Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:39:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CNN article on Axl, CD, and the NYC Shows
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CNN article on Axl, CD, and the NYC Shows  (Read 9375 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »

Can I ask a quick question:

Does anyone awhile back remember when someone said they didn't think that Axl announcing the release date of CD would make CNN?

I can't remember which thread it was in, but I distinctly remember that comment....

Yeah it was me. In the thread about how Axl should take a hint from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I got FLAMED for it....... I wanna got bump that thread over it, but I'll live I guess. Being right was good enough for me!  ok

No, weren't you the one who said you thought it WOULD make CNN?

I'm remember someone saying it WOULD NOT make CNN....but it was probably from the thread you're talking about.

Could you post or PM me the link to that thread?

Here's the thread where I was told I was a moron for thinking CDs release would make CNN:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=29284.0

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 10:14:27 PM »

I suspect that journalists like Rolling Stone and CNN have some pretty reliable sources, but they come from Slash's side of the fence. ?And Axl does often say things where he seems to contradict himself. ?Both sides are probably technically correct. ?From what I can tell, Slash made a great effort to re-up with Axl, and things were on track for a 'reunion' between the two, and one or two appearances. ?Papers were drawn up. ?I'm using 'reunion' for lack of a better word, but I just mean Axl and Slash. ?A 'GN'R reunion' would not have been the right phrase at that point. ?I don't think Duff was part of it, and Matt was even less of a option, but both were still possible down the road -- the next step. ?Izzy, as always, was a wild card. ?As Axl said in the Trunk interview, he's unpredictable. ?Anything was possible. ?(There was/is a LOT of money at stake). ?Negotiations were taking place with intermediaries, and from what's been said, I suspect that when Slash showed up at the house, Axl didn't speak to him directly, there was an intermediary. ?Negotiations with Slash fell apart over something in the proposal, resulting in a blow-up and the additional litigation. ?Slash sources are probably STILL telling journalists that they hope to work it out. ?Axl is saying 'when hell freezes over.' ?(But that's what the Eagles said, too -- as the journalists know). ? And I'm sure that if any of the journalists have friends in Sanctuary, they'd be getting the impression that it's something management would like to see as well. ?Of course! ?Their percentage would be phat. ?

Not that I'm sticking up for the shitty journalists but in this case I don't think it's 100% on them because Axl's talked outta both sides of his mouth too. At the Korn party he said he hadn't seen Slash in ten years then like two months later he said he saw him last October.

IMO, it's all just part of the game. If Axl really wanted to squash these kinds of rumors then he would've just said who the 3rd guitarist is .... but then what fun would that be?? Wink
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 02:11:54 AM »

Ok, please lock this or delete it if it's been discussed, but, Yahoo! Entertainment news has this on site

http://ca.entertainment.yahoo.com/s/08052006/2/entertain-axl-rose-confirms-new-guns-n-roses-album-finally.html

NEW YORK (AP) - Rock recluse Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that Guns N Roses 10-years-in-the-making Chinese Democracy album will finally hit store shelves this fall.

The comments Saturday on Eddie Trunk's syndicated radio show marked the first interview the painfully private Rose has given since his failed 2002 comeback tour, which was abruptly scrapped midway amid riots and cancelled shows.

Roses impromptu appearance came when former Skid Row front man Sebastian Bach, who was co-hosting the show, called Rose's cellphone and patched the call through the studio.

Quizzed on when the near-mythical album would come out, Rose said, "Sometime this fall or late fall." His band could be heard rehearsing in the background. "It will be out this year."

Trunk invited Rose to drop by the studio, and about an hour later he did.

Asked about the aborted 2002 comeback tour, which ended when Rose failed to appear for a gig in Philadelphia, Rose told Trunk he felt pressured into doing it before he was ready. But he insisted he has no regrets, since the short-lived tour helped the new band members to gel. (The 2002 lineup included keyboard player Dizzy Reed from the original GNR, former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, bassist Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, guitar shredder Buckethead, drummer Brian (Brain) Mantia formerly of Primus, guitarist Richard Fortus from the former Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love, and keyboard player Chris Pittman.)

"Can you tell people why the tour ended at that point?" asked Trunk.

"Umm, no, not exactly," said Rose, declining to discuss it.

Plans are currently in the works for Rose to relaunch his comeback by playing four shows at New Yorks Hammerstein Ballroom over the next 10 days, then head to Europe to play several music festivals.

Rose said the band at the Hammerstein shows will be similar to the one that played the 2002 tour, except for a new lead guitarist, whom he declined to identify except to say it's not an old GNR member. Buckethead left the band in 2004.

However, later in the broadcast, Rose seemed to contradict himself when he said hes been hobnobbing with former GNR guitarist and songwriter Izzy Stradlin, and strongly hinted that Stradlin may show up for the Hammerstein shows.

Former GNR guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.

---

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:25:08 AM by Mama Kin » Logged

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 02:17:39 AM »

I think this is the EXACT same thing that CNN said yesterday or the day before.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 02:18:47 AM »

Yea thanks for the effort man.

I really can't believe this rumor though. Like Axl would just appear on the trunk show with Sebastian Bach and talk about the old days. Telling funny stories and being cool as hell.

...next thing you know there will be a rumor with GNR opening for the Stones again.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 02:20:19 AM »

I am just talking about the last line, about Slash re-joining.

Where did this come from? Just something pulled out of someone's ass because of the VR break-up rumors?

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 02:21:58 AM »

...next thing you know there will be a rumor with GNR opening for the Stones again.
OH MY!!!!!!!  Shocked
Be careful saying that someone might say something......

CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS STARTING

I wish some people would just read the frontpage news.
www.heretodaygonetohell.com

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:02 AM »

Yea man were you not around for the interview. ?This is saying exactly what went down. ?There is no rumor to this. ?But hey i could be wrong. ?It didnt seem real to be hearing Axls voice and hearing relase dates and shit. ?

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:59 AM »

Didnt catch your last part about the Slash thing.  Im pretty sure though that rumor should be buried now because Axl himself said that that was all bogus.  My apologies ok

-Michael Jordan
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 02:26:04 AM »

No problem dude, I am just wondeirng where they got Slash re-joining out of Axl's radio appearance.

MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 02:28:44 AM »

Its probably just speculation from various rumors that have been going around for months now.  Oh well i guess only two more days till most of our questions are answered.

-Michael Jordan
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 02:28:53 AM »

they just get those from anyone with a rumor to put out there
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 02:30:33 AM »

Its probably just speculation from various rumors that have been going around for months now.? Oh well i guess only two more days till most of our questions are answered.

When the 4th guitarist is...............Axl!!!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 02:32:18 AM »

Axl Rose going on the Trunk show...Bwahaha. Where do they get this from?

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 03:03:55 AM »

Ok, so bolding the part about Slash rejoining after the Hammersmith shows didn't work......

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2006, 04:32:24 AM »

Norwegians biggest newspaper VG, also has this exact article, but it is translated
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »

Huh? What do you mean?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2006, 07:11:54 AM »

Huh? What do you mean?

(I think you guys need a sarcasm font or somethin')? Roll Eyes
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2006, 07:15:49 AM »

Huh? What do you mean?

(I think you guys need a sarcasm font or somethin')  Roll Eyes

At first I thought it was sarcasm but then it just didn't seem very funny so I opted for the second possibility.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

Huh? What do you mean?

(I think you guys need a sarcasm font or somethin')? Roll Eyes

At first I thought it was sarcasm but then it just didn't seem very funny so I opted for the second possibility.

Hahaha fuck... alright I will work on my sarcasm.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: