Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487041 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #800 on: November 13, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »

Buy St. Anger.. It's their best album since ...And Justice For All

Good one hihi

Why is it so fucking wrong to like the so called "new" Metallica? Yes! St. Anger is their best since AJFA according to me, so if you don't like it.. Keep it to yourself!

You enjoy the new GN'R and I fucking hate them.. But I don't say anything.. So just shut it..

Lololol - no can do,

What wrong with liking the 'new' metallica? Other than the fact is crap? hihi

Here we go again, you keep stating these things like it's fact, when really it's just your opinion.
You think St Anger is crap? Fine, but don't carry on like it's fact. I happen to like St. Anger and think it's a great album.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #801 on: November 14, 2005, 12:28:42 AM »

St Anger is a fuckin hard album. Its the hardest thing they have released since AJFA. I think it is a really awesom cd but that fuckin snare drum should be destroyed.
Any word on the new Metallica Album?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #802 on: November 14, 2005, 12:37:02 AM »

No word on the new Metallica album yet, but here's the setlist they just played opening for The Rolling Stones:

Orion
Master Of Puppets
No Leaf Clover
King Nothing
Fade To Black
I Disappear
Turn The Page
Sad But True
One
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #803 on: November 14, 2005, 01:03:14 AM »

No word on the new Metallica album yet, but here's the setlist they just played opening for The Rolling Stones:

Orion
Master Of Puppets
No Leaf Clover
King Nothing
Fade To Black
I Disappear
Turn The Page
Sad But True
One
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

That set is alot different to when I seen em last year, It was somethin like

Blackened
Fuel
Master of Puppets
so What
Hit The Lights
Sanatarium
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
Whiplash
and some more but  forget.

peace

When does the Metallica episode of the simpsons air?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #804 on: November 14, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »

Orion
Master Of Puppets
No Leaf Clover
King Nothing
Fade To Black
I Disappear
Turn The Page
Sad But True
One
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

All those tracks from St Anger - hell, they must love that album hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #805 on: November 14, 2005, 04:20:53 PM »

Here we go again, you keep stating these things like it's fact, when really it's just your opinion.
You think St Anger is crap? Fine, but don't carry on like it's fact. I happen to like St. Anger and think it's a great album.

Then u have a trouly lousy taste in music

Even the band hate the album, doesn't that say something?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #806 on: November 14, 2005, 04:42:45 PM »

It's true,

The band themselves weren't even playing any of the material off the album - save for the craptacular title song and occassionally Frantic - on their tour supporting the album. I think the realization of how godawful the thing was finally set in, and it was too late - They simply sucked it up and toured, playing two of the most remotely likable songs.

As for the setlist posted above, I think it's cool that they still play "I Disappear" - That song rules. If they'd followed up with an album that had that kind of style, it could've been a winner.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #807 on: November 14, 2005, 06:10:27 PM »

Yeah, when a band is only playing two songs from an album on a tour that is supposed to be in support of that album then you know there's a problem.  Hopefully Metallica have realized the error of their ways.  Maybe they can regroup and put out something decent next time.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #808 on: November 14, 2005, 06:15:48 PM »

Then u have a trouly lousy taste in music

Even the band hate the album, doesn't that say something?

I admit that St Anger isn't Metallica's finest moment, but I can honestly say that Frantic, St Anger and Unnamed Feeling are up there with Metallica's best songs. So, I think it's you who has lousy taste in music.

And when did the band state that they hate the album?

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #809 on: November 14, 2005, 06:17:21 PM »

They didn't need to state it.  Their totally ignoring it during concerts tells you all you need to know.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #810 on: November 14, 2005, 06:24:20 PM »

When I saw them on tour in Australia, they played 4 St Anger songs in their set, that doesn't seem to me like they're ignoring the album.

As for the recent Rolling Stones setlist, I don't think the St. Anger songs would go over so well with that crowd, also they didn't play anything off Kill Em All, so does that mean they hate that album too? confused

People's ignorance here continues to amaze me...

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #811 on: November 14, 2005, 06:33:39 PM »

I admit that St Anger isn't Metallica's finest moment,

Good!

but I can honestly say that Frantic, St Anger and Unnamed Feeling are up there with Metallica's best songs.

Hold them in so little regard eh? I agree the guitar work on Master of Puppets is easily matched on St Anger - lololololol

So, I think it's you who has lousy taste in music.

U flush it out, u flush it out.....nope, ur right, that album is stellar - my lifestyle determines my.....death style, wtf? rofl

And when did the band state that they hate the album?

When they claimed the reason they didn't play them live is because (rough quote from Ulrich) ''the songs were written in such a way that prevents them being played live due to complicated arrangements'' - lol, u see them playing the tracks on the albums dvd rofl
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 06:35:34 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2005, 06:34:05 PM »

For the bulk of the St. Anger tour they only played two songs off the album. ?We'll see how many St. Anger songs they play on their next headlining tour. ?How much you wanna bet its 1 at the most? ?The reason St. Anger songs wouldn't go over well with that crowd is because they're not good. ?They play Puppets. ?That song is heavy as can be, and its fast. ?They play it cause its good. ?They don't play anything off St. Anger because its not.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #813 on: November 14, 2005, 06:36:59 PM »

For the bulk of the St. Anger tour they only played two songs off the album. ?We'll see how many St. Anger songs they play on their next headlining tour. ?How much you wanna bet its 1 at the most? ?The reason St. Anger songs wouldn't go over well with that crowd is because they're not good. ?They play Puppets. ?That song is heavy as can be, and its fast. ?They play it cause its good. ?They don't play anything off St. Anger because its not.

But dude...the solo's rocked hihi

Music is opinion, but when 90% of Metallica fans laugh at St Anger its clear something has gone wrong

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #814 on: November 14, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »

As for the setlist posted above, I think it's cool that they still play "I Disappear" - That song rules. If they'd followed up with an album that had that kind of style, it could've been a winner.

100% agree - kick ass tune, i think one of the reasons i was so gutted by St Anger was because i believed it would be full of I disappear-esque tunes. Its a very mainstream rock track, but has an integrity and heavyness to it that Load lacked
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 06:45:09 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #815 on: November 14, 2005, 07:27:16 PM »

100% agree - kick ass tune, i think one of the reasons i was so gutted by St Anger was because i believed it would be full of I disappear-esque tunes. Its a very mainstream rock track, but has an integrity and heavyness to it that Load lacked

Well there you go, it all comes down to opinion, because in my opinion I Disappear is crap, it sounds like Metallica playing Linkin Park.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #816 on: November 14, 2005, 07:28:37 PM »

But dude...the solo's rocked hihi

Music is opinion, but when 90% of Metallica fans laugh at St Anger its clear something has gone wrong

Once again, people's ignorance here continues to amaze me...

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2005, 07:31:31 PM »

I admit that St Anger isn't Metallica's finest moment,

Good!

but I can honestly say that Frantic, St Anger and Unnamed Feeling are up there with Metallica's best songs.

Hold them in so little regard eh? I agree the guitar work on Master of Puppets is easily matched on St Anger - lololololol

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

I just love the anger and aggression of the St. Anger songs, and if you don't get that, than there's no point trying to explain it to you.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #818 on: November 14, 2005, 08:43:06 PM »

METALLICA's official web site has been updated with the following "review" of the band's performance last night (Nov. 13) as the support act for THE ROLLING STONES at SBC Park in San Francisco, California:

"It seems like a long year ago that METALLICA left the stage in San Jose to enjoy their personal lives and families. Well, the band finally returned after that year long absence to answer a higher calling. What was that higher calling, you ask? Well, when THE ROLLING STONES come knocking on your door I think it's safe to say that a calling like that is enough to interrupt your vacation, or solitude, or whatever you'd like to call it.

"As the breeze blew off of the Bay Sunday night, that familiar sound of 'Ecstasy of Gold' rang through the PA, despite the fact that the lights were on. I must say... personally, it doesn't have the same effect with the lights on but, after half of 'Ecstasy' they finally killed the lights and all was grand. Much debate has raged on the METALLICA Message Boards about what the band would be playing or what they would be opening up with. Well, no one would have guessed what we were about to be greeted with... when an oddly sounding bass started ringing through the stadium followed by a slow drum beat. Of course, only the die-hard's would know... but opening with 'Orion' was a truly awesome sight. They played the first half of the song which has never been played live before, despite what a certain Danish drummer might have said.

"After the climax of 'Orion', they tore straight into 'Master Of Puppets' with furious energy. Interesting note for all of you fans who need to know every detail... James sang every line of 'Puppets'. You see, I think even Papa Het realized that THE ROLLING STONES crowd might not be too up on their METALLICA knowledge... I must say... personally, that was an awesome thing to hear.

"The lights dimmed on the stadium as the string section of 'No Leaf Clover' blared out of the PA. The band tackled this song so very well... you could tell that with each song, they were performing to impress because, let me tell you, the sight of so many people sitting down during a METALLICA performance is a vision that will haunt me from this day forward.

"'King Nothing' and 'Fade To Black' followed, with this particular author blowing his voice out on 'Fade'. After the song, James quickly introduced the band and then began 'I Disappear' which always sounds pretty good in a live setting. The band also made a smart move to try and connect with the... um... older (?!) audience by throwing a cover of BOB SEGER's 'Turn the Page' into the set. James asked the crowd that, if they knew the song, to sing along.

"'Are you happy?' James asked the crowd, which was followed by a booming roar. 'Happy? Happy? Sad?' The crowd went silent and Lars counted in the beginning of what would become a very crushing version of 'Sad But True' which sounded heavier than ever.

"'One' followed with some in the crowd (keep in mind, this IS a STONES show) seemingly to get a bit more interested, especially during the thunderous conclusion. The crowd got even louder when they followed 'One' with 'Nothing Else Matters' and, of course, people seemed to finally wake up from their slumber during 'Enter Sandman'. As someone who has seen the band over 40 times, I must say... 'Sandman' never sounded any better than it did after a year long silence.

"METALLICA walked into SBC Park with much respect and knowledge of the rough task laid in front of them. It must have been weird for a band as big as METALLICA to have to open for another band but, you can't really get any bigger than THE ROLLING STONES. And most importantly, it's just great to see these four guys on stage together once again.

"So, James, Lars, Kirk, and Robert... I hope you heard me screaming at the top of my lungs for you all the way in Section 211. I gave as much as you were giving back to me and, I gotta say, I'll be hurtin in the morning."

METALLICA's setlist:

01. Orion (first half of the song only)
02. Master of Puppets (full version)
03. No Leaf Clover
04. King Nothing
05. Fade to Black
06. I Disappear
07. Turn the Page
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Enter Sandman

METALLICA will open for THE ROLLING STONES again on Tuesday (Nov. 15) at the same venue. These are METALLICA's only live shows of 2005.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #819 on: November 14, 2005, 08:45:37 PM »

Thanks for the update malcolm, cool review.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: