Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485866 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1460 on: June 30, 2007, 05:54:03 AM »

METALLICA premiered a brand new track, tentatively dubbed "The Other New Song", during their appearance Friday night (June 29) at the Bilbao BBK Live festival in in Bilbao, Spain. The group also performed its 1986 LP "Master of Puppets" in its entirety, just as they did at almost every show on their summer 2006 tour. The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Creeping Death
02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
03. The Four Horsemen
04. The Memory Remains
05. The Unforgiven
06. Battery
07. Master of Puppets
08. The Thing That Should Not Be
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. Disposable Heroes
11. Leper Messiah
12. Orion
13. Damage, Inc.
- - - -
14. Sad But True
15. Nothing Else Matters
16. One
17. Enter Sandman
- - - -
18. [The Other New Song]
19. Seek and Destroy

Is that a Different new song than to the other 2 new songs they played last year?

peace
yes or else the write up wouldnt say premiered.

html sucks
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1461 on: June 30, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »

METALLICA premiered a brand new track, tentatively dubbed "The Other New Song", during their appearance Friday night (June 29) at the Bilbao BBK Live festival in in Bilbao, Spain. The group also performed its 1986 LP "Master of Puppets" in its entirety, just as they did at almost every show on their summer 2006 tour. The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Creeping Death
03. The Four Horsemen
04. The Memory Remains
05. The Unforgiven
06. Battery
07. Master of Puppets
08. The Thing That Should Not Be
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. Disposable Heroes
11. Leper Messiah
12. Orion
13. Damage, Inc.
- - - -
14. Sad But True
15. Nothing Else Matters
16. One
17. Enter Sandman
- - - -
18. [The Other New Song]
19. Seek and Destroy

Is that a Different new song than to the other 2 new songs they played last year?

peace
yes or else the write up wouldnt say premiered.

Yeah I got that but last year they had "the new song" and "the other new song" so I wasn't to sure.

Has anyone heard it yet?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1462 on: July 04, 2007, 10:45:58 AM »

Metallica performed at the Rockwave festival last night (Tuesday, July 3) in Terra Vibe, Malakasa, Greece. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Creeping Death
02. Fuel
03. Wherever I May Roam
04. For Whom the Bell Tolls
05. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
06. ...And Justice For All
07. The Memory Remains
08. Disposable Heroes
09. Orion
10. Fade To Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Battery
- - - -
13. Sad But True
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. One
16. Enter Sandman
- - - -
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
anythinggoes
« Reply #1463 on: July 04, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »

MACHINE HEAD has replaced BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE as one of the opening acts for METALLICA on July 8 at the Wembley Stadium in London, England. Also scheduled to appear are H.I.M. and MASTODON.

Commented MACHINE HEAD guitarist Phil Demmel: "Holy Crap!!! A monstrous cherry just got plopped on top of our already huge European festival run pie, in the shape of the METALLICA show at Wembley Stadium. Are you effin' kidding me?!? We couldn't have asked for a better ending to this amazing ride through Europe than to play with our Bay Area brothers at this legendary venue. WOO HOO!!"

MACHINE HEAD is set to take the stage at 5:15 p.m. A few remaining seated tickets are on sale now at www.livenation.co.uk, priced ?40.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1464 on: July 04, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »

ace!

Buller my valentine are beyond shite, Machine Head will be great

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1465 on: July 04, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

looks like a good setlist - but 'am i evil' - never heard of that song in my life.....

Wow, you've never heard that song?

Metallica have played that song since their early days. At one stage it appeared in every single setlist of theirs in the 90's.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1466 on: July 04, 2007, 10:53:55 PM »

Wow someone who hasn't heard Am I Evil?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1467 on: July 04, 2007, 11:24:47 PM »

How are ticket sales going for the Wembley?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1468 on: July 05, 2007, 02:21:10 PM »

bah i had - its from that godawful Garage Inc album which i use to prop up a wonky table

..its a shite song from a shite album - why would i be up to speed on the tracklist?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1469 on: July 05, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »

bah i had - its from that godawful Garage Inc album which i use to prop up a wonky table

..its a shite song from a shite album - why would i be up to speed on the tracklist?

Because it's a cover originally recorded by Metallica in their early days that also happened to end up on Garage Inc. They've pretty much been playing the song since they first started out, and it was written by a band that was a huge influence on Metallica's sound and style - Diamond Head.

It is all down to personal taste, but I think the song kicks ass.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1470 on: July 05, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

Because it's a cover originally recorded by Metallica in their early days that also happened to end up on Garage Inc. They've pretty much been playing the song since they first started out, and it was written by a band that was a huge influence on Metallica's sound and style - Diamond Head.

It is all down to personal taste, but I think the song kicks ass.

I agree i've always loved the song. I think Garage Inc kicked ass too.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1471 on: July 07, 2007, 01:16:46 PM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich previously said in a statement, "I love my sons. I want them to 'inherit the Earth' FOR REAL! We keep waiting for future generations to solve the problems; to invent cleaner technology; to pay the costs...that's the same as passing the buck. I want the buck to stop here, now. I want lawmakers and laws to impose change. Nothing else will keep this world safe for my sons."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1472 on: July 07, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich previously said in a statement, "I love my sons. I want them to 'inherit the Earth' FOR REAL! We keep waiting for future generations to solve the problems; to invent cleaner technology; to pay the costs...that's the same as passing the buck. I want the buck to stop here, now. I want lawmakers and laws to impose change. Nothing else will keep this world safe for my sons."

at least hes actually taking this seriously, the whole show has been a joke

html sucks
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1473 on: July 07, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »

Metallica's live earth perforamnce in Hdtv video quality can be downloaded from www.metallifukinca.com
anythinggoes
« Reply #1474 on: July 09, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

Metallica's setlist for Wembley was as follows:

01. Creeping Death
03. Sad But True
04. Disposable Heroes
05. The Unforgiven
07. The Memory Remains
08. The Four Horsemen
09. Orion
10. Fade To Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Battery
13. No Leaf Clover
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. One
16. Enter Sandman
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

Great show loads of Energy, crowd was massively into the songs, not sure whether it was just play acting but the band seemed genuinely amazed at the crowd response.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1475 on: July 09, 2007, 05:35:58 PM »

01. Creeping Death
03. Sad But True
04. Disposable Heroes
05. The Unforgiven
07. The Memory Remains
08. The Four Horsemen
09. Orion
10. Fade To Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Battery
13. No Leaf Clover
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. One
16. Enter Sandman
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

Great show loads of Energy, crowd was massively into the songs, not sure whether it was just play acting but the band seemed genuinely amazed at the crowd response.

...and who was the kid doubled over in pain in the medical center...

...why yes! It was me!

4 songs in my temperature jumps about five degree, vision blurrs and i've got a migraine on my hands - best ?45 i ever spent....

However, having convinced the staff that? - no, i wasnt after methodone - they gave me no less than 4 pain killers which had me able to stand in time for the fireworks that accompanied One

Hurrah! By the time they completed their 5th encore i was just about able to clap...and be carried home

so there was my Sunday evening - meaning on no less than THREE occaisions my attempts to actually see Metallica have been thwarted!

...apparently the sound was awful, i didnt really see enough of the show to comment

...but that poster who raved about Load/Reload was right - the crowd loved the token song from that era - damn traitors!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:37:56 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1476 on: July 09, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »

01. Creeping Death
03. Sad But True
04. Disposable Heroes
05. The Unforgiven
07. The Memory Remains
08. The Four Horsemen
09. Orion
10. Fade To Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Battery
13. No Leaf Clover
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. One
16. Enter Sandman
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

...and who was the kid doubled over in pain in the medical center...

...why yes! It was me!

4 songs in my temperature jumps about five degree, vision blurrs and i've got a migraine on my hands - best ?45 i ever spent....

However, having convinced the staff that  - no, i wasnt after methodone - they gave me no less than 4 pain killers which had me able to stand in time for the fireworks that accompanied One

Hurrah! By the time they completed their 5th encore i was just about able to clap...and be carried home

so there was my Sunday evening - meaning on no less than THREE occaisions my attempts to actually see Metallica have been thwarted!

...apparently the sound was awful, i didnt really see enough of the show to comment

...but that poster who raved about Load/Reload was right - the crowd loved the token song from that era - damn traitors!

trust you izzy lol!!! hope you get to see them properly some day

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1477 on: July 09, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »

Author and journalist Joel McIver spoke with James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo before their spectacular Wembley Stadium show on Sunday night (July 8 ). McIver has released the following excerpts from the conversation to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

Q: A lot of long-time Metallica fans are asking one simple question. Is your new album going to be old-school thrash metal?
Trujillo: "There's a lot of everything, man. There's speed on this. There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today. And then there's stuff that I think is pretty progressive. Sometimes, when you're in the thick of it, when we're all creating it together, it's hard to get the feel of an outside perspective. But then you get someone like Scott Ian from Anthrax, who is in the lounge waiting for us to go to dinner or something, and he's like 'Rob, man! That riff fuckin' ruled, bro! What song is that? Is that on the album?' and stuff like that ? and you go, I think we're doing the right thing. I gotta say, the attitude and the conviction of the old school is there, the speed is there and the power, there's an element of groove there that's really strong."

Q: Are you contributing to the songwriting, Rob?
Trujillo: "Yes. This is a collaborative journey for us, and everybody's contributed riffs. There are some of my ideas in there, and there are a ton of James' ideas, and a lot of Kirk's ideas. Kirk was away a lot because his wife was having a baby, so often it was just me and James and Lars ? so for me to witness the collaborative spirit between James and Lars was so motivating. It's kind of mindblowing. It was really neat and inspirational to see them both going back to the old-school method. The general spirit of a lot of these arrangements and ideas is taken from what it must have been like back in 1982."

Q: Does producer Rick Rubin make suggestions about the songs?
Trujillo: "Yes, he does. He actually makes suggestions, and you try them: some of them are great, and some of them aren't gonna work ? but that's OK. Some of his words of wisdom were very inspirational in bringing this band back to the old school, and getting James and Lars to step back in time. It's pretty exciting, although it's not like there haven't been any headbutting contests: there's been a little bit of that, but sometimes that little bit of tension is good for the tracks."

Q: James and Kirk, you both played bass alongside Rob with Spinal Tap at the Live Earth concert, also at Wembley Stadium, on Saturday. Did you enjoy it?
Hetfield: "Dude, I'm telling you, I told 'em yesterday, "Don't plug me in!" No, it was fun. He [points to Trujillo] ripped into this solo that was fuckin' unbelievable. I was like, 'Dude, why don't you do that with our shit? Come on!'"
Hammett: "I woke up this morning, and I'd been playing bass with my fingers ? and my whole muscle all the way up my arm was sore. I just shook it out and it got better, but it's never happened to me before."
Trujillo: "When you're playing with your fingers in cold climates, and you're playing with these guys, your fingers want to cramp. Playing with Metallica in cold temperatures is a taboo, man!"
Hetfield: "Metallica give you the cramps!"
Trujillo: "We have a chiropractor guy who's with us."
Hetfield: "He's a voodoo doctor."
Hammett: "He's my personal assistant!"
Trujillo: "He's there and he makes things better. He gets in there and works it out in the forearm, and also in the bicep. It's like acupressure."
Hetfield: "He makes everything else hurt, so your arm doesn't hurt as much!"

Q: Robert, you've been a member of Metallica for four years now. Do you remember much about your audition for the band back in late 2002?
Trujillo: "Oh yeah! [Therapist] Phil Towle was there and the cameras were all there, so it was kinda crazy. I didn't really know how to handle myself. At 11 o'clock on the first night, Lars said, 'Hey man, let's go get a beer,' and I was thinking, this guy could potentially be my boss, so I'd better go and have a cold one with him. I'm not a big drinker, but we ended up drinking until five in the morning. This guy's a crazy Viking, right? People talk about hazing ? like the hazing that went along with Jason [Newsted] ? and I felt in a way that this would be the beginning of their new version of hazing. I slept maybe three hours, and I literally had the worst hangover of my life ? and then we went to the studio and I had to play. So on the DVD footage that you see of me doing my audition, I was pretty hammered!"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:11:55 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1478 on: July 09, 2007, 11:55:26 PM »

Has anyone heard the New New Song yet?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1479 on: July 10, 2007, 12:03:08 AM »

Has anyone heard the New New Song yet?

peace

As far as I know they've only played "The Other New Song" which they played last year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: