Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists  (Read 17866 times)
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 12:43:53 AM »

Has Zack Wilde totally been eliminated as an option?  That stuff Axl was playing through his cell phone the other night reminded me of him.

Zakk hates Axl with a passion plus he's in ozzfest and gonna be working on a new cd with ozzy
he does?  i think your full of shit.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 12:59:02 AM »

Friday is going to be a sweet day, thats all that needs to be said.   yes

At least after Friday, the rumors will be put to rest.  hihi

You sure about that?  Axl might say a few sentences which people will disect every letter of every word and we'll have dozens of rumors for Sundays show and so on and so on until the euro tour is over  hihi   At which point the rumors will pick up with the NA tour and CD release...IT WILL NEVER END!!!!!   rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:42 AM »

Friday is going to be a sweet day, thats all that needs to be said.? ?yes

At least after Friday, the rumors will be put to rest.? hihi

You sure about that?? Axl might say a few sentences which people will disect every letter of every word and we'll have dozens of rumors for Sundays show and so on and so on until the euro tour is over? hihi? ?At which point the rumors will pick up with the NA tour and CD release...IT WILL NEVER END!!!!!? ?rofl

Haha.. You're right!  For a moment, I forgot we were talking about GNR.  The rumors never end...  beer

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 01:23:02 AM »

Friday is going to be a sweet day, thats all that needs to be said.   yes

At least after Friday, the rumors will be put to rest.  hihi

You sure about that?  Axl might say a few sentences which people will disect every letter of every word and we'll have dozens of rumors for Sundays show and so on and so on until the euro tour is over  hihi   At which point the rumors will pick up with the NA tour and CD release...IT WILL NEVER END!!!!!   rofl

Haha.. You're right!  For a moment, I forgot we were talking about GNR.  The rumors never end...  beer

yeah, but thats what makes it so much fun being a GNR fan  beer    If nothing else, I've had some REALLY good laughs at the expense of other people while waiting for CD....it helps pass the time Wink haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 01:31:28 AM »

last time I checked, Bass was a 'guitar' so yeah, there could be four.  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 01:32:03 AM »

Well if Izzy turns up as a guest, they will have four guitarists on stage.....

I don't think he'll be a permanent member though.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 01:36:35 AM »

Did Axl say Izzy would show up to play, or just to watch the band?

Woudn't mind hearing "Double Talkin' Jive."

An Izzy/Axl duo of "14 Years" would kick ass!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »

I think those with tickets for the later shows will have a great chance to see Izzy take the stage for a couple of songs.

But Axl did say that there is an equal chance that Izzy takes a vacation to Brazil on a whim....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 01:39:50 AM »

An Izzy/Axl duo of "14 Years" would kick ass!

The should change the lyrics to "15 Years"...  hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 02:09:48 AM »

izzy was a guest guitar player for Velvet Revolver, now he hangs out with GNR ... what's the matter whit him ?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 02:12:09 AM »

izzy was a guest guitar player for Velvet Revolver, now he hangs out with GNR ... what's the matter whit him ?

Sounds like a good gig to me........... Cool
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 02:18:38 AM »

Well this radio is just reporting what they heard at the Eddy Trunk show.

Axl saying there's a new guitarist.
Axl saying that Izzy might show up at the shows (I guess he was only talking about Hammerstein show though).

Two days left and those rumors will stop Cheesy

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 02:26:27 AM »

Has Zack Wilde totally been eliminated as an option?  That stuff Axl was playing through his cell phone the other night reminded me of him.

you could tell that was Zakk Wylde from a guitar played through axl's cell phone to a radio station then out to the internet?

you should join the CIA
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 02:33:25 AM »

Has Zack Wilde totally been eliminated as an option? ?That stuff Axl was playing through his cell phone the other night reminded me of him.

Zakk hates Axl with a passion plus he's in ozzfest and gonna be working on a new cd with ozzy

Do you have any clue what you're talking about... He always speaks highly of axl.....

I heard an interview with Zakk 3 years ago and he was talking bad about Axl

These Quotes are from an issue of Ultimate Guitar feat SLASH in 04'

TRACII GUNS
WHO IS HE? A big-haired LA scenester, and also cofounder of Guns N' Roses.
GLORY DAYS: Tracii the band's original Lead guitarist and claims to have written many of the riffs that were later made famous by Slash. He was kicked out in 1985.
TRACII ON AXL: "He's a schmuck and he'll always be a schmuck.End of story."

IZZY STRADLIN
WHO IS HE? Known as being the 'quiet one,' despite once being arrested for pissing down the aisle of a crowded aeroplane.
GLORY DAYS: Played rhythm guitar in the original, classic line-up. He left in 1991 after Axl forced him to accept a pay cut.
IZZY ON AXL: "Axl always wants to do stuff his way, at his pace, in his time."

GILBY CLARKE
WHO IS HE? 80s glam rock also-ran, Left LA band, Candy, to replace Stradlin in GN'R.
GLORY DAYS: Toured with the band from 1992 to 1994. After one pomp-rock ballad too many, Gilby politely suggested that the band might rock out a bit more... so Axl sacked him.
GILBY ON AXL: "I don't really talk to the man much any more."
 ? ? ?
BRIAN MAY
WHO IS HE? The fright-haired, 80s Queen legend.He wrote some tunes you might just recognise...
GLORY DAYS: Played on early sessions for Chinese Democracy with Mr Rose. Who knows, we might even get to hear some of the stuff he did one day!
BRIAN ON AXL "He's not always easy [to work with] He's utterly meticulous."

ZAKKWYLDE
WHO IS HE? Beer-swilling New Jersey axe-for-hire. Plays for Ozzy Osbourne as well as fronting his own project, which is called Black Label Society.
GLORY DAYS: Zakk jammed with the band in 1995. He'd barely tuned up when he got his marching orders.
ZAKK ON AXL: "I saw Axl not so long ago... and I said 'Get the . fuck out of here.'"

PAUL HUGE
WHO IS HE? His surname is apparently pronounced 'hoogee.' Childhood friend of Axl. Also, named the 'Yoko Ono of Guns N' Roses' by Matt Sorum.
GLORY DAYS: Replaced Gilby Clarke in 1994. Slash couldn't stand him, and promptly quit. Huge, meanwhile, managed to cling on until last year.
PAUL ON AXL: "We're still friends."
 ? ? ?
ROBIN FINCK ?
WHO IS HE? Nine Inch Nails guitarist, poached by Axl on the strength of his cutting edge, industrial sound.
GLORY DAYS: Replaced Slash as lead guitarist between 1997 and 1999. Still occasionally turns up for live gigs.
ROBIN ON AXL: "I doubt very much that record will come out any time soon."

DAVE NAVARRO
WHO IS HE? Formerly of Jane's Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers fame, the man's an exceptional guitarist.
GLORY DAYS: Played a solo on Oh My God (from the End Of Days soundtrack) back in 1999. One afternoon with Axl was quite enough for Dave.
DAVE ON AXL: "It just never worked out."

BUCKETHEAD
WHO IS HE? A mystery wrapped in an enigma topped off with a KFC bucket. What more could you ask for! He used to be in avant-funk oddballs, Praxis, and once auditioned for the Chilis.
GLORY DAYS: Joined in 2000 and is still there. How long will he last?
BUCKETHEAD ON AXL: "..."

"I love Axl Rose too, he?s fucking awesome" - Zakk Wylde, Glide Magazine - October 20th, 2005
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 02:42:57 AM »

Man O Man,

Where's Izzy?
Here he is!
"Mr. Invisible of GNR"
This better be real. That is some of the best GNR news Ive heard all year.
Can't wait to see them Sunday Nite with Izzy!

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »

last time I checked, Bass was a 'guitar' so yeah, there could be four.? hihi

That's the first thing I thought of. Especially with the comments coming from Stinson, he probably likes to think of himself as a guitarist.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2006, 02:57:29 AM »

i reckon izzy wouldv been a permanent member except hes really unreliable as axl said. He's probly turned up to a few of there rehersals and will play with them occasionaly as a guest. I know Axl didnt actulaly say "playing" with izzy, just that izzy might come and watch, but with this news as well, and judging by the way Axl said it im fairly sure he meant playing with guns n roses.

The 3rd guitarist - I have no idea what Tracii guns sounds like - could it be him?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2006, 03:00:53 AM »

i reckon izzy wouldv been a permanent member except hes really unreliable as axl said. He's probly turned up to a few of there rehersals and will play with them occasionaly as a guest. I know Axl didnt actulaly say "playing" with izzy, just that izzy might come and watch, but with this news as well, and judging by the way Axl said it im fairly sure he meant playing with guns n roses.

The 3rd guitarist - I have no idea what Tracii guns sounds like - could it be him?

I doubt it'd be tracii.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2006, 03:08:52 AM »

Izzy is NOT in the band

Are you Axl or something? Roll Eyes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Origen
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2006, 03:10:46 AM »

last time I checked, Bass was a 'guitar' so yeah, there could be four.? hihi

That's what I thought that they were just classing bass as guitar, so that would make "4 guitarists" if that's what they ment.

I hope there isn't 4 guitarists (5 w/ bass) because that's so over the top for any band, especially when it used to only take 2 guitarists to play the songs.

Izzy won't be a perminant player I can't see it, he does his own stuff his own way. Same way he didn't join VR, he still wrote with them and made guest appearances live but was never a perminant member because he wanted to continue with his solo stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: