Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487723 times)
dustNroses
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2005, 06:37:30 AM »

Lars!!!! YOUR FUCKING JOKING!!!! No skill there. For instance listen to any megadeth album compared to any metallica album. listen to the drums only.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2005, 06:46:36 AM »

Lars!!!! YOUR FUCKING JOKING!!!! No skill there. For instance listen to any megadeth album compared to any metallica album. listen to the drums only.

Once again the thread turns to Metallica vs Megadeth... (yawn)

Lars ain't the best drummer out there, but he is certainly a good solid player.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dustNroses
« Reply #622 on: June 19, 2005, 06:58:35 AM »

Ill pay that. He is good but there IS much much better.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #623 on: June 19, 2005, 07:48:34 AM »

He is a class drummer, not the best ever but still i think people's personal opinions about him cloud they're judgments, i mean fine he's a prick but he's a talented prick.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #624 on: June 19, 2005, 08:34:31 PM »

He is a class drummer, not the best ever but still i think people's personal opinions about him cloud they're judgments, i mean fine he's a prick but he's a talented prick.

Again, people make assumptions about the guy when they don't really know him.

I met Lars along with the rest of the band when they toured Australia last year and Lars was really friendly and seemed like a real genuine guy. Probably the most fan-friendly of all the band members.

He gave plenty of time to speak with all the fans and showed no sign of being a "prick" like you said.

MikeB
« Reply #625 on: June 19, 2005, 09:03:31 PM »

It's funny how overrated Metallica is , I barely hear credit given to Lars for his drumming when he's so popular for being in the band.And by the way...
I find the Black album boring sounding, it just makes me yawn and its overrated . Justice for all rocked but the basslines were horrible, just didn't sound heavy to me . I think Metallica didn't care  who they picked as a bassist back then . Master of Puppets was when they were really "Metallica". I think Metallica should break up or James has to grow some balls and stop kissing Lars's ass and be a more metallic frontman than the last comeback. Although I think in a way that some kind of monster movie proved they are a bunch of losers  ( No disrespect to the man Kirk Hammett)
I don't hate Metallica, I love the band to death, they just have been making bad choices for a while, in my book. Angry
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #626 on: June 19, 2005, 11:43:13 PM »

Lars is one of the best out there, he doesnt have to show off.!!

Lars is a fan of the kick, snare, kick, snare, but when its necissary, he's fucken goes off!! peace

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
psycotron
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2005, 07:04:21 AM »

what megadeth drummer are u referring to? they have had heaps of fuckin drummers.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2005, 04:26:41 PM »

Does anyone else think wherever i may roam is a powerfull song, even if it is from the black album which i quite enjoy.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2005, 04:30:29 PM »

Does anyone else think wherever i may roam is a powerfull song, even if it is from the black album which i quite enjoy.

I think it's the best song on that album. I really don't mind the Black album, but, that was the first Metallica album I ever heard. So I'm considered a Metal newbie. Grin

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »

Definitelt my favorite song on the album. ?From what I hear it was stolen from Misfits bassist Jerry Only's solo band. ?At least part of it was. ?That's why on the Misfits' song Helena the fast part sounds exactly like the fast part in Sanitarium. ?I don't know how accurate that rumor is, but the two parts of those songs sound EXACTLY alike. ?And that's the only explanation I've heard so that's what I'm going with.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2005, 05:20:09 PM »

That song first hit me when i saw the video. Just the opening with lars drumming. I loved that scene of him drumming at the start. dont know why just looks cool.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2005, 09:12:27 PM »

Yeah, great song and I love the Black album, regardless of whether it was considered to be when Metallica sold out. All the songs on there are well constructed and have great groove to them, with Roam being one of the best. It has some killer soloing from Kirk too.

Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #633 on: June 21, 2005, 02:36:48 AM »

I dont know what the fuck is going through your heads...... come on.there are songs that are shit compared to MOST of Metallicas catalogue.....

First of all GUNS AND ROSES ROCK.
secondly  METALLICA ROCKS
Thirdly..... Alot of the music is different...
i LOVE  love Both bands. Metallica and Guns N Roses are my fav Bands... but i could not pick one over the other!!!!
thier style is different to one another....
look at these two songs.....
 1)  Dust N Roses
 2)  Dont tread on me

two completly different sounding songs.... i find that allot of the time GNR can be more up lifting for my spirit... But Metallica is good for when i am angry and fusterated.

As i said, i LOVE and ADORE These two bands and could not pick one over the other....
They are LIVING LEGENDS, they play my type of music

ROCK ON MUVA FUKRS   ok ok beer ok ok

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
dustNroses
« Reply #634 on: June 21, 2005, 05:12:08 AM »

nick menza
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #635 on: June 21, 2005, 07:11:16 AM »

I dont know what the fuck is going through your heads...... come on.there are songs that are shit compared to MOST of Metallicas catalogue.....

secondly? METALLICA ROCKS
i LOVE? love Both bands. Metallica and Guns N Roses are my fav Bands... but i could not pick one over the other!!!!
 1)? Dust N Roses
 2)? Dont tread on me

two completly different sounding songs.... i find that allot of the time GNR can be more up lifting for my spirit... But Metallica is good for when i am angry and fusterated.

As i said, i LOVE and ADORE These two bands and could not pick one over the other....

ROCK ON MUVA FUKRS? ?ok ok beer ok ok

This thread and this section are not about GNR - u've managed to write rubbish in just about every thread u've come across, keep it to Metallica and if u have nothing to say - then don't say anything

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #636 on: June 21, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »

Is there any news whatsoever on the new album, other than that they are planning to make "it"?

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2005, 07:42:56 PM »

secondly? METALLICA ROCKS
i LOVE? love Both bands. Metallica and Guns N Roses are my fav Bands... but i could not pick one over the other!!!!
 1)? Dust N Roses
 2)? Dont tread on me

ROCK ON MUVA FUKRS? ?ok ok beer ok ok

This thread and this section are not about GNR - u've managed to write rubbish in just about every thread u've come across, keep it to Metallica and if u have nothing to say - then don't say anything

This thread has nothing to do with Megadeth either, but that didn't stop people from writing about them in this Metallica thread.

Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #638 on: June 22, 2005, 12:07:48 AM »

HEY IZZY,
guess what babe....  civil attitude was talking bout guns n roses
SOOOO i replyed to HIS post.
and i will say wateva the hell i want to.. cos i was also talking about metallica in that post. and if your not a GNR fan and dont wanna talk about them then wat the fuk are you doing on this web site!!!! rant

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #639 on: June 22, 2005, 02:06:53 AM »

Can't we all just get along?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: