Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487258 times)
MikeB
« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:45 PM »

No, I'm not saying I hate Metallica at all,I love Metallica,but the real Metallica. Kirk Hammett is the man without a doubt. What I meant was, Why should a great band go through a complete 180 degree turn? They have become everything they rebeled against . They were MTV haters straight-up,but now they're a bunch of mtv-whores and blah,blah,blah. You people are right I am wasting my fucking time .
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #681 on: June 29, 2005, 07:37:31 PM »

Not that this is really relevant to this thread right now, but did anyone notice how old James looked in those pictures of him at Yankee Stadium?  He's got grey hair and he's kinda got a bit of a gut too.  Not that I'm old or anything, but it makes me feel a bit old when I think that's that's the same pimple faced kid who's picture appears in the Kill Em All booklet.  Look at that picture and look at him now.  One of the most badass dudes in music has become a middle aged man with emotional problems.  How much does that suck?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #682 on: June 30, 2005, 11:28:33 AM »

Well I'm 30 and everyone I listened to in the 80' and 90's were mid to late 20's then so... shit happens. But yeah it kinda sucks that the bad-asses from our younger days are getting old and pathetic.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #683 on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:02 AM »

No one can escape aging. Just look at Lars Hair. From big long thing you see flying around by drums to shiny peach coloured thing.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #684 on: July 01, 2005, 12:17:32 AM »

Well I'm 30 and everyone I listened to in the 80' and 90's were mid to late 20's then so... shit happens. But yeah it kinda sucks that the bad-asses from our younger days are getting old and pathetic.

What a stupid thing to say. Man some people on this board are bizarre.

You think just because they play music they are immune to aging???

News flash: People age as they get older... Roll Eyes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #685 on: July 01, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

Slash doesn't...he looks younger now then he did back in the early 90's.  Of course he is immortal.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #686 on: July 01, 2005, 02:31:35 AM »

Slash doesn't...he looks younger now then he did back in the early 90's.? Of course he is immortal.

When Slash has facial hair it's mostly grey, and he's been dying the hair on his head black for years.

Still, I suppose the amount of sh*t he's put through him, it's amazing he's even still alive today... Grin

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #687 on: July 01, 2005, 06:47:08 AM »

Slash doesn't...he looks younger now then he did back in the early 90's.? Of course he is immortal.

When Slash has facial hair it's mostly grey, and he's been dying the hair on his head black for years.

Still, I suppose the amount of sh*t he's put through him, it's amazing he's even still alive today... Grin

Maybe that much dope and booze keeps u young? hihi

As for how James looks - he is mid to mate 40's - look at other people of that age - thats what happens, and will happen to us

Personally its his lyric writing and guitar playing that concern me

Quick! To the bandwagon!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #688 on: July 01, 2005, 07:30:35 AM »

metallica is too cheesy and non-melodic for my taste, to me they never compared to gn'r at all.
i can understand them being big in the 80's/early 90's, but now? no. and not only because the music scene has changed, but because metallica themselves have become a joke. their fans are mostly living in denial of being disappointed. or choosing to move on to other bands. at least that's the impression i get nowadays.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 07:33:44 AM by August 15th » Logged

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #689 on: July 01, 2005, 08:44:12 AM »

Othere than GNR, what do you like august 15. Since you dont like VR, Metallica. And Metallica have all sorts of material and styles to choose from, are you telling me you like non of it. Pretty bland choice in music if you cant like at least one of there songs from everything they have done.

html sucks
dustNroses
« Reply #690 on: July 02, 2005, 08:34:57 AM »

Id just like to say that that solo in Struggle Within tore my fuckin head off the first time i heard it. Im still not convinced that the black album is TRUE metallica but then again....
MikeB
« Reply #691 on: July 02, 2005, 09:06:34 PM »

Yeah Metallica does look freaking old.Dave Mustaine is older than the whole band  but he still looks the same . Did you see Kirk Hammet losing his hair on top on the some kind of monster movie, he must have had  hair plugs put in. James and Lars look like they're going bald too , 10 years from now if they're back in the metal scene, they'll be banging they're heads with long hair  on the sides but only like 2 hairs on top. hihi
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #692 on: July 03, 2005, 01:48:27 AM »

Yeah Metallica does look freaking old.Dave Mustaine is older than the whole band? but he still looks the same . Did you see Kirk Hammet losing his hair on top on the some kind of monster movie, he must have had? hair plugs put in. James and Lars look like they're going bald too , 10 years from now if they're back in the metal scene, they'll be banging they're heads with long hair? on the sides but only like 2 hairs on top. hihi

Let's just see how much hair you'll have on the top of your head when you're 50.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #693 on: July 03, 2005, 09:10:49 PM »

Id just like to say that that solo in Struggle Within tore my fuckin head off the first time i heard it. Im still not convinced that the black album is TRUE metallica but then again....

It isn't. The "true" Metallica is ...And Justice For All era Metallica, when they were pissed off at the world, addicted to alcohol and drugs, their sound was raw, and Hetfield actually didn't use too much production on his voice! It is also, of course, their least popular era, go figure.  Undecided

Kill 'em All is a good album too, for what it is. Anything else is mediocre compared to what other bands have done in the field. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are decent, but bands like Overkill and Kreator have easily topped them.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #694 on: July 03, 2005, 10:01:55 PM »

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are decent

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are their best albums.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #695 on: July 04, 2005, 12:17:42 AM »

They don't have the youthful charm of Kill 'em All or the atmosphere of ...And Justice For All.

The two popular early albums have their share of filler tracks, as well, and that's BAD for such short albums! For RtL, Trapped Under Ice, Escape, and For Whom The Bell Tolls are mediocre. For MoP, The Thing That Should Not Be, Leper Messiah, and Damage Inc aren't that great, either. If you took all the good songs from both albums, you would have one album at KEA or AJFA quality.

Shortest Straw and Eye of the Beholder are the only really bad songs on AJFA, so 7/9 is very good. All of KEA sounds similar, but it's all good. There you have all the good Metallica has done. 2 good albums, and 2 decent ones, and lots and lots of later worthlessness. They were a cool band for a while, but nothing extraordinary.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #696 on: July 04, 2005, 12:36:10 AM »

They don't have the youthful charm of Kill 'em All or the atmosphere of ...And Justice For All.

The two popular early albums have their share of filler tracks, as well, and that's BAD for such short albums! For RtL, Trapped Under Ice, Escape, and For Whom The Bell Tolls are mediocre. For MoP, The Thing That Should Not Be, Leper Messiah, and Damage Inc aren't that great, either. If you took all the good songs from both albums, you would have one album at KEA or AJFA quality.

Shortest Straw and Eye of the Beholder are the only really bad songs on AJFA, so 7/9 is very good. All of KEA sounds similar, but it's all good. There you have all the good Metallica has done. 2 good albums, and 2 decent ones, and lots and lots of later worthlessness. They were a cool band for a while, but nothing extraordinary.

Again, it's a matter of personal taste, but I love those songs you mentioned apart from maybe Escape. Damage Inc is one of Metallica's best!

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #697 on: July 04, 2005, 10:29:51 AM »

Again, it's a matter of personal taste, but I love those songs you mentioned apart from maybe Escape. Damage Inc is one of Metallica's best!

Exactly, the only song I don't like on the first 4 albums is Escape.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #698 on: July 04, 2005, 11:15:02 AM »

I know that, but i was just saying, that ... oh nevermind, it was pretty dumb to say now that I read it again, it's just, well, I never thought of how old they were when I was a kid. ya know what I mean? when you are a kid all adults are stupid, but the people you idolize most are your parents age or slightly younger. It's just kinda fucked up. thats all

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2005, 01:28:19 PM »

Totally, but i do love kill em all

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: