Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 93.3 WMMR Reports GNR Has 4 Guitarists  (Read 17780 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »

I don't know if this rumor is right or wrong, but either way, don't you guys think that the "surprise" guy will HAVE to be famous? ?Seriously, like if it's this guy Batio or whatever, who besides a few people on a message board are going to know who it is? ? ?

Once again - remember - there are probably more Gn'R fans who DON'T follow them on a day by day basis like we do. ?So in my humble opinion, if Axl has a surprise, it's someone famous.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 09:25:09 AM »

People,

there are like 2 days to wait, why not just hold on until showtime.

Izzy has played with axl since 91, so has gilby and probably a thousand others. I would like to know who it is also, but im more than happy to wait and see. He it could be duff as the 4th guitarist, if he can do it with alice in chains then why not.

Lets just wait and see.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:33 AM »

I don't know if this rumor is right or wrong, but either way, don't you guys think that the "surprise" guy will HAVE to be famous? ?Seriously, like if it's this guy Batio or whatever, who besides a few people on a message board are going to know who it is? ? ?

Once again - remember - there are probably more Gn'R fans who DON'T follow them on a day by day basis like we do. ?So in my humble opinion, if Axl has a surprise, it's someone famous.

I would tend to agree...maybe not "famous/famous", but at least well known.

The OTHER alternative is that it's someone who is from a well known band but has yet to let them know he's in GnR, and leaving his current setup.? And, for the record, NO I'M NOT SUGGESTING THAT "SOMEONE" IS IN A BAND WITH THE INITIALS VR! Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2006, 09:28:01 AM »

I don't know if this rumor is right or wrong, but either way, don't you guys think that the "surprise" guy will HAVE to be famous?  Seriously, like if it's this guy Batio or whatever, who besides a few people on a message board are going to know who it is?   

Once again - remember - there are probably more Gn'R fans who DON'T follow them on a day by day basis like we do.  So in my humble opinion, if Axl has a surprise, it's someone famous.

I would tend to agree...maybe not "famous/famous", but at least well known.

The OTHER alternative is that it's someone who is from a well known band but has yet to let them know he's in GnR, and leaving his current setup.  And, for the record, NO I'M NOT SUGGESTING THAT "SOMEONE" IS IN A BAND WITH THE INITIALS VR! Smiley

That seemed like a possiblity to me as well. Like some guy who's fairly well know w/ his own band but can't really reveal anything til the shows.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »

People,

there are like 2 days to wait, why not just hold on until showtime.

Izzy has played with axl since 91, so has gilby and probably a thousand others. I would like to know who it is also, but im more than happy to wait and see. He it could be duff as the 4th guitarist, if he can do it with alice in chains then why not.

Lets just wait and see.

Well, except accoridng to blabbermouth duff will be on the left coast on the 12th doing a show with Scott, Dave, and Slash.

As for why we keep talking about it and speculating: ?It's fun. ?And it heightens the sense of anticipation for the upcoming shows.

I know that, Friday night at about 6:30 PM, I'm parking myself infront of my PC and not leaving until GnR leaves the stage and we get a complete report on the show.

Together again,
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:23 AM »

So who in the hell is the "surprise guitarist"??  It has to be someone of some stature or they would not make it a surprise.  If it is an unknown they would just announce it.  So who is it and whoever goes to the first show better take a laptop and immediatily post it for us!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2006, 09:38:27 AM »

So who in the hell is the "surprise guitarist"??  It has to be someone of some stature or they would not make it a surprise.  If it is an unknown they would just announce it.  So who is it and whoever goes to the first show better take a laptop and immediatily post it for us!!

There will be more then plenty of updates from the show, but I want to remind everyone of something. Axl didn't really make it out sound like it was gonna be a big surprise or something. I'm not saying the guy isn't gonna be famous, but I just think everyone is reading WAY too much into the secrecy.

I really think the best explination is just to try and let the guys playing with GNR speak for itself.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

Quote from: pilferk
I could see [Izzy] coming out to do a couple of songs (Don't Cry, for example)

Wouldn't it be CLASSIC if Izzy came out to play on Don't Cry, and was wearing a sign that said "Where's Slash, Matt & Duff?" !!!??    rofl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2006, 09:42:49 AM »

Wouldn't it be CLASSIC if Izzy came out to play on Don't Cry, and was wearing a sign that said "Where's Slash, Matt & Duff?" !!!??? ? rofl

That would NEED to be photographed.

And you'd hear the peals of laughter 'round the world....

Together again,
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2006, 09:43:33 AM »

Wouldn't it be CLASSIC if Izzy came out to play on Don't Cry, and was wearing a sign that said "Where's Slash, Matt & Duff?" !!!??    rofl

HAHAHAHA.....thats fuckin classic man. Good one. At first I thought you were gonna suggest that he wear the "Where's Izzy" sign or maybe a "HERE'S Izzy" sign. But what you said was MUCH funnier.

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2006, 09:58:50 AM »

dj's are all a bunch of clueless retards...they're always starting shit like this...

"oh i know a guy who knows a guy who thinks he heard gnr has 10 drummers"

whatever...you don't know shit

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2006, 10:03:42 AM »

I've been saying this for weeks now....I totally agree with you.  if it is just a no name, then all the hype and surprise will be totally useless as everyone will just be turning to their left and right saying, "who is that?".

Having said that, how many guitarists out there are truly recognizable to the mainstream just by their face?

Maybe AXL is the "3rd guitarist" (rhythm) and robin and fortus are going to play lead  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2006, 10:06:45 AM »

Maybe AXL is the "3rd guitarist" (rhythm) and robin and fortus are going to play lead? hihi

Can't be, Axl said it was someone new.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »

was listening to the morning show on mmr this morning and Matt Cord stopped by. He mentioned that he will be doing concert coverage on the GNR show on the 12th.

he also mention the 4 guitarist thing again and when asked what he meant by 4 he said richard, robin, an as of yet to be announced guitarist, and izzy is back, then he said 'oops, actually i dont think i was supposed to tell you that'.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2006, 10:40:22 AM »

I've been saying this for weeks now....I totally agree with you.? if it is just a no name, then all the hype and surprise will be totally useless as everyone will just be turning to their left and right saying, "who is that?".

Having said that, how many guitarists out there are truly recognizable to the mainstream just by their face?

Maybe AXL is the "3rd guitarist" (rhythm) and robin and fortus are going to play lead? hihi

not necessarily true...if the new guy is AWESOME, no one will care if he's famous or not...he'll make himself famous in one day by being "gnr's awesome new guitarist"...i don't care who it is, as long as he's good and doesn't wear a fucking mask (and as long as he's not a lame, old geezer like batio)
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2006, 10:41:13 AM »

was listening to the morning show on mmr this morning and Matt Cord stopped by. He mentioned that he will be doing concert coverage on the GNR show on the 12th.

he also mention the 4 guitarist thing again and when asked what he meant by 4 he said richard, robin, an as of yet to be announced guitarist, and izzy is back, then he said 'oops, actually i dont think i was supposed to tell you that'.

100%, complete and total

B U L L S H I T

Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2006, 11:30:58 AM »

Izzy's getting more attention than ever right now. I wonder if he's loving these rumors of " Are you in Guns n Roses " or not. I personally can't wait to hear the reports from the concerts.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2006, 12:20:51 PM »

100%, complete and total

B U L L S H I T

just sharing what i heard.

and really no one knows until friday so im keeping an open mind.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

as a young kid when gnr came out it was about axl n slash.  now id take back izzy over slash any day.
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2006, 12:28:25 PM »

I predict that at some point in the show, Dizzy will play some rhythm (remember the "Dizzy's Guitar Tech" post?), if Izzy shows up and jams, that would be cool. ?And maybe even Axl will pick up a guitar. Plus, if Axl wasn't being coy, when he said there was a new guitarist, but it was no one from the past, then there is a new guy. ?

So how about a ten minute version of Paradise City as an encore, with Robin, Richard, Izzy, new guy, Dizzy and Axl all trading solos at the end?

Hahaha! ?What a trainwreck that would be! ? Or could they pull it off......?

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: