Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486981 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #820 on: November 14, 2005, 11:40:58 PM »

I admit that St Anger isn't Metallica's finest moment,

Good!

but I can honestly say that Frantic, St Anger and Unnamed Feeling are up there with Metallica's best songs.

Hold them in so little regard eh? I agree the guitar work on Master of Puppets is easily matched on St Anger - lololololol

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

I just love the anger and aggression of the St. Anger songs, and if you don't get that, than there's no point trying to explain it to you.

Too right man.
 It kicks the cunt outta Black when it comes to aggression. St Anger is the closest thing to the old shit since And Justice for all.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2005, 02:16:47 AM »

Good!

but I can honestly say that Frantic, St Anger and Unnamed Feeling are up there with Metallica's best songs.

Hold them in so little regard eh? I agree the guitar work on Master of Puppets is easily matched on St Anger - lololololol

I just love the anger and aggression of the St. Anger songs, and if you don't get that, than there's no point trying to explain it to you.

Too right man.
 It kicks the cunt outta Black when it comes to aggression. St Anger is the closest thing to the old shit since And Justice for all.

peace

It may be aggressive, but pro-tools enhanced songs that are looped three times over without a trace of a guitar solo in no way bear any resemblance to the old stuff. I.E., they used to actually write songs instead of putting song fragments into a computer to artificially lengthen them.

And of course, thought-provoking lyrics such as:

"Back in the womb it's much too real, in pumps life that I must feel, but can't look forward to reveal, look to the time when I'll live."

Have given way to:

"Frantic-tic-tic-tic Tock." and "I'm madly in anger with you."

Just like the old stuff indeed...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #822 on: November 15, 2005, 02:24:25 AM »

Good!

Too right man.

peace

It may be aggressive, but pro-tools enhanced songs that are looped three times over without a trace of a guitar solo in no way bear any resemblance to the old stuff. I.E., they used to actually write songs instead of putting song fragments into a computer to artificially lengthen them.

"Back in the womb it's much too real, in pumps life that I must feel, but can't look forward to reveal, look to the time when I'll live."

Have given way to:

You're misquoting me, I didn't say that St. Anger is like their old stuff, I said that there are songs on St. Anger that I hold in as high regard as some of Metallica's best songs.

The line in "Frantic-tic-tic-tic Tock" is supposed to show the anxiety of the lyric content in the song and I think it sounds great. James really gives it his all, the same as he does in the "SET IT FREE" part in St. Anger.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #823 on: November 15, 2005, 03:25:21 AM »

You're misquoting me, I didn't say that St. Anger is like their old stuff, I said that there are songs on St. Anger that I hold in as high regard as some of Metallica's best songs.

The line in "Frantic-tic-tic-tic Tock" is supposed to show the anxiety of the lyric content in the song and I think it sounds great. James really gives it his all, the same as he does in the "SET IT FREE" part in St. Anger.

My bad, I did indeed misread what you said - And the SET IT FREE thing is definitely very cool - Some of the harshest vocals I've ever heard him do. In fact, James' voice is one of the few things do I like about the album - He really sounds pained and passionate on most of the songs.

I'm sorry for the misquote.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #824 on: November 15, 2005, 06:00:41 AM »

Good!

Your a curious breed - you can stick to an opinion knowing full well the vast majority of Metallica fan and the band themselves disagree with u....and yet its the other person who's stubborn! What makes u 'right' when everyone else who has the album disagrees?

U like the album - horrah! - That's not an argument for quality.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jonathan
« Reply #825 on: November 15, 2005, 06:19:09 AM »

No word on the new Metallica album yet, but here's the setlist they just played opening for The Rolling Stones:

Orion
Master Of Puppets
No Leaf Clover
King Nothing
Fade To Black
I Disappear
Turn The Page
Sad But True
One
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

All those tracks from St Anger - hell, they must love that album hihi

Talk about being stupid.. Just because they didn't play any song from St. Anger on the Rolling Stones show they don't like it? That was the most stupid thing I ever heard.. They didn't play anything from Kill 'Em All either so they must HATE that album! And by the way, St. Anger is James favorite album so don't come and say they don't like it..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:09:55 AM by Jonathan » Logged
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #826 on: November 15, 2005, 06:23:25 AM »

Good!

Too right man.

peace

Have given way to:

At the BDO Metallica played "Dirty Window" and included a solo in it, It was cool to hear a SA song with a solo but it didnt really suit the song.
Metallica have 10 albums and I guess if they had stayed the same after 10 records they would be like a second rate Slayer or something.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #827 on: November 15, 2005, 12:06:05 PM »

Good!

Too right man.

peace

Have given way to:

At the BDO Metallica played "Dirty Window" and included a solo in it, It was cool to hear a SA song with a solo but it didnt really suit the song.
Metallica have 10 albums and I guess if they had stayed the same after 10 records they would be like a second rate Slayer or something.

peace

That's my favourite song on that album. I think Metallica have a decent variety of music and that's why I like them.  ok

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #828 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20:16 PM »

Slayer is awesome man!!! WTF

I should really pull out St Anger again and giver a spin. I was really disappointed with it when it first came out.

Metallica with no solo's? WTF

Maybe i should wait though cuz I'm just coming off a Pantera binge so....yeah

Oh I know, i'll start with Kill-em all and work my way to present and i'll witness the awesome transformation first hand hihi

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #829 on: November 15, 2005, 06:25:49 PM »

Good!

Your a curious breed - you can stick to an opinion knowing full well the vast majority of Metallica fan and the band themselves disagree with u....and yet its the other person who's stubborn! What makes u 'right' when everyone else who has the album disagrees?

U like the album - horrah! - That's not an argument for quality.

There may be a few who disagree here, but most of my friends who have St. Anger think it's a good album too, so it's not the vast majority who hate it like you keep saying.

Most of the ones who hate it are people who've been complaining about Metallica since the Black album and want to hear Metallica record Master of Pupppets over and over again. Metallica have been changing and evolving their sound for most of their career so it continues to surprise me that people still expect Metallica to repeat themselves.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, (the same as you keep stating that St Anger is crap because you don't like it), St Anger is a harsh sounding punk metal album, and the reason it sounds like it does is because the band wanted to do something different to the clean, polished sound of the previous 3 albums, and I think they did it with success.

I like the album, and NO, I don't think that it is crap, so everytime you say that it is, I'll keep defending it. ok

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #830 on: November 15, 2005, 06:44:52 PM »

Slayer is awesome man!!! WTF

I should really pull out St Anger again and giver a spin. I was really disappointed with it when it first came out.

Metallica with no solo's? WTF

Maybe i should wait though cuz I'm just coming off a Pantera binge so....yeah

Oh I know, i'll start with Kill-em all and work my way to present and i'll witness the awesome transformation first hand hihi

Man I like Slayer too, but They are very repetitive. IMO

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #831 on: November 15, 2005, 10:29:03 PM »

Metallica vs. Slayer Huh

Slayer

Metallica has fallen from the stars and entered humanity.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #832 on: November 15, 2005, 11:28:01 PM »

the unnamed feeling is a good song. if that was on the black album, with better production and james's voice in its prime it would be up there with unforgiven and fade to black and other metallica slow songs. slayer make better music than tallica these days but id rather listen to metallica than a band that sings about hating god because im a christian and i dont want to hear that stuff
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #833 on: November 15, 2005, 11:31:36 PM »

heres an interesting question do u think metalica listen to megadeths music in their spare time? its the type of music youd think they would enjoy, at least james anyway  yes
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #834 on: November 15, 2005, 11:33:12 PM »

i enjoyed human and no leaf clover if metallica just released more songs like that it would have been a better cd than st anger  yes
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2005, 02:12:49 AM »

That's the kind of stuff I was hoping for, and still find myself hoping for in regards to their new album - Songs like No Leaf Clover, Minus Human, and I Disappear showed a ton of energy and nifty songwriting.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2005, 02:18:10 AM »

Yeah, No Leaf Clover and Minus Human are great songs, they were leftover from the Load songwriting sessions apparently. I still don't really like I Disappear very much, sounds like Nu-Metal to me.

I'm curious what influence Rob has on the new album.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2005, 03:09:00 AM »

That's the kind of stuff I was hoping for, and still find myself hoping for in regards to their new album - Songs like No Leaf Clover, Minus Human, and I Disappear showed a ton of energy and nifty songwriting.

If you wanna hear that tyre of music just put Reload in your stereo

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2005, 05:21:46 AM »

Indeed, it's been there for like 7 years - Fixxxer and Where the Wild Things Are rule!

beer
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #839 on: November 16, 2005, 10:34:25 AM »

According to early reports from METALLICA's second support gig with THE ROLLING STONES at SBC Park in San Francisco, METALLICA performed the following set at tonight's concert:

01. Orion
02. Creeping Death
03. Wherever I May Roam
04. For Whom The Bell Tolls
05. The Unforgiven
06. Fuel
07. Sad But True
08. Nothing Else Matters
09. Master of Puppets
10. One
11. Enter Sandman

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me