Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487752 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2005, 03:44:40 AM »

I also read that Jason's bass frequencies were almost exactly like the riffs of the guitars and that's why they were lost in the mix.

It was just badly produced

As for St. Anger, my opinion still stands that it's a great record, definetely not on par with Puppets, but a great record still.

rofl

Even the band disagree

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2005, 06:26:24 AM »

I also read that Jason's bass frequencies were almost exactly like the riffs of the guitars and that's why they were lost in the mix.

As for St. Anger, my opinion still stands that it's a great record, definetely not on par with Puppets, but a great record still.

rofl

Even the band disagree

How can you not love the punk-metal riffs and double-bass madness on St. Anger???

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2005, 07:19:25 AM »

rofl

Even the band disagree

How can you not love the punk-metal riffs and double-bass madness on St. Anger???
punk-metal riffs...did you get a special edition copy that was actually good?  The reason to hate the album is because it comes across as A) Dull B) Has some of the worst lyrics ever & C) Uses about 1% if that of Kirk's Talent and it's even more annoying when in the past they have proved they are capable of great stuff.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2005, 12:23:39 PM »

rofl

Even the band disagree

punk-metal riffs...did you get a special edition copy that was actually good?? The reason to hate the album is because it comes across as A) Dull B) Has some of the worst lyrics ever & C) Uses about 1% if that of Kirk's Talent and it's even more annoying when in the past they have proved they are capable of great stuff.

Indeed!

Its the sound of the drums - oh, its like a dagger to my heart! - dustbins lids should be banned from the studio!

The album lacks any redemable quality

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2005, 01:38:12 PM »

they could redeem thmeselves by destroying the album and producing something that are up to the standards of master of puppets.

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2005, 11:55:14 PM »

I'd add to the St. Anger bashing, but Stoned got it 100% correct.  Any word on them working on new material?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #606 on: June 17, 2005, 12:39:43 AM »

I'd add to the St. Anger bashing, but Stoned got it 100% correct.?

Again, it's all down to personal taste and a matter of opinion, but if I disagree, how can it be 100% correct?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #607 on: June 17, 2005, 04:56:04 AM »

I'd add to the St. Anger bashing, but Stoned got it 100% correct.?

Again, it's all down to personal taste and a matter of opinion, but if I disagree, how can it be 100% correct?
I'd like to think i am but it is personal taste and if you like the album good for you, if you can gain pleasure listening to it great, as for these continunual St. Anger arguments i'm giving up on them since they are going nowhere some like it most hate it on this board but this arguments been done to death now it's getting boring we're going round in circles nobody is right or wrong.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #608 on: June 17, 2005, 05:29:09 PM »

Ok, dull may be a judgement call, but the lyrics are very dumb.  And Kirk isn't using much of his talent.  There are no solos.  The songs are dull and boring in my opnion, but certain things definitely can't be disputed.  The band isn't using nearly as much talent or creative ability as they did when recording the first 4 albums.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2005, 06:09:37 PM »

I never listened to the Unforgiven, so i decided to and its a brilliant song. The lyrics are amazing.

Unforgiven 2 is a bit lame.

html sucks
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2005, 07:23:48 PM »

Unforgiven 2 is a bit lame.

Indeed .

St.anger would have been a Hell of alot better if these three thing would have happened.

1. Bob Rock didn't produce it.

2  If there was some fucking guitar solos

3. the drums didn't sound like someone bangign on trash cans.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #611 on: June 17, 2005, 08:45:39 PM »

It's something how Bob Rock helped create the Black Album, and even though it signaled the end of epics like Master of Puppets, the sound was their best.  Since then, it seems like things have only gone down hill.  Well, if Metallica creates another album maybe they will return to their roots.  Hopefully...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #612 on: June 18, 2005, 03:32:24 AM »

Having Bob Rock produce isn't always bad and it isn't always good.  What he does is take great bands and makes them sound more commercial.  Sometimes it works, like in the case of Motley Crue with Dr. Feelgood.  But sometimes it doesn't, like with Metallica.  It all depends on what is mainstream at the time and if that is the correct direction for that specific band.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #613 on: June 18, 2005, 04:06:50 AM »

Bob Rock has produced Metallica's best sounding album (in my opinion) - The Black Album.
I think the perfect mix for a Metallica album would be an album with production of TBA and music in the style of Puppets.

They're sort of back in the right direction with St. Anger with the anger and speed, but they wanted that album to sound raw and underproduced (as I said in another post) as a backlash to the polished sound of the previous few albums.

But maybe on the next album we'll get the best of both worlds - speed metal with big, fat production.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #614 on: June 18, 2005, 04:54:41 AM »

The style of Master or Puppets crossed with black albums production crossed with and justice for alls drumming.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #615 on: June 18, 2005, 05:03:50 AM »

Here's what Harvester of Sorrow would sound like with bass.

sounds the same really, just one part had a bit more...well i cant describe but theres no real difference so i guess that jason guy just wrote crap basslines for that album.

html sucks
MikeB
« Reply #616 on: June 18, 2005, 04:22:30 PM »

I find the Black album boring sounding, it just makes me yawn and its overrated . Justice for all rocked but the basslines were horrible, just didn't sound heavy to me . I think Metallica didn't care  who they picked as a bassist back then . Master of Puppets was when they were really "Metallica". I think Metallica should break up or James has to grow some balls and stop kissing Lars's ass and be a more metallic frontman than the last comeback. Although I think in a way that some kind of monster movie proved they are a bunch of losers hihi ( No disrespect to the man Kirk Hammett)
psycotron
« Reply #617 on: June 19, 2005, 04:52:25 AM »

i'd like to add that i think lars is the best drummer of all time, does any1 agree with me?. especially on the first 4 albums. he doesnt keep a basic metal drum beat through a whole song like most drummers do he changes the drumming so much throughout the songs and he hits the drums hard. its easy to hear lars drumming. the drumming on ktulu and one is really great. without lars those songs wouldnt have been as good.  ok
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #618 on: June 19, 2005, 04:54:58 AM »

i'd like to add that i think lars is the best drummer of all time, does any1 agree with me?.

Nope, I think Tommy Lee! He is so cool!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2005, 05:38:41 AM »

I find the Black album boring sounding, it just makes me yawn and its overrated

I was referring to the sound, rather than the style of the album. And you can't really argue the production sound, everything is mixed great - huge guitars, huge drums, pounding bass and up front vocals. To this day the Black album sets the standard for production of rock albums.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: