Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486821 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #900 on: January 13, 2006, 07:14:55 AM »

I'm looking forward to the new album as much as any new Metallica release and I'm sure they'll come up with something good just like they always do. ok

Always do?

They haven't released anything good in 15 years.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #901 on: January 13, 2006, 11:33:57 AM »

Garage Days  ok
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #902 on: January 13, 2006, 03:53:47 PM »

Garage Days? ok

They were covers, can that be counted?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #903 on: January 13, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »

Garage Days? ok

They were covers, can that be counted?
Well i guess, but a fair few had been done back in the 80s anyway, your 15 years seems fairly accurate, i'll be impressed if they pull off a miracle and get a good new album out, bands can't stay lodged in the past they have to move with the times and not repeat their 80s stuff but still not release crap, i still believe they should of followed things down the I Disappear path, oh well i can but hope....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #904 on: January 13, 2006, 07:03:31 PM »

i still believe they should of followed things down the I Disappear path, oh well i can but hope....

Thats what i believed St Anger was going to be like...

Fantastic song - real ballsy rock n roll, a very modern sounding Metallica, maybe they can do it again....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #905 on: January 15, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »

I'm looking forward to the new album as much as any new Metallica release and I'm sure they'll come up with something good just like they always do. ok

Always do?

Maybe to you they haven't.

I find that strange anyway, why would you care so much about a band when you think they haven't released good material for so long???

If I didn't like the music a band was putting out for 15 years, I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath for them to put out something I did like.

But keep it up, the more you slag off Metallica, the more silly I think it is that you even post in these threads at all.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Evolution
« Reply #906 on: January 15, 2006, 07:01:48 PM »

i still believe they should of followed things down the I Disappear path, oh well i can but hope....

Fantastic song - real ballsy rock n roll, a very modern sounding Metallica, maybe they can do it again....

Wasn't the early 2000's album with Newsted going to be called "Mechanix"? I remember going onto metallica.com and seeing a songlist for it which only had "Mechanix, No Leaf Clover, -Human and I Disappear" on it.

For the record, IMO the three songs i heard on that list are better than Load/Reload so it is a shame they got scrapped.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #907 on: January 15, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »

I find that strange anyway, why would you care so much about a band when you think they haven't released good material for so long???

Idiot. Its the exact same reason u come to a board about a band that broke up in 1994...

Boredom/kill time

If I didn't like the music a band was putting out for 15 years, I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath for them to put out something I did like.

I'm not - i don't give a damn about Metallica

But keep it up,

U can bet i will

the more you slag off Metallica, the more silly I think it is that you even post in these threads at all.

No, the silly part is coming to a GNR board and expecting new music - slagging off Metallica is just calling it as i see it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #908 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:37 PM »

Well I'll admit I'm a GN'R fan, I mean hell, this is a GN'R message board!
But I post mainly in the VR section and follow what they're doing, and last I checked, they're an active band that's putting out music.

Anyway, I just find it silly that you continue to post with so much passion about a band you don't like.

There are allot of bands that I don't like, but I don't waste my time posting in threads about them about how they haven't put out good music in so and so many years.

But ya know, if that's your thing, each to their own.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #909 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:30 PM »

Wasn't the early 2000's album with Newsted going to be called "Mechanix"? I remember going onto metallica.com and seeing a songlist for it which only had "Mechanix, No Leaf Clover, -Human and I Disappear" on it.

For the record, IMO the three songs i heard on that list are better than Load/Reload so it is a shame they got scrapped.

Mechanix was the early version of the song The Four Horsemen, and No Leaf Clover and Minus Human were only ever played live, there are no studio recordings of these songs as far as I know.
And I Disappear was recorded specifically for the MI2 soundtrack.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #910 on: January 15, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »

I'd like to hear Metallica rerecord old songs from KEA and RTL, MOP, AJFA for like a best of type thing. But i dont wanna hear it till i hear the new album.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #911 on: January 15, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »

I'd like to hear Metallica rerecord old songs from KEA and RTL, MOP, AJFA for like a best of type thing. But i dont wanna hear it till i hear the new album.

peace

Yeah, that's something I've always wanted to hear too. Can you imagine Puppets or Creeping Death with that big phat production of the Black album? That would sound awesome!

It's kind of like what Anthrax did when they put out Greater Of Two Evils - recording their classic tunes with modern production and it sounded great.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #912 on: January 16, 2006, 01:14:27 AM »

peace

Yeah, that's something I've always wanted to hear too. Can you imagine Puppets or Creeping Death with that big phat production of the Black album? That would sound awesome!

It's kind of like what Anthrax did when they put out Greater Of Two Evils - recording their classic tunes with modern production and it sounded great.

The production would be awesome. But I'd love to hear Het sing them now in a studio environment not live coz I think his voice has improved afuckinlot in the last 15 years. But I dont know if Lars could pull it off. He is still an awesome drummer but he aint as quick as he was.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #913 on: January 24, 2006, 06:26:20 PM »

Metallica will play a private party for the premiere of "The Darwin Awards" at the Sundance Film Festival.

2006 kicks off with a live performance - THIS week! That's right, the band is making their way to Park City, UT for the famed Sundance Film Festival and while they are there, thought it might fun to rock the Hollywood types hanging around on Main Street.

The film "The Darwin Awards" will be premiering at the festival on Wednesday, January 25, 2006. The guys are actually IN the film! If any of you were at the Salt Lake City show on November 22, 2004 you might remember a slew of cameras, and that the band had to play "Sad But True" three times for the film crew. To celebrate the premier of the movie, the band will be playing the private party following the screening.

The show is at Harry O's on Main Street, but unfortunately it is a private event. However, Metallica.com will be there reporting on all the activities and bringing you photos and video.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #914 on: January 25, 2006, 06:34:06 AM »

Mechanix was the early version of the song The Four Horsemen, and No Leaf Clover and Minus Human were only ever played live, there are no studio recordings of these songs as far as I know.
And I Disappear was recorded specifically for the MI2 soundtrack.

the Mechanix version was also written by Dave Mustaine and was released on Megadeth's debut album.
I like Mechanix better than the Four Horsemen.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #915 on: January 25, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »

Metallica will play a private party for the premiere of "The Darwin Awards" at the Sundance Film Festival.

Chris Penn is Dead?!!!! That really sucks crying RIP Chris you were a damn fine actor

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #916 on: January 25, 2006, 06:53:39 PM »

peace

The production would be awesome. But I'd love to hear Het sing them now in a studio environment not live coz I think his voice has improved afuckinlot in the last 15 years. But I dont know if Lars could pull it off. He is still an awesome drummer but he aint as quick as he was.

peace

Lars can pull it off dude, if anything he's a more skilled drummer now than in the 80s.
he was never a highly skilled drummer back then, but he was very creative with the skills he had and made it sound good too. I fucking love some of the beats he did back then!
and Im glad Metallica doesn't have a typical metal drummer, cos that would actually have made them sound less interesting IMO.

and well, he still plays the old songs live!

also, I think Hetfield sounded best around the black album era, he still sounds great but he had a bit more power in his voice back then.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:56:41 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2006, 06:22:15 AM »

METALLICA: Setlist For SUNDANCE Gig Revealed

METALLICA performed at a private party for the film "The Darwin Awards" following the movie's Sundance Film Festival premiere on Wednesday, January 25 at Harry O's on Main Street in Park City, Utah. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Ecstasy Of Gold (intro)
02. Creeping Death
03. For Whom The Bell Tolls
04. Wherever I May Roam
05. Fuel
06. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
07. Sad But True
08. Fade To Black
09. Master Of Puppets
10. One
11. Enter Sandman
12. Last Caress
13. Battery
14. Seek & Destroy

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

good setlist, whats "Last Caress"?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »

good setlist, whats "Last Caress"?
A Misfits song (an extremely good one...) which they covered on Garage Inc.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: