Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487666 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2005, 03:46:36 AM »

This thread and this section are not about GNR - u've managed to write rubbish in just about every thread u've come across, keep it to Metallica and if u have nothing to say - then don't say anything

HEY IZZY,
guess what babe....? civil attitude was talking bout guns n roses
SOOOO i replyed to HIS post.
and i will say wateva the hell i want to.. cos i was also talking about metallica in that post. and if your not a GNR fan and dont wanna talk about them then wat the fuk are you doing on this web site!!!! rant

I have no interest in GNR at the mo  so thats why i'm in this section of the board, this section is Axl free

why don't u come back when u hit 11?

This thread has nothing to do with Megadeth either, but that didn't stop people from writing about them in this Metallica thread.

Well if u care to check back u'll find it began with a comparison of styles, and the way there music had evolved alongside each other, after all Megadeth went mainstream after Metallica had shown them the way, the debate centred on how Mustaine had been able to take a more 'thrash' appraoch combine it with hooks and melody and continue to make good music whn Metallica, having attempted the same thing have failed so miserably. And there u have it Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2005, 04:24:19 AM »

This thread and this section are not about GNR - u've managed to write rubbish in just about every thread u've come across, keep it to Metallica and if u have nothing to say - then don't say anything

HEY IZZY,
guess what babe....? civil attitude was talking bout guns n roses
SOOOO i replyed to HIS post.
and i will say wateva the hell i want to.. cos i was also talking about metallica in that post. and if your not a GNR fan and dont wanna talk about them then wat the fuk are you doing on this web site!!!! rant

I have no interest in GNR at the mo? so thats why i'm in this section of the board, this section is Axl free

why don't u come back when u hit 11?

This thread has nothing to do with Megadeth either, but that didn't stop people from writing about them in this Metallica thread.

Well if u care to check back u'll find it began with a comparison of styles, and the way there music had evolved alongside each other, after all Megadeth went mainstream after Metallica had shown them the way, the debate centred on how Mustaine had been able to take a more 'thrash' appraoch combine it with hooks and melody and continue to make good music whn Metallica, having attempted the same thing have failed so miserably. And there u have it Smiley

FUCK YOU. SCINCE WHEN DID YOU GET OUT OF NAPPIES DIPSHIT

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #642 on: June 22, 2005, 05:41:46 AM »

This is still a Metallica thread. Comparisons are fine, but if you look at the last couple of pages, it's almost pure Megadeth discussion, and there's already a thread dedicated to Megadeth.

Anyway, I could care less about what people discuss here, but before you start having ago at Gunna_girl01 about keeping on topic, maybe you should take a look at others going off topic too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #643 on: June 22, 2005, 09:50:05 AM »

This is still a Metallica thread. Comparisons are fine, but if you look at the last couple of pages, it's almost pure Megadeth discussion, and there's already a thread dedicated to Megadeth.

Anyway, I could care less about what people discuss here, but before you start having ago at Gunna_girl01 about keeping on topic, maybe you should take a look at others going off topic too.

Also the thread had turned from talking about St Anger and SKOM to where metallica made a turn for the worst. then as an obvious parallel megadeth got named. then the discussion was kinda about Megadeth's and Metallica's musical progression over the years and how much the MIGHTY MET had changed and How Megadeth stuck to what Metallica started out to acheive with Mustaine on Lead Guitar.

then all of a sudden we have a comparison of how metallica's music is different from GnR but Gunna_girl01 likes both. That's cool that she likes both but it really came out of nowhere and had nothing at all to do with what was being talked about.

I'm sorry I posted about Megadeth on here, once I realized that there was a Megadeth thread I started posting on it instead and if you are replying to a post then you should quote it so people don't get confused about what the fuck you are trying to say. ok

peace peace people!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #644 on: June 22, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »

that was a bit of a crazy argument lol. Though izzy does tend to be very argumentive these days.

Anyways, lets start a new on topic discussion.

The song "i dissappear", obviously done for mi2 soundtrack. Did metallica come back with that, or stop after it? Cause i remember when st anger came out, radios said it was a comeback album.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #645 on: June 22, 2005, 12:40:17 PM »

that was a bit of a crazy argument lol. Though izzy does tend to be very argumentive these days.

The song "i dissappear", obviously done for mi2 soundtrack. Did metallica come back with that, or stop after it? Cause i remember when st anger came out, radios said it was a comeback album.

Well MI2 came out in '96 so they were still in the Load - Reload era, then no studio material until 2003. so St. Anger was supposed to be the "comeback"

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #646 on: June 22, 2005, 12:47:47 PM »

Well MI2 came out in '96 so they were still in the Load - Reload era, then no studio material until 2003. so St. Anger was supposed to be the "comeback"

MI2 came out in 2001 .

They start work on St.Anger in the summer of 2001,but work was halted when James went to rehab.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #647 on: June 22, 2005, 12:53:04 PM »

Wow i didnt know james was still on drugs back then.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #648 on: June 22, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

Careful....

These days? I've been the same or worse for 21 years - its just the quality of this board has plummeted and i'm roused to respond more often. If people write sensible stuff u'll find my agreeing with them line for line

FUCK YOU. SCINCE WHEN DID YOU GET OUT OF NAPPIES DIPSHIT

My mistake - i thought u were an idiot writing rubbish in every thread u appeared on - oh wait, no i was was right

Back on Metallica - I disappear was a fantastic song, such a great riff - simple, to the point, brutal, and a slightly daft video, but fun no less

I was really expecting St Anger to be like that - and at the very least to include the song

An album in that style would have put Metallica back to the top of the pile - possibly my fav Metallica song

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #649 on: June 22, 2005, 01:06:13 PM »

I think it was alchohol not drugs, but feel free to correct

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #650 on: June 22, 2005, 01:08:32 PM »

I think it was alchohol not drugs, but feel free to correct

I'm pretty sure your right Izzy ok

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #651 on: June 22, 2005, 08:28:38 PM »

I quite like I Disappear, but to me it sounds very nu-metalish, and I prefer the style of St. Anger.

I remember reading an interview with Kirk at the time when I Disappear was released that that would be the direction of the new Metallica album, so maybe before James went to rehab, they might've been working on stuff like that...?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #652 on: June 22, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »

IZZY? ? ? IVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT Angry

we are ALL supposed to be fucken ROCK N' ROLL fans here for fucks sake!!!

Quite with the smart arse replys and bullshit, how dare you attack gunner girl01 like that n' tell her to grow up.

YOU R' THE BIGGEST STIFF ON THE FUCKEN PLANET

me....i go for the lamens terms n' keep it simple like most cool fukkers 'round here, not tellin' people to come back when shes 11 just 'cause she's haven a fun time!!!? ? ? ?

GUNNERGIRL01 is one of the biggest METALLICA freaks here,? you dont own this fucking board n' neither to i, but i dont tell people off when i cant hack it in a GNR site!!!!

now very carefully read through my message n' pick out what you wanna argue with little boy!!!

metallica rules
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:32:08 PM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #653 on: June 22, 2005, 10:12:07 PM »

Quite with the smart arse replys and bullshit, how dare you attack gunner girl01 like that n' tell her to grow up.

me....i go for the lamens terms n' keep it simple like most cool fukkers 'round here, not tellin' people to come back when shes 11 just 'cause she's haven a fun time!!!? ? ? ?

GUNNERGIRL01 is one of the biggest METALLICA freaks here,? you dont own this fucking board n' neither to i, but i dont tell people off when i cant hack it in a GNR site!!!!

now very carefully read through my message n' pick out what you wanna argue with little boy!!!

metallica rules

you tell him hunny  Kiss hehe

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #654 on: June 23, 2005, 07:43:53 AM »

MI2 came out in 2001 .

They start work on St.Anger in the summer of 2001,but work was halted when James went to rehab.

oops MI came out in '96. my bad, sorry

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #655 on: June 23, 2005, 11:14:03 AM »

metallica rules

I'm sorry, i don't speak idiot, u'll have to write that in English for me - if u can't i can provide u with a site that translates from ur native language to english, and if thats to much you can pm me and i'll translate for u - at no cost

I think what u mean to say is this

Hello, I write nonsense on the board and like to attack those who get annoyed with that, but please forgive me as I'm quite mad and haven't yet managed to contribute anything to a Metallica thread

Was that about it?

Any time you'd like to talk about Metallica, you'll come back right?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2005, 11:16:02 AM »

MI2 came out in 2001 .

Yeah but MI2 (which featured I disappear) came out in 2000

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120755/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 11:19:14 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2005, 11:25:12 AM »

damn, well I fucked up on the year to.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #658 on: June 23, 2005, 11:38:24 AM »

Yeah but MI2 (which featured I disappear) came out in 2000

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120755/

YEah, woops, ya know I haven't seen the movie or heard the song yet. Guess I'm behind the times. Wasn't James in rehab in 2000?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #659 on: June 23, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »

I don't recall hearing about James being in rehab in 2000.

But maybe he was

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: