Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:01:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists  (Read 17837 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 03:53:49 AM »

Has Zack Wilde totally been eliminated as an option? ?That stuff Axl was playing through his cell phone the other night reminded me of him.

Zakk hates Axl with a passion plus he's in ozzfest and gonna be working on a new cd with ozzy

I think that is untrue, they had a miscommunication ..... There's an interview somewere

4 guitar players.. Izzy and slash hihi
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 04:05:02 AM »

I think it's pretty safe to say that the new guitarist is not going to be any former member of GN'R. If Axl and the former GN'R members (Izzy, Matt, maybe Slash, and he never seemed to have a problem with Duff, really) are finally patching things up on a personal level, why would you want to repeat the same mistakes that made you fall out in the first place?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 04:14:04 AM »

I think it's pretty safe to say that the new guitarist is not going to be any former member of GN'R. If Axl and the former GN'R members (Izzy, Matt, maybe Slash, and he never seemed to have a problem with Duff, really) are finally patching things up on a personal level, why would you want to repeat the same mistakes that made you fall out in the first place?

Well you would think a decade or better later you would become smarter, more understanding, and more tolerable of eachother..  I know it's not the case this time around, just saying many bands who wise up change...

anyways all you have to do is tour a couple of weeks/months then do your own thing for several years until axl is ready again, seems like anyone can handle that hihi
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 04:20:37 AM »

oh God, I can't wait for friday... to stop these bullshit rumors once for ever  Tongue

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 04:26:21 AM »

oh God, I can't wait for friday... to stop these bullshit rumors once for ever? Tongue

me too.. I still can't understand why he couldn't say who the guitarist was... ? There should have been hints, like is he famous, will everyone know him?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2006, 04:31:38 AM »

oh God, I can't wait for friday... to stop these bullshit rumors once for ever  Tongue

me too.. I still can't understand why he couldn't say who the guitarist was... ? There should have been hints, like is he famous, will everyone know him?

I kinda think you self-answered that one. I mean....he wouldn't make it a surprise if we didn't know the new guitarist somehow?? But on the other hand.....perhaps he (or she  Shocked ....naah  Grin) will be an unknown guitar virtuoso... Only two days left. I'm excited as fuck! we all are I guess  drool

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2006, 04:57:10 AM »

I think Izzy will be there watching but not playing.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2006, 05:01:52 AM »

I think Izzy will be there watching but not playing.

Hahahaha okay Izzy is there watching......... do you realy think AXl dont ask him to join the band and play some music ?!
If Izzy goes there tham he join the band for a jam for sure  ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2006, 05:39:22 AM »

Why would Izzy be a surprise? Axl clearly said on the Trunk show that Izzy may show...that kind of lets the cat out of the bag, doesn't it?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2006, 06:11:47 AM »

Is God going to show up?

Only person that would shock my is Slash, or Lenny Kravitz (god no). 4 Guitarist suck anyway, 3 is too many for GNR as is.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Maybe he will though... We never know.? ok

But yeah, I agree that 3 guitarists is enough. It's weird, why would Axl want 4 guitarists??
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2006, 06:31:36 AM »

stop the name dropping. most of you didn't knew who finck, fortus, stinson, bucket or brain were before they joined gn'r. Axl said, about the new guitar player, that it has nothing to do with the past.
and i guess this will be just like in 2002 when fortus appeared for the 1st time on stage in hong kong.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »

I did listen to the entire Axl radio show, so I am not sure this is considered news or not but.....

Around 10:35 pm tonight, I was listening to DJ Matt Court on Philadelphia rock station 93.3 WMMR.? He played Paradise City and Live and Let Die.? After the two songs were over he mentioned the HammerStein shows.? He then mentioned how he is friend's with Tommy Stinson.? He clearly said GNR has 4 guitarists.? According to Court, Tommy told him GNR will have 4 guitarists: Richard Fortus, Robin, IZZY STRADLIN, and a fourth suprise guitarist.? So according to him, Izzy is NOT the surprise, but he IS performing.? That immediately gives Axl's use of the name Guns N' Roses more validity. This DJ did have Tommy in the studio a few weeks ago, and did seem to know what he was talking about.? He also had is picture taken with Axl when Axl came to Philly for the NBA Championship here, a few years back.? Luckily, I will know firsthand Friday night, as I make the voyage to the Hammerstein!

I want to hear Dust N' Bones live baby!!!!

if izzy shows, he'll be only a guest. he's not in the band, Axl said so himself in the trunk interview

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:43 AM »

stop the name dropping. most of you didn't knew who finck, fortus, stinson, bucket or brain were before they joined gn'r. Axl said, about the new guitar player, that it has nothing to do with the past.
and i guess this will be just like in 2002 when fortus appeared for the 1st time on stage in hong kong.

I still don't even know the new gnr guys really.. it's not like they toured a really long time and were in the spotlight.. It's almost unreal that tommy or robin have been in this band that long... Gnr's reign lasted 87-93, these guys have been there longer and no one even knows this.. I really don't give  shit who they get really, all I know is regardless of his talent everyone will be like he's awesome, best ever hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2006, 07:48:40 AM »

Richard was announced before the Hong Kong show. I believe he had this old website where he confirmed to be with the band... Later, in gnronline.com, Axl talked about Richard.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2006, 07:55:32 AM »

I think itd be magical if Izzy & Axl did 14 Years

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 08:57:27 AM »

no way. IZZY showing up to play a gnr show with Axl. uhhhh for some reason this sounds like its against anything anyone has seid around here since the break up. but if axl can get Izzy back then hell im sure axl can get slash and duff back. maybe even matt. i just want to get to friday and see. this wondering crap is gay.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:37 AM »

no way. IZZY showing up to play a gnr show with Axl. uhhhh for some reason this sounds like its against anything anyone has seid around here since the break up. but if axl can get Izzy back then hell im sure axl can get slash and duff back. maybe even matt. i just want to get to friday and see. this wondering crap is gay.

I don't know....

See, I've never gotten the the "personal animosity" vibe between Izzy and Axl.  I mean, Axl has certainly been frank about Izzy's drug use, and it's negative effect on the band, but in hearing the stories, even during the '02 tour and the recent Trunk interview...you don't get that Axl was pissed at him.  They're told more as funny anecodtes, than scathing diatribes.

And, given the Trunk interview, it almost sounds like the big UYI schism was actually more between Izzy and Slash than it was Izzy and Axl. 

I've always thought (and recently said as much) that the most likely old member to return (which isn't to say it's likely, just more likely than the others) would be Izzy.  His personal relationship with Axl predates GnR.  They have loads in common, and, if there was a rift, they have some common ground to help repair it.  It seems that Axl's one and only beef with Izzy was (if you can call it a beef) his drug use.  And that, apparently, is no longer a problem.

Now, Izzy is a bit of a free spirit, that's for sure.  And just 'cause we see him in NYC, or at RIR, doesn't, I think, mean he'll show up anywhere elese.  In other words...a few shows doesn't make a reunion, anymore than the VR shows Izzy did meant he was in VR.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 09:16:42 AM »

Izzy is NOT in the band

Everyone knows that. People just keep on truckin the bullshit out in hopes that they'll be right.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 09:18:29 AM »

I think itd be magical if Izzy & Axl did 14 Years

*IF* Izzy even plays any songs with GNR, I bet it'll be something really normal like It's So Easy or Brownstone. I wouldn't bet that we'll get to hear 14, You Ain't, Dust or anything like that. I guess we can always hope though!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »

Izzy is NOT in the band

Everyone knows that. People just keep on truckin the bullshit out in hopes that they'll be right.

Not in the band? Yes.

Not going to do a guest shot on stage with GnR? Eh...we'll have to wait and see.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did...wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

I could see him coming out to do a couple of songs (Don't Cry, for example), just as a guest, especially for the NYC shows. 

See, this is what was so great about the Axl interview.  It gave us just enough info to satisfy us AND heighten the anticipation for the NYC shows.  Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday are going to be good days to be GnR fans!  ok

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: