Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:17:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487032 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #780 on: October 31, 2005, 02:00:10 PM »

Dave Lombardo is nowhere near as good as the dude from Slipknot?? Please, go listen to Reign In Blood.? Dave Lombardo does shit many drummers can only dream about.? Joey from Slipknot is very good, but I'll take Lombardo any day.
That may be so but on the night Joey from Slipknot was the man...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #781 on: October 31, 2005, 05:32:14 PM »

METALLICA entered the rehearsal studio on October 27 to begin preparing for their upcoming shows with THE ROLLING STONES. As previously reported, METALLICA will be the special guest for the STONES as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13 and November 15.

That's just sad - Metallica opening for another band, really really sad

Have they no faith in themselves? - or is it because they are so fucking lazy that they can't be bothered to sell out the stadium itself but get someone else to do it for them?
It's never sad when a band gets the great honor of opening up for The Rolling Stones.

Ha! - 100 million album sales of which 95 million came in the last 15 years - they are a far bigger band than the Stones who have taken 40 years to sell double the amount

Opening for anyone after that success shows Metallica are just lazy

I can't believe how ignorant your attitude is, the band is just doing these show for fun, I hardly think they're doing these shows as part of their next big career move... confused

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Megaguns
« Reply #782 on: November 04, 2005, 06:33:54 AM »

he he he, oh metallica............................................. he he he. they used to be cool.............
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #783 on: November 04, 2005, 12:59:36 PM »

Whats wrong with doing a few support dates to one of the biggest bands of all time?

html sucks
Jonathan
« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2005, 06:31:48 AM »

Buy St. Anger.. It's their best album since ...And Justice For All
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #785 on: November 12, 2005, 03:41:02 PM »

Good one hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jonathan
« Reply #786 on: November 12, 2005, 05:08:22 PM »

Good one hihi

Why is it so fucking wrong to like the so called "new" Metallica? Yes! St. Anger is their best since AJFA according to me, so if you don't like it.. Keep it to yourself!

You enjoy the new GN'R and I fucking hate them.. But I don't say anything.. So just shut it..
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:11:57 PM by Jonathan » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #787 on: November 12, 2005, 05:48:21 PM »

Good one hihi

Why is it so fucking wrong to like the so called "new" Metallica? Yes! St. Anger is their best since AJFA according to me, so if you don't like it.. Keep it to yourself!

You enjoy the new GN'R and I fucking hate them.. But I don't say anything.. So just shut it..

Lololol - no can do,

What wrong with liking the 'new' metallica? Other than the fact is crap? hihi

Lol check this thread, find out how many agree with u hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #788 on: November 12, 2005, 06:33:01 PM »

New GNR worse than new-Metallica?

It's far and away better than a band that has plummeted to such embarrassingly bad depths as:

"My life style determines my deathstyle."

"I'm madly in anger with you"

"You flush it out, you flush it out"

And so on and so forth.

Bottom line, New GNR are lyrically and musically so far beyond new-Metallica, it's beyond debate. St. Anger is the benchmark for shitty records.

Sorry, just had to get that out - Metallica used to be my most favorite band in the world before St. Anger, so I have nothing but venom and hatred for that record and the documentary that came with it, which only strengthened my hate for the band. They're a total joke, and as a fan, I felt burned beyond belief.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:34:42 PM by Mr. Sinister » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #789 on: November 13, 2005, 02:10:36 AM »

I agree that new Metallica is pretty bad, but how can you say new GN'R is any better?  At least new Metallica has released some music.  Also...have you heard Silkworms?  That makes St. Anger sound like Ride The Lightning.  Its not like GN'R just released an album of amazing material.  New Metallica may suck, but at least there is new Metallica.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #790 on: November 13, 2005, 06:11:50 AM »

At least new Metallica has released some music.

The whole reason GNR have been in the studio so long is to prevent a 'St Anger-esque' album being released. Id rather GNR never released music than release bad music

Also...have you heard Silkworms?  That makes St. Anger sound like Ride The Lightning.

It has good music.... Cry

Its not like GN'R just released an album of amazing material.  New Metallica may suck, but at least there is new Metallica.

Indeed -  a band that took tips from a Metallica TRIBUTE band to learn THEIR old songs!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #791 on: November 13, 2005, 06:14:32 AM »

Sorry, just had to get that out - Metallica used to be my most favorite band in the world before St. Anger, so I have nothing but venom and hatred for that record and the documentary that came with it, which only strengthened my hate for the band. They're a total joke, and as a fan, I felt burned beyond belief.

Me too - Metallica were my no.2 fav band (after GNR) - I was so devestated by St Anger i have barely listened to them since. That album was a complete slap in the face to the fans.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #792 on: November 13, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »

Just listen to live bootlegs of recent Metallica. Only usually two st anger songs and the rest are mainly songs from the first 5 albums.  ok

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #793 on: November 13, 2005, 09:51:42 AM »

Have you even seen a live bootleg with them? It's a fucking circus!

Now  that is a spot on description on new GNR, enough said.

But i do think the most recent metallica album is crap...though they are still a great live act in my oppinion and now they have a better bassist than jason newstead.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #794 on: November 13, 2005, 01:45:27 PM »

Now? that is a spot on description on new GNR, enough said.

But i do think the most recent metallica album is crap...though they are still a great live act in my oppinion and now they have a better bassist than jason newstead.

"Now? that is a spot on description on new GNR, enough said."

Yes, it was.. But I had to say it because it's true and everyone know that it is.. If people say that any of the old songs are better with the new Guns N' Roses or that they are great are telling a damn lie

I know that I went way off topic but it had to be said, that's it! Period.

Ur so boring - this is a GNR site, if u don't like em fuck off.

U see deep down ur as instrested in the new band as anyone so don't give the rest of us this nonsense.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #795 on: November 13, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »

Good one hihi

You know something it is just fashionable on metal or rock sites to just hate on st anger.. I'll be honest I haven't bought any metallica album since the black one but I have seen them live a few times nad heard shit of load n reload and it was cool, fuel, until it sleeps, and a few others..

So my point is it's just common practice to hate everything sinc ethe black album.. That seems to be the trend.. The only thing peole claim to like outside of the box is the Turn the page cover.. Very cool cover..

Most bands have a time epriod when they were huge and evrything in that time period is loved... You could have had st anger the song somewhere off of kill them all or master of puppets and people would have liked it sinc eit was heavy.. But since it came out post cool popualr metallica it gets the cold shoulder automatically.. Now way in hell has everyone that knocks the album actually heard it, if so they would have sold 15 million of that album hihi
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #796 on: November 13, 2005, 02:09:27 PM »

I agree that new Metallica is pretty bad, but how can you say new GN'R is any better?  At least new Metallica has released some music.  New Metallica may suck, but at least there is new Metallica.

I'd rather have no album at all than a musical kick in the face from my favorite band...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #797 on: November 13, 2005, 03:13:12 PM »

Now  that is a spot on description on new GNR, enough said.

"Now  that is a spot on description on new GNR, enough said."

Yes, it was.. But I had to say it because it's true and everyone know that it is.. If people say that any of the old songs are better with the new Guns N' Roses or that they are great are telling a damn lie

I know that I went way off topic but it had to be said, that's it! Period.

Ur so boring - this is a GNR site, if u don't like em fuck off.

U see deep down ur as instrested in the new band as anyone so don't give the rest of us this nonsense.

i do like guns n roses, the real guns n roses. the ones that actually released songs.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #798 on: November 13, 2005, 06:29:59 PM »

plus you dont have to like new guns n roses to be on here. You have to just like guns n roses...plus theres sections for all other things like VR, and solo.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #799 on: November 13, 2005, 07:39:54 PM »

for myself the new version of the band is not gnr, and I am only interested because axl is part of the original gnr.. Some people need to realise that being a gnr fan on a gnr board doesn't have to be because of what has happened from oh my god to msg 2002. Gnr was something great that will live forever in rock history and on my albums but for myself personally the band ended when everyone was either fired or quit..  That's me though... Didn't want to say shit in a metallica thread..
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: