along with It's So Easy....

Riot In Everyone!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2004, 01:57:42 PM »

yeah that's right..nothing more. and still, it's one of the best songs in TSI

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2004, 05:14:03 PM »

Remember when we were young and naive we would say to ourselves that gnronline.com would be updated when there was news........ Cry

A headlining show

A new album

.....and nothing

One begins to wonder if GNR will even announce Chinese Democracy when its ready.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2004, 01:20:16 PM »

Now, not only am I a noob to this board, but also to the music industry, don't flame me too hard.  But what exactly would it mean if the GH was "remastered"  Does that mean the original tracks would be "cleaned" up, like they do to old movies, or would new tracks be laid down to "update" the sound, or does technology now allow them to release it in Dolby digital (like Pink Floyd's reissue of Dark Side)

IMO, if the greatest hits would be in 5.1, that would be awesome, anything else is just a money grab (like the DVD's)

Bitch slap rappin'
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2004, 12:21:52 PM »

Artist: Guns N' Roses
Tittel: Greatest Hits
Label: Universal Tv
Selskap: UNI
Lydb?rer: Album
Releasedato: 17-03-2004
Catalog number: UNI-986210 -8  

Just 2 weeks left. Im sure we will get some info on Chinese Dem along with this GH Release!! Its weird if we dont Wink

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: