Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486628 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1040 on: March 07, 2006, 05:33:04 PM »

i havn't heard st. anger. what sucks about it ?

Well if you listen to what the haters say about it here, apparently everything. But if you listen without judgement, you'll find it's a raw, heavy, in-yer-face, f**k you, punk-metal album with some killer grooves.

It isn't Metallica's finest moment, its more of a band finding themselves after nearly splitting. But there are some good songs on there - Frantic, St. Anger, Some Kind of Monster, Unnamed Feeling, Sweet Amber.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #1041 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »

Metallica really need to get this thing out so people can move on from St Anger? hihi

Hope metallex is right and St Anger was the album to help them find themselves again and the next album is a step up from that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:04:11 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1042 on: March 08, 2006, 09:20:43 AM »

METALLICA have posted the following message on their official web site:

"So there we are, hanging out at HQ getting ready for our first visit to South Africa, and a call comes in wondering if we can leave a few days early and stop by New York to induct a bunch of guys from Birmingham, England (they're called BLACK SABBATH, you might've heard of them) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It took us all of 3/4 of a second to say 'Fuck yeah!!'

"BLACK SABBATH wrote the book on heavy music, and like many other snot-nosed kids, we read it religiously over and over again. For all of us in METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH are a major influence not only on our music, but on our lives, and as you can imagine, we're psyched to join Bill, Geezer, Ozzy, and Tony for the induction ceremony on Monday, March 13.

"Not only will we be inducting SABBATH, we are going to make a humble attempt at playing some of their songs live in front of the gathered masses, including, most humbling of all, the four members of the band themselves.

"If you want to check it out, VH1 will be there with their cameras.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1043 on: March 08, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »

You say you don't like them yet obviously can't stop discussing them.

Get a life.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: March 08, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »

i enjoy the majority of metallica, post cliff burton they are not as good but they certainly arnt crap. st anger has bout 3 good songs the rest are a bit crap imo, the production just irritates me.

html sucks
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »

This Is fucking stupid METALLICA kicks ass You'll see when the new album comes outnow that Bob Rock has nothin to do with it,You'll see

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: March 08, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »

Metallica playing Sabbath tunes? How f**kin cool is that! beer

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #1047 on: March 09, 2006, 01:19:28 AM »

This Is fucking stupid METALLICA kicks ass You'll see when the new album comes outnow that Bob Rock has nothin to do with it,You'll see

Shocked

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1048 on: March 09, 2006, 02:10:06 AM »

Metallica can do no right by some people these days.  So they released a bad album, big deal, every band has one.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #1049 on: March 09, 2006, 09:17:53 AM »

Metallica can do no right by some people these days.? So they released a bad album, big deal, every band has one.

They release 3 - THREE bad albums. Load,Re-Load,and St. Anger are sub-par albums. They also have changed as people. They are greedy and don't give a shite about the fans. They are sooooo self consumed these days it pathetic. I think Aliens sucked out thier brains in 1995. Lars just makes me sick. James is a fag. Undecided

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Jonathan
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »

Metallica can do no right by some people these days.? So they released a bad album, big deal, every band has one.

They release 3 - THREE bad albums. Load,Re-Load,and St. Anger are sub-par albums. They also have changed as people. They are greedy and don't give a shite about the fans. They are sooooo self consumed these days it pathetic. I think Aliens sucked out thier brains in 1995. Lars just makes me sick. James is a fag. Undecided

I'm so tired of you, don't you have better things to do?

I would like to see you put out an album, let's see how that goes, huh?

And stop use the word 'fag', idiot.

In case you didn't know, it might be offending to some people.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:37:12 PM by I have a good title » Logged
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1051 on: March 09, 2006, 08:14:03 PM »

JAMES HETFIELD IS FUCKING GOD

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: March 09, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »

I met ALL the members of Metallica backstage at Big Day Out festival when they toured Australia in 2004, and nothing could be further from from the truth. They were all really cool down-to-earth guys who were more than willing to hang out and talk to their fans.

So stop making bullshit up simply because you don't like the music they've been puting out.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »

ollingStone.com is reporting that METALLICA have hunkered down in a San Francisco studio, breaking ground on their ninth studio disc, with producer Rick Rubin (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, AUDIOSLAVE, SLAYER). After opening two shows for the ROLLING STONES last November, 'TALLICA got the itch to stitch together a new album. "We've been writing, jamming, hanging for about two months," drummer Lars Ulrich tells RollingStone.com. "Right now it's me, James [Hetfield] and Rob [Trujillo] ? Kirk [Hammett] shows up once in a while." On their last album, "St. Anger", the band wrote and recorded simultaneously; this time, they'll first spend about six months composing brain-rattling riffs and mining recordings of pre-show jams from the "St. Anger" tour for material. The boys are currently booking some one-off summer dates to break the monotony. "Japan, South Africa, Bumfuck ? we'll play anywhere," says Lars. "I'll draw the line at bar mitzvahs, but backyard keggers for sure."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
SuperMike
« Reply #1054 on: March 11, 2006, 07:05:40 PM »

Metallica has some songs I don't like but I still love the band.
Bono
« Reply #1055 on: March 11, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »

10 based on their last album.? I did not like the St. Anger album at all. I've never been big inot Metallica but there are times when I seem to crave hearing a songs like Fade to Black or Orion or For Whom the Bell Tolls or Wherever I May Roam or even songs off the load album like King Nothing and Hero of the Day. Even though I'm not a big fan metallica is classic and their fans are some of the most diehard fans around. Too bad St. Anger sucked donkey balls. As for Metallica's legacy I'd have to give them a 8 on their longevity and ability to put out quality material.?They're possibly the biggest most improtant Metal band ever depending how you look at it and what you consider metal. They did bring hard Metal mainstreme. There fan base only seems to get bigger so that says alot about what they've done in the past. I've only owned 3 albums by them though(Puppets, Justice and Load).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 08:21:27 PM by Bono » Logged
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #1056 on: March 11, 2006, 08:22:27 PM »

10 easy

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1057 on: March 12, 2006, 04:04:58 AM »

It's even worse than you think. They have 5 terrible albums (not just sub-par, terrible): Metallica, Load, Reload, St. Anger, and S&M. Their decent albums are overrated. Master Of Puppets is not that good, and Ride The Lightning was a huge step down from Kill 'Em All. Kill 'Em All and ...And Justice For All are really the only Metallica masterpieces, and they aren't even as good as the competition. Put them up against Rust In Peace, Fear Of Tomorrow, Hell Awaits, Fistful Of Metal, Bonded By Blood, Pleasure To Kill, Persecution Mania, and so on, and they just don't sound that good anymore.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1058 on: March 12, 2006, 04:54:43 AM »

It's even worse than you think. They have 5 terrible albums (not just sub-par, terrible): Metallica, Load, Reload, St. Anger, and S&M. Their decent albums are overrated. Master Of Puppets is not that good, and Ride The Lightning was a huge step down from Kill 'Em All. Kill 'Em All and ...And Justice For All are really the only Metallica masterpieces, and they aren't even as good as the competition. Put them up against Rust In Peace, Fear Of Tomorrow, Hell Awaits, Fistful Of Metal, Bonded By Blood, Pleasure To Kill, Persecution Mania, and so on, and they just don't sound that good anymore.

Yet people still keep making threads about them... Roll Eyes

If you disilke the band so much, don't listen to them. It's that easy ok

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #1059 on: March 12, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »

St. Anger imo was boring. They could've made the songs kick ass but there was no topping on the pizza. As a result the album was extremely dry and no flavour and the album was extremely monotonous. They also sucked at Download '04. Guitar solos could've helped the band because of a song is crap, a good guitar solo can save it. I've heard many songs which i thought were rubbish until the guitar solo. 

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: