Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487115 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #760 on: October 29, 2005, 09:45:43 PM »

METALLICA entered the rehearsal studio on October 27 to begin preparing for their upcoming shows with THE ROLLING STONES. As previously reported, METALLICA will be the special guest for the STONES as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13 and November 15.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #761 on: October 29, 2005, 10:49:01 PM »

Hi everyone, just a small comentary. Did you see the Vh1 "When metallica ruled the world" show, they aired it just the other day, and when it comes to the part when lars get burned, in the montreal show, they dont even talk about guns n roses, but... James, says something,  about, other band, I cant remember the exact words its something like "how do you like me now, this other band?"  he doesnt say the name of the band, but I think they are talking about guns n roses, intentionally.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #762 on: October 30, 2005, 04:40:32 AM »

METALLICA entered the rehearsal studio on October 27 to begin preparing for their upcoming shows with THE ROLLING STONES. As previously reported, METALLICA will be the special guest for the STONES as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13 and November 15.

That's just sad - Metallica opening for another band, really really sad

Have they no faith in themselves? - or is it because they are so fucking lazy that they can't be bothered to sell out the stadium itself but get someone else to do it for them?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #763 on: October 30, 2005, 07:02:55 AM »

Have they no faith in themselves? - or is it because they are so fucking lazy that they can't be bothered to sell out the stadium itself but get someone else to do it for them?

Its probably warm ups for lars since hes been ill.

html sucks
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #764 on: October 30, 2005, 09:24:16 AM »

^Lars ill? What happened to him?

Hi everyone, just a small comentary. Did you see the Vh1 "When metallica ruled the world" show, they aired it just the other day, and when it comes to the part when lars get burned, in the montreal show, they dont even talk about guns n roses, but... James, says something, about, other band, I cant remember the exact words its something like "how do you like me now, this other band?" he doesnt say the name of the band, but I think they are talking about guns n roses, intentionally.
It was James who got burned.
Maybe they didn't want to get into details about that gig, and explaining Axl's attitude.
They did explain that in Behind The Music however.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #765 on: October 30, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »

Ya man its prolly just a warm up show..Motley Crue is opening some shows for the Stones to

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #766 on: October 30, 2005, 11:22:06 AM »

^Lars ill? What happened to him?

Hi everyone, just a small comentary. Did you see the Vh1 "When metallica ruled the world" show, they aired it just the other day, and when it comes to the part when lars get burned, in the montreal show, they dont even talk about guns n roses, but... James, says something, about, other band, I cant remember the exact words its something like "how do you like me now, this other band?" he doesnt say the name of the band, but I think they are talking about guns n roses, intentionally.
It was James who got burned.
Maybe they didn't want to get into details about that gig, and explaining Axl's attitude.
They did explain that in Behind The Music however.

I dont know the details myself but i heard/read that at the end of the last tour he became ill and thats why they havent done anything for quite some time.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #767 on: October 30, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »

I dought that..And havent heard anything about that..they havent done anyhting because the touring for ST.Anger was done and they all wanted to spend time with there families and then were to begin work on a new album in feb 06

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #768 on: October 30, 2005, 11:47:17 AM »

Good ol' Lars having a midlife crisis maybe  Tongue
Nah maybe he actually got sick. Those guys should take a long vacation before they make a new album.
They should work on separate projects. Seems like they force situations just to make a new album and tour again.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #769 on: October 30, 2005, 05:39:58 PM »

What's so sad about that?

The Rolling Stones have always had pretty big name bans open for them, and I believe Metallica were offered an opening spot at a couple of shows for the Stones new tour.

Sure it's kind of an odd pairing, but I think it'd be a great show.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #770 on: October 30, 2005, 05:41:48 PM »

Its probably warm ups for lars since hes been ill.

Lars hasn't been ill. The entire band has been taking time off since they finished their St Anger World tour last year.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #771 on: October 30, 2005, 05:44:24 PM »

Alot of people by me seem to think he was ill, guess i shall have to correct them all.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #772 on: October 30, 2005, 07:53:20 PM »

Alot of people by me seem to think he was ill, guess i shall have to correct them all.

Lars did miss one gig during their last tour (when Metallica played at Donnington), and yeah, it was because of illness, but he came back after that and finished the tour, and since then the band has just been on a break until they start work on the new album.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #773 on: October 30, 2005, 08:10:26 PM »

Lars did miss one gig during their last tour (when Metallica played at Donnington), and yeah, it was because of illness, but he came back after that and finished the tour, and since then the band has just been on a break until they start work on the new album.
I was there at that gig if i remember correctly i think they said it was the only Metallica gig he hasn't played at, he fell ill on the way there though and they rotated replacements mainly using the Slipknot drummer who did a damn good job.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #774 on: October 31, 2005, 01:03:41 AM »

They also used Dave Lombardo from Slayer and the drum tech.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #775 on: October 31, 2005, 01:22:30 AM »

It's never sad when a band gets the great honor of opening up for The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #776 on: October 31, 2005, 05:28:28 AM »

They also used Dave Lombardo from Slayer and the drum tech.
Yeah they did but those 2 did not play many cos they soon realised they were nowhere near as good as Joey from Slipknot, he improvised and but his own spin on songs and did a damn good job, the dude is wasted in Slipknot....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #777 on: October 31, 2005, 10:51:31 AM »

It's never sad when a band gets the great honor of opening up for The Rolling Stones.

Ha! - 100 million album sales of which 95 million came in the last 15 years - they are a far bigger band than the Stones who have taken 40 years to sell double the amount

Opening for anyone after that success shows Metallica are just lazy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #778 on: October 31, 2005, 11:20:54 AM »

Ha! - 100 million album sales of which 95 million came in the last 15 years - they are a far bigger band than the Stones who have taken 40 years to sell double the amount

Opening for anyone after that success shows Metallica are just lazy

I think they're just doing it for the fun of it, the money they make won't make a difference.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #779 on: October 31, 2005, 12:18:50 PM »

Dave Lombardo is nowhere near as good as the dude from Slipknot?  Please, go listen to Reign In Blood.  Dave Lombardo does shit many drummers can only dream about.  Joey from Slipknot is very good, but I'll take Lombardo any day.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: