Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486097 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1360 on: February 20, 2007, 12:27:27 AM »

Logistically it's difficult to go to Australia.? Embarrassed

With how fuckin great this country is, it's worth any difficulties getting here ok beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1361 on: February 20, 2007, 12:30:30 AM »

I'll have to agree with that.  It's a shame you guys don't get more gigs.  But hey, Axl's coming!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1362 on: February 20, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »

Yeah, I'm hoping not too many other big artists tour here this year, cause I plan on going to as many GN'R shows as possible.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1363 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »

I watched metallica show in belgrade before couple years,and that was very bad show for me,without energy,without emotions .
you could see a five great musicans how playing without emotions between them and crowd

I have never seen so many tree
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1364 on: February 21, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »

METALLICA has posted the following message on its official web site:

"Enough already with this announcing one show at a time B.S. . . . we've got four more to tell you about!

"First up, is Oslo, Norway on July 10th. Last time we were there is it was winter (Dec. '03). . . We're psyched to be playing outside in the summer, actually our first outside gig ever in Norway.

"We haven't been to Stockholm, Sweden in way tooooooo long . . . so it's very cool that we'll be back on July 12th to play at Stockholm Stadion for the second time. See how these things work ... 'cause the next show is in . . . Helsinki, Finland, July 15th, our eighth visit to Helsinki and again our second time at the Olympic Stadium. Yeah, there are a couple of days off in there . . . what to do, what to do?

"Last tidbit from tonight's update . . . a city we have only played once before, and site of one of the best and most intense shows in 'TALLICA history . . . Moscow on July 18th, this time at the Lushniki Stadium.

"They're all METALLICA shows, with of course a few cool opening bands that we'll let you in on as soon as all the details are sorted.

"We have a few more shows in the works, so we'll get back to you soon as they're confirmed . . . keep watching here."

METALLICA "Sick of the Studio '07 Tour" dates so far:

Jul. 01 - Werchter, BEL @ Rock Werchter Festival
Jul. 03 - Athens, GRE @ Rockwave Festival
Jul. 05 - Vienna, AUT @ Rotundenplatz
Jul. 10 - Oslo, NOR @ Valle Hovin Stadion
Jul. 12 - Stockholm, SWE @ Stadion
Jul. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Olympic Stadium
Jul. 18 - Moscow, RUS @ Lushniki Stadium

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1365 on: March 02, 2007, 04:45:39 AM »

habanaTaken From The Metclub Board.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.eddietrunk.com

LARS ULRICH of Metallica LIVE on the Eddie Trunk Radio Show 3/2! Do not miss this exclusive as Lars calls in live from the studio with an update on Metallica and the new CD. Show is live 3/2 on Q104.3 NYC tri-state area and live online at www.q1043.com 11PM-2AM EST. Show will also air on all affiliate stations at the usual date and time the next week.

I would have recorded this if it wouldn't have been aired like 4-7 AM, my local time.

If someone here will be able to listen to this radio stream online, I can help you with ways to record it. It isn't a very hard thing to do.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1366 on: March 02, 2007, 05:23:32 AM »

Got tickets to see them in Helsinki. I would've preferred an arena show, but what's there to do - they sold out the olympic stadium in 30 minutes, they're a stadium band...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1367 on: March 05, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich spoke to Eddie Trunk of the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM Friday night (March 2) about the group's upcoming studio album and their future touring plans. A BLABBERMOUTH.NET partial transcript of the chat follows:

Q: So many people wanna get an update and are jonesin' for new music from METALLICA. So what can you tell us about what's going on in the studio?

Lars: Well, we're just finishing pre-production right now and we're gonna start recording next Monday. So we've got another week of pre-production next week and then tapes should start rolling for real on Monday, [March] 12th, [which] is D-Day, as it says on my calendar upstairs. We're pretty psyched about that. It's been about a year of writing and getting ideas together and the whole thing ? going through a couple of years' worth of riffs and all this stuff. We started out about six months ago with about 25 songs and now we've narrowed those down to 14, and we're gonna start recording 14 songs next Monday. So we're all pretty stoked.

Q: Everybody knows what exactly went on with the recording of the last album, because, of course, it was documented in a movie. So this time around I imagine things are pretty different than what went on with "Some Kind of Monster", right?

Lars: It's very, very? I mean, it's about as opposite of that? It's very chilled out and there's no movie crews or psychiatrists or any of that stuff ? it's four guys in a rock band, hanging out, having fun, making music and doing their thing. It's pretty chilled. There's not any dramas or any kind of stuff. [Laughs] I think a lot of people would actually be? I don't know if they'd be disappointed, but they'd probably find it fairly uneventful. [Laughs] It's just kind of us doing our thing and after all the bullshit that we went through in 2001 and 2003 and all the stuff you were talking about with the movie, this whole go-around has been really chilled out. Everybody's kind of getting along and having fun. The spirit is a lot like back in the day. Like I said, when people would ask me about the new record in the last few months, "St. Anger", I think increasingly when I look back, was kind of like an isolated experiment, about trying to write and record and do all that in the studio, kind of in the moment, not bringing in ideas and kind of getting away from everything we had done for the previous 20 years. And this record, this go-around, is more like what we used to do, with kind of getting together, going through ideas, writing songs together, doing demos, doing pre-production. Rick's [Rubin, producer] big thing is to kind of have all these songs completely embedded in our bodies and basically next Monday, on D-Day, just go in and execute them ? basically, just play them instead of... so you leave the creative element of the process out of the recording, so you go in and basically just record a bunch of songs that you know inside out and upside down and you don't have to spend too much of your energy in the recording studio creating and thinking and analyzing and doing all that stuff. His whole analogy is, the recording process becomes more like a gig ? just going in and playing and leaving all the thinking at the door.

Q: Obviously you are aware that there was, let's just say, mixed fan reaction to "St. Anger". There were a lot of longtime METALLICA fans that weren't happy with it. What's your thoughts, looking back on it now that it's been a few years, when you listen to it? What do you think of that album?

Lars: I think it kind of set out to do what it wanted it to do, which was to be, like, a moment and to have this incredible, raw energy and to go in after the "Black" album, the "Load" records and the symphony experience and all that, which were projects that a lot of thought went into, a lot of time went into and a lot of? you know, analyzing and sort of micro-managing every moment, we really wanted to go in and try and capture something completely different than that, which was just like a burst of energy. I think "St. Anger" has an incredible amount of raw energy and kind of just nutty? I don't know, like, guttural kind of? you know, "throwing the whole thing to the wind" kind of stuff. I'm really proud of the fact that we actually had the balls to not only try it but to pull it off. I know that there were obviously some people that were disappointed with snare sounds or lack of guitar solos and all that, but after what we'd been through for those couple of years after Newsted left and so on, it was really what we had to do, if not for anybody else then for ourselves. I'm really proud of the fact that we had the balls and the guts to stick with it, but now we're, once again, in a very different headspace and I'm glad we got that experiment out of our systems.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1368 on: March 07, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »

in a recent Rolling Stone blurb they talk about the new album, and how during the European tour last summer they played all of songs from Master of Puppets. Lars says "Reliving that record onstage has definitely set the tone for what we're doing now[referring to the writing/recording of the new album]"

well we all now how fucking awesome Master of Puppets was so i guess this can't be a bad thing. Grin

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2007, 01:23:26 AM »

^That's nice, but I've still got to say... don't believe the hype till you hear the music. Like before St. Anger came out, they talked about it being really heavy, which sounded promising at first, but now we all know what kind of record it was to be. And they also talked about St. Anger sounding like Meshuggah... well yeah, remotely I guess, if you take all the interesting musical ideas and talent out of the band, sure.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:21:49 AM by Skeletor » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1370 on: March 09, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »

Is some kind of monster worth seeing? even if i hate St Anger? is it about their career or jsut that album? i found it for sale for $10 and dunno if i should buy it, i cant see myself watchign it more than once

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1371 on: March 09, 2007, 04:38:44 PM »

Yeah, it's good for some laughs.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1372 on: March 09, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »

yeah VH1 plays it late at nite sometimes, i always seem to catch part of it. it was interesting.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1373 on: March 09, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »

Yeah, that's where I've seen it.  I don't know why, but I always watch it, no matter what.  But Neems, it's a cleaned up version on TV, so I wouldn't mind watching the real thing.  Go for it.

It's so funny seeing Lars and Dave Mustaine crying their little eyes out. 
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1374 on: March 15, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »

Yeah, that's where I've seen it.  I don't know why, but I always watch it, no matter what.  But Neems, it's a cleaned up version on TV, so I wouldn't mind watching the real thing.  Go for it.

It's so funny seeing Lars and Dave Mustaine crying their little eyes out. 

that part was filmed 2 days after 9-11.....go figure

http://www.metallica.com/ivergence/image/03mar14_pic06.jpg
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1375 on: March 15, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600185

Recording has finally began.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1376 on: March 19, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »

METALLICA has confirmed rumors that it will perform at the Wembley Stadium in London, England on July 8. "This is the newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium we're talking about, freshly delivered in time for us to test its barely dry foundations with a little live 'TALLICA," the band writes on its web site. "Remember, we've only played the stadium once before, at the Freddie Mercury benefit gig back in Spring of '92, so to play it now as headliners, especially the brand spankin' new one, is very, very cool... We'll also be bringing a few of our friends along to add to the festivities ...and between you and us, there's still another fun time or two on our European escape to announce...and as ever, when they get OFFICIALLY confirmed, you'll see them posted here...until then..."

The group's "Sick Of The Studio '07" tour schedule is now shaping up as follows:

Jun. 28 - Lisbon, Portugal - Super Bock Super Rock Festival
Jul. 01 - Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter Festival
Jul. 03 - Athens, Greece - Rockwave Festival
Jul. 05 - Vienna, Austria - Rotundenplatz
Jul. 08 - London, England ? Wembley Stadium
Jul. 10 - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadion
Jul. 12 - Stockholm, Sweden - Stadion
Jul. 13 - Aarhus, Denmark - Vestereng
Jul. 15 - Helsinki, Finland - Olympic Stadium
Jul. 18 - Moscow, Russia - Lushniki Stadium

wadey
Legend

« Reply #1377 on: March 19, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »

not sure if this has been posted already, the ultimate metallica collectible..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metallica-SUPER-RARE-item-one-copy-excist-WORLDWIDE_W0QQitemZ250094805645QQcategoryZ42445QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1378 on: March 19, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »

not sure if this has been posted already, the ultimate metallica collectible..

Ew, I bet it's got icky patches of dead skin attached to the insides...

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1379 on: March 19, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

Wow, icky and interesting.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: