Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487183 times)
MikeB
« Reply #700 on: July 04, 2005, 06:01:31 PM »

Let's just see how much hair you'll have on the top of your head when you're 50.
I can't go bald, my mom's dad never lost his hair and he died when he was 74. So too bad I have a right to laugh at bald people. hihi
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #701 on: July 09, 2005, 09:48:18 AM »

Dont laught at bald people man, because baldness doesnt only come from heritance,  it might come also from stress, way of life, and many other things that you might get...  Wink

@;--,;---,---------
MikeB
« Reply #702 on: July 12, 2005, 02:14:39 AM »

I was just joking around dude.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #703 on: July 18, 2005, 09:29:40 PM »

sorry man, Wink i thought you were being  a jerk with bald people,  but you were just playing,  have a nice day Mike D from Beasty Boys!

@;---,-----.-------,-------
dustNroses
« Reply #704 on: July 19, 2005, 07:44:34 AM »

Its only these hardcore nutjob metallica fans who like their new album, id like to think that these people are suffering from amnesia, This is afterall a band that once fukin rocked, now...., well... only time will tell, In the early nineties Megadeth and Gnr  were their biggest rivals on the market and now Megadeth bring out a cool album and metallica dont, GnR have yet to satisfy but i can predict a return to metallicas roots on their next album,Just to shit mustaine off even more!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #705 on: July 19, 2005, 08:34:28 AM »

but i can predict a return to metallicas roots on their next album

I hope for Metallica's sake that they prove you wrong and DON'T go back to their roots and continue to change and evolve like they always have Grin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 08:37:55 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #706 on: July 20, 2005, 02:20:38 AM »

I hope for Metallica's sake that they prove you wrong and DON'T go back to their roots and continue to change and evolve like they always have Grin

Yeah, maybe they can evolve into something even suckier than they are now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #707 on: July 20, 2005, 03:15:17 AM »

Yeah, maybe they can evolve into something even suckier than they are now.

Here we go again...

Metallica suck.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

It's pretty boring isn't it?

Why is it someone's opinion of a band is always stated as if it were truth?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #708 on: July 20, 2005, 05:45:59 AM »

Lol - this thread is more tedious than the GNR ones.

Maybe St Anger can just be forgotten about, please? Let's just pretend it never happened, lets also pretend Metallica haven't released anything since 1991.

The maybe the conversation can be more intresting than lame views on equally lame albums.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #709 on: July 20, 2005, 07:25:41 AM »

Maybe St Anger can just be forgotten about, please? Let's just pretend it never happened, lets also pretend Metallica haven't released anything since 1991.

The maybe the conversation can be more intresting than lame views on equally lame albums.

St.Anger wasnt all that bad..I mean ya it wasnt great and let alot of people down but its got some great live tunes on there..Frantic,St.Anger and Some Kind Of Monster are great live

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #710 on: July 20, 2005, 07:47:56 AM »

Well that's just the thing, I happen to think that Metallica released some great music on the Load albums, Garage Inc, S&M and St. Anger. It's post like yours and others like it that bring the conversation to the usual boring - Metallica suck except for the old stuff. Because that to me is REALLY BORING convo.
And I'm sick of hearing "if you like anything on St. Anger, you must not like early Metallica" when the truth is I love ALL of it.

Besides, if you hate anything after 1991 Metallica, why are you even posting replies to this thread?
It feels a bit like a VR vs nuGN'R thread, which is another pointless discussion.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #711 on: July 20, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »

I like Load and Garage Inc. and S&M is one of the best things I have ever seen and heard, their performance on it is outstanding.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #712 on: July 20, 2005, 12:40:44 PM »

St.Anger wasnt all that bad..I mean ya it wasnt great and let alot of people down but its got some great live tunes on there..Frantic,St.Anger and Some Kind Of Monster are great live

I'd imagine so - with the production sorted out, they must sound better

Well that's just the thing, I happen to think that Metallica released some great music on the Load albums, Garage Inc, S&M and St. Anger. It's post like yours and others like it that bring the conversation to the usual boring - Metallica suck except for the old stuff. Because that to me is REALLY BORING convo.
And I'm sick of hearing "if you like anything on St. Anger, you must not like early Metallica" when the truth is I love ALL of it.

Besides, if you hate anything after 1991 Metallica, why are you even posting replies to this thread?
It feels a bit like a VR vs nuGN'R thread, which is another pointless discussion.

Yawn Roll Eyes

''No St Anger is good yak yak yak''

I was trying to shift the focus from what we already have 35 pages of.....

I think everyone has made their views clear on Metallica's discography....next topic please
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:43:03 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #713 on: July 20, 2005, 07:31:35 PM »

I think everyone has made their views clear on Metallica's discography....next topic please

And you seem to have made it clear that you don't like 50% of it, so what's there to discuss then?

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #714 on: July 21, 2005, 07:57:01 AM »

And you seem to have made it clear that you don't like 50% of it, so what's there to discuss then?

If i knew that i'd have included that - i don't think there is anything more to say....

Though somewhat naively i return in the hope someone has thought of something....

okay how about - best Metallica solo/riff?

I'm gonna be cliche and say 'Enter Sandman' for riff as it was the riff that made me give a damn about Metallica to begin with

Solo wise...hmmm, off the top of my head I will go with the Mustaine written solo in Four Horsemen, though I'm sure I'll be reminded of an even better one before too long

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #715 on: July 21, 2005, 08:05:06 AM »

I quite like the solo in The Struggle Within at the moment. Definitely one of Kirk's better moments.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #716 on: July 21, 2005, 08:09:06 AM »

As for best riff, I love the Ride The Lightning riff.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #717 on: July 21, 2005, 09:43:23 AM »

As for best riff, I love the Ride The Lightning riff.

Another Dave Mustaine song  hihi

Seriously though my favorite Metallica tune is "Fade to Black", awesome intro and solo's, from the Ride the Lightning album (they even named an album after Dave's song Grin cant help it sorry peace ).

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #718 on: July 21, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »

i think they are better live now  with robert then they ever were. Please note im only commenting on things after cliff, i have yet to get any live footage with him.

html sucks
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2005, 02:52:30 PM »

why wasn't kirt allowed to have guitar solos on the last album?

enough said, mettalica is a fucking joke....  ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: