Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486440 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1140 on: May 01, 2006, 07:40:04 AM »

Do u think Axl or Hetfield will mention each other on stage at the shows theyre playing together? I hope they dont coz theyre like my 2 fav bands but GN'R way infront of Tallica.

peace

This question was brought up by someone else, and I really don't think James will say anything, as it's never been his style to rag on other people on stage, and after going through rehab, I think he's even less inclined to do so.

Then again, Axl has always ranted what's on his mind, so maybe he'll say something...

If Axl does say something first I doubt Het would retaliate on stage. But maybe we'll get an old school rock n roll rumble backstage at Donington or something.  hihi

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #1141 on: May 01, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »

I think it's referred to as the "elevator version" if you're gonna look for it.
I have a version going by that name.....b-side on Sad But True single Wink

Edit: Anyone wanting it PM me

Got it!  Woo Hoo.  Best song - I suggest putting Stoned out, and asking him to give it over!!  Kiss

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1142 on: May 04, 2006, 04:40:18 PM »

10....the last album from them I bought was Master of puppets, and that was when it came out Grin
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1143 on: May 04, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

Metallica does not suck. I like em, gonna see them too soon in Arnhem!  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1144 on: May 04, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »

10....the last album from them I bought was Master of puppets, and that was when it came out Grin

Wow, 20 years ago, and you're still complaining... Shocked

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1145 on: May 05, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

^^ no, not complaining at all, just stating a fact that i havent bought a metallica album in 20 years
godiva
« Reply #1146 on: May 07, 2006, 08:08:24 AM »

Never been a big Metallica fan, but a few months ago there was a documentary on them on Dutch television. Have no idea whether it was official or not, maybe some big M-fans can help me out. Anyway, it was a backstage thing kind of documentary of the band working on their album and somewhere in the middle there's a band meeting and the guys are launching at each other's throats (figuratively), then later we can see James Hetfield taking his daughter to ballet practice. Just gave me a funny feeling. The rest of the band was giving James a hard time about picking his family over the band and then you see this bad ass rock and roller taking his girl in tutu to her ballet practice. On one hand quite funny, but a bit disturbing as well. What I do like about Metallica is that the guy who shot the documentary obviously got an 'all access'pass, he could film and release whatever he wanted. As pathetic as their fight was to see, I think it is nice of them to not ask the filmer to cut that bit out. There is a certain openness I appreciate.

Metallica won my respect when they decided to put bootlegger there in the audience where the sound is the best so the fans wouldn't get ripped off with bad quality bootlegs. I like that realism. You can't stop bootleggers, but this way you get some quality control.

As for their music, yeah, their latest albums hurt my ears. I liked them back in the early nineties, when I started listening to some newer bands instead of just the bands I grew up with (dad a big Rolling Stones fan, mom big Led Zep fan, and I wanted to marry Johnny Rotten  Lips Sealed), but can't say I was ever a big fan and nowadays I never listen to their music anymore unless they play it at the bar I happen to be at.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1147 on: May 07, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

Never been a big Metallica fan, but a few months ago there was a documentary on them on Dutch television. Have no idea whether it was official or not, maybe some big M-fans can help me out. Anyway, it was a backstage thing kind of documentary of the band working on their album and somewhere in the middle there's a band meeting and the guys are launching at each other's throats (figuratively), then later we can see James Hetfield taking his daughter to ballet practice. Just gave me a funny feeling. The rest of the band was giving James a hard time about picking his family over the band and then you see this bad ass rock and roller taking his girl in tutu to her ballet practice. On one hand quite funny, but a bit disturbing as well. What I do like about Metallica is that the guy who shot the documentary obviously got an 'all access'pass, he could film and release whatever he wanted. As pathetic as their fight was to see, I think it is nice of them to not ask the filmer to cut that bit out. There is a certain openness I appreciate.

Metallica won my respect when they decided to put bootlegger there in the audience where the sound is the best so the fans wouldn't get ripped off with bad quality bootlegs. I like that realism. You can't stop bootleggers, but this way you get some quality control.

As for their music, yeah, their latest albums hurt my ears. I liked them back in the early nineties, when I started listening to some newer bands instead of just the bands I grew up with (dad a big Rolling Stones fan, mom big Led Zep fan, and I wanted to marry Johnny Rotten? Lips Sealed), but can't say I was ever a big fan and nowadays I never listen to their music anymore unless they play it at the bar I happen to be at.

See, its stuff like this that people pre-concieve about rock stars. I mean what exactky is so disturbing about a father taking his daughter to ballet Huh

Oh that's right, it's because he also happens to be the singer in a band, so he shouldn't be able to do that... Roll Eyes

On a serious note, the movie you saw was Some Kind Of Monster, which was supposed to simply be a "making of the album" documentary, much like the Black album documentary "A Year & A Half in the life of Metallica", except the band nearly broke up during the recording of St Anger, so we ended up with a much deeper film.
I think it's a great 'warts and all' documentary to see the creative struggles of a band as popular as Metallica.

As Lars stated about the film, "this isn't a movie about music, it's a movie about relationships"

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1148 on: May 07, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »

I saw Metallica tribute band Mentalica last night in Exeter.  They were pretty cool, had fun, good practice for me before seeing the real thing at Donnington this year.

My mate saw them in 91 and in 97, he said they sucked a bit in 97 tho.  I think my biggest hope is that James has improved his voice as it's been pretty fucked in recent years and I hope he doesn't try to 'sing' the old songs.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #1149 on: May 08, 2006, 01:57:46 AM »

I'm so happy. I fanally got the metallica show I went to in 2004 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. 21/1/04. Its Fuckin awesome. WOOOOOOOOOOOO

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1150 on: May 08, 2006, 02:55:23 AM »

I'm so happy. I fanally got the metallica show I went to in 2004 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. 21/1/04. Its Fuckin awesome. WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey, where did you get that and how is the quality?
I'd be happy to trade you that for those other live songs you were after as well as the few other Metallica bootlegs I have.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #1151 on: May 08, 2006, 07:12:27 AM »

Hey, where did you get that and how is the quality?
I'd be happy to trade you that for those other live songs you were after as well as the few other Metallica bootlegs I have.

Yeah man for sure. The quality isnt to bad. Its not as good as the HOB 2001 GN'R gig and you can hear the dudes that recorded it "singing" along in the songs they know the words to. I got it from a mate here in Newcastle who is the Biggest Metallica fan in the Universe. He even has a lid from a Metallica stage box that was stolen from the Sydney BDO and turned it into a table top. He got it through someone who got it through someone else. Its not to well known anout apparently. PM me a list of your shit and We'll go from there.
Heres the set list

Date: Jan 21, 2004
Venue: Entertainment Centre
Other Artists: the datsuns 

Setlist:
Blackened
Fuel
Seek and Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Creeping Death
Dirty Window
Sad But True
One
Whiplash
- - - - - - - - - -
Harvester of Sorrow
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
- - - - - - - - - -
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - - - -
So What!
Hit The Lights

Awesome Show.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1152 on: May 08, 2006, 01:21:15 PM »

Absolulty NOTHING sucks about the mighty metallica.... Nothing... you might not like a few of their albums but they do not suck....  when thier next album comes out ill bet people change thier tune real quick......

If you dont like St Anger or the Black album dont listen to those albums... but dont say the band sucks.... Any Metal Head may dislike certain albums but any band that has songs like

One
Enter Sandman
Seek and Dystroy
Fade to Black
Fuel

DOES NOT FUCKING SUCK!!!  YOU SUCK IF YOU THINK METALLICA SUCKS.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1153 on: May 08, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

One is the worst song they ever did....Seek and Destroy and Fade to Black are from when they didn't suck hihi And you forgot Sanitarium and Master of Puppets Grin
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1154 on: May 08, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

One is the worst song they ever did....Seek and Destroy and Fade to Black are from when they didn't suck hihi And you forgot Sanitarium and Master of Puppets Grin

and Creeping Death... Thats the best one song ever....
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #1155 on: May 10, 2006, 02:50:20 AM »

Absolulty NOTHING sucks about the mighty metallica.... Nothing... you might not like a few of their albums but they do not suck....? when thier next album comes out ill bet people change thier tune real quick......

If you dont like St Anger or the Black album dont listen to those albums... but dont say the band sucks.... Any Metal Head may dislike certain albums but any band that has songs like

One
Enter Sandman
Seek and Dystroy
Fade to Black
Fuel

DOES NOT FUCKING SUCK!!!? YOU SUCK IF YOU THINK METALLICA SUCKS.

Its so fuckin stupid sayin a band sux coz they had a shit album. All bands have had an album that didnt get to the level of their others. But It dont mean they suck. People who follow bands like that are little pop trendy girls anyway.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1156 on: May 10, 2006, 03:40:42 AM »

One is the worst song they ever did....

Very true - though its the non existant production that ruins it, if they added a bass line (ye gods - a metal album without a bass guitar, and we thought Metallica had turned into idiots around '96!), and...well, re did everything, it would be a damn fine tune

Quick! To the bandwagon!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1157 on: May 10, 2006, 08:01:41 PM »

One is the worst song they ever did....

Very true - though its the non existant production that ruins it, if they added a bass line (ye gods - a metal album without a bass guitar, and we thought Metallica had turned into idiots around '96!), and...well, re did everything, it would be a damn fine tune

listen to it live or find the version with the quotes from the movie in it... the rare version with Johnny got his gun quotes...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1158 on: May 10, 2006, 08:10:18 PM »

One is a kick ass tune. Metallica kicked ass back in the day and they still kick ass now. Rob from Ozzy and BLS on bass is one hell of a addition for these guys. And I can't wait to hear the new material.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
SuperMike
« Reply #1159 on: May 10, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »

One is a kick ass tune. Metallica kicked ass back in the day and they still kick ass now. Rob from Ozzy and BLS on bass is one hell of a addition for these guys. And I can't wait to hear the new material.
yeah Rob's awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: