Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists  (Read 17781 times)
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »

I don't know if this rumor is right or wrong, but either way, don't you guys think that the "surprise" guy will HAVE to be famous? ?Seriously, like if it's this guy Batio or whatever, who besides a few people on a message board are going to know who it is? ? ?

Once again - remember - there are probably more Gn'R fans who DON'T follow them on a day by day basis like we do. ?So in my humble opinion, if Axl has a surprise, it's someone famous.

I would tend to agree...maybe not "famous/famous", but at least well known.

The OTHER alternative is that it's someone who is from a well known band but has yet to let them know he's in GnR, and leaving his current setup.? And, for the record, NO I'M NOT SUGGESTING THAT "SOMEONE" IS IN A BAND WITH THE INITIALS VR! Smiley
Its...STEVEN ADLER!!!!

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »

I really think it will be Brian May.  I don't think he is joining the group, just think he will be playing with them. 
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »

WTF, Izzy is not even the surprise?

Is God going to show up?

Haa haa haa, the funniest thing i have heard today!! rofl

And on lead guitar, half man half creater, its God!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »

So how about a ten minute version of Paradise City as an encore, with Robin, Richard, Izzy, new guy, Dizzy and Axl all trading solos at the end?

i actually like that idea..... but 10 minutes is way too short though. 17 minutes seem more adequate beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2006, 01:57:21 PM »

Is God going to show up?

GOD: " I always said that behold on the 10th day I would create heaven , the earth , and Guns n Roses ! Now...let us play " November Rain " for it is Jesus's favorite. "
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

I really think it will be Brian May.? I don't think he is joining the group, just think he will be playing with them.?

true...that is a possibility...while brian may is a big name and a respected guitarist...he is a little too old for gnr's image...he could do a few shows, but should not be a full-time member
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »

I really think it will be Brian May.? I don't think he is joining the group, just think he will be playing with them.?

true...that is a possibility...while brian may is a big name and a respected guitarist...he is a little too old for gnr's image...he could do a few shows, but should not be a full-time member

I really don't think Brian May is a possibility at all.  He's got plenty of money and fame.  I just don't see this happening.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »

I really don't think Brian May is a possibility at all.? He's got plenty of money and fame.? I just don't see this happening.

I agree, in fact he even said himself that he wasn't interested in touring a large scale tour that gnr would prolly do. and Queen are touring anyway themselves aren't they?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »

as a young kid when gnr came out it was about axl n slash.? now id take back izzy over slash any day.

i'd take him over the current players but not slash... Every great gnr solo is done by slash..
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »

Is God going to show up?

GOD: " I always said that behold on the 10th day I would create heaven , the earth , and Guns n Roses ! Now...let us play " November Rain " for it is Jesus's favorite. "

Thanks guys, everyone in my office thinks I'm crazy bc I'm sitting at my computer laughing my ass off...   hihi  But I have to ask - why the 10th day?
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2006, 04:44:59 PM »

10 drummers? Cool!

Restraint is for suckers.
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2006, 07:37:54 PM »

Yeah the more the better... Bring on however many musicians necessary... I still want a orchestra thou... Either way the more shit Axl can dodge, run and spin around and oh yeah make band introductions 2 mins to 23 mins.... YES!!!

Cos I'm A Human Being...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2006, 07:45:12 PM »

how about

Axl

Dizzy, Chris and Axl trading Piano/Keyboard

Brain on Drums and PopCorn on the Cowbell

Dizzy, Izzy, Slash, Robin, Richard, and new guy all on guitar  EXCEPT when axl plays guitar for the madagascar intro and Tommy plays the guitar on the Gorrilla Head songs they play..

Tommy on Bass excpet when hes playing guitar on the Gorrilla Head songs... in that time Chris Pitman will play Bass..

Slash and Brian May will cameo for the 22 minute PC outro and the Night Train Solo

Paul Huge will be back to cover Dizzys piano parts during Dizzys DJ set after Silkworms.....

What do you think???????? They could pull it off???????? or its gonna be a train wreck???????
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2006, 08:12:35 PM »

3 guitar players are already too much, 2 are enough, so 4? no way. I think it's BS.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2006, 08:14:15 PM »

Four is too many. I agree with Nesquick even 3 is too much. Lead and Rythem is what you need. But I'd rather have 3 than four guitar players.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2006, 08:19:26 PM »

Four is too many. I agree with Nesquick even 3 is too much. Lead and Rythem is what you need. But I'd rather have 3 than four guitar players.

don't collective soul and radiohead each have 4 guitarists? or is it 3?

I think that 3 is an acceptable #.....you can play closer to the studio recordings....even alot of the orig gnr tunes have at least 3 guitar tracks on them

Jonathan
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »

don't collective soul and radiohead each have 4 guitarists? or is it 3?

I think that 3 is an acceptable #.....you can play closer to the studio recordings....even alot of the orig gnr tunes have at least 3 guitar tracks on them

And they also need another guitarist to play the new material (the leaks) and I'm pretty sure that there is other stuff too.

If they haven't redone them or anything like that, but I highly doubt that because there is a new guitarist.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:23:54 PM by I have a good title » Logged
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »

It's like a competition with Slipknot...who can have more members? Slipknot has nine...GNR has...

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2006, 08:32:34 PM »

Pretty soon Axl is gonna go for a sprint and run face first intoa guitar player or a drum kit or a keyboard stand.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Eye Rool
Opening Act

Jack White is cool, too!

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2006, 11:25:21 PM »

I don't know about 4 guitar players...that just seems like a bad idea that's straight out of Spinal Tap

I'm like a chocoholic, but for booze.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: