Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487894 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »

I think they should try at least to meet us all half way like load? ( At least Megadeth are giving the true fans what they want)

Apart from Risk which loads of Megadeth fans hated, similar with Metallica fans and Re-Load.

Yeah, but The System Has Failed is old school Megadeth.? Its fast, heavy, and the songs deal with stuff old Megadeth songs used to deal with...war, government, metal, and hating Metallica.

That album fucking RULES!!!!! The world Needs a Hero is pretty amazing as well.

Do you know if Mustaine uses old metallica riffs on TWNAH? Cause didn't that album come out after he finally won his lawsuit against  Metallica for them stealing his tunes? My reason for asking is because there are points on it when the music seems strangely familiar.

One of the things I like alot about Megadeth is that Dave seems to be able to get his point across (even if it anger) with barely using swearing. In this day and age I think that is amazing, its almost like an art to his lyrics. on the whole catalogue you hear him swear only a handful of times. I thought it was cool anyway, not that I have anything against fucking swearing, mind you Grin

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »

Do you know if Mustaine uses old metallica riffs on TWNAH? Cause didn't that album come out after he finally won his lawsuit against? Metallica for them stealing his tunes? My reason for asking is because there are points on it when the music seems strangely familiar.

Didn't know he had sued them for use of his material....

One of the things I like alot about Megadeth is that Dave seems to be able to get his point across (even if it anger) with barely using swearing. In this day and age I think that is amazing, its almost like an art to his lyrics. on the whole catalogue you hear him swear only a handful of times. I thought it was cool anyway, not that I have anything against fucking swearing, mind you Grin

Metallica have done that to, well untill recently....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2005, 02:58:51 PM »

Do you know if Mustaine uses old metallica riffs on TWNAH? Cause didn't that album come out after he finally won his lawsuit against? Metallica for them stealing his tunes? My reason for asking is because there are points on it when the music seems strangely familiar.

Didn't know he had sued them for use of his material....

Metallica have done that to, well untill recently....

I could be wrong about the suing thing but I'm pretty sure he did

And yeah Mighty Met had the same style of writing too. They used to be soo fucking wicked. It's too bad they changed. Oh well. Do you think its because of the Pyro Accident (James can't play as intricately anymore)? or Just cause they are getting old?

why they changed their sound so much, I mean

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2005, 03:16:52 PM »

And yeah Mighty Met had the same style of writing too. They used to be soo fucking wicked. It's too bad they changed. Oh well. Do you think its because of the Pyro Accident (James can't play as intricately anymore)? or Just cause they are getting old?

Money

They changed to sell more albums.

Before 'Black' they had sold about 2 mill albums in America - its now 57 million.

As for James's guitar ability - i have no idea how thats been effected, but he seems to be able to pull off the old songs live so the damage can't be that bad.

The only reason any of us are talking about Metallica is because we heard about them through the mass success of Black - Metallica owe their success to their ability to adapt, trouble is they have gone too far, and now have to ask themselves if they want platinum records or good records

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2005, 03:33:42 PM »

Amen to that Izzy!!! beer

I vote for good albums ok

Come On Met if anybody can bring the rock world out of the mud it's you guys

Other than that our hopes rely on VR or Axl. (and I'm not holding my breath for Axl Grin )

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2005, 03:54:54 PM »

Amen to that Izzy!!! beer

I vote for good albums ok

Come On Met if anybody can bring the rock world out of the mud it's you guys

Other than that our hopes rely on VR or Axl. (and I'm not holding my breath for Axl Grin )

Metallica are a relic, while i hope they can get back to what they once were, they have been surpassed by better thrash metal bands - Pantera and Megadeth are both vastly superior and always were
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 03:57:02 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2005, 04:01:17 PM »

But sadly Pantera is no more. no crying They ruled soo much! Poor Dime Cry

And I agree megadeth rules but, its always nice to switch up the musid you listen to. No?

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2005, 04:31:37 PM »

ive never heard megadeath. I was always told they were like slipknot and pathetivally screamed like pigs. So i never bothered.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »

ive never heard megadeath. I was always told they were like slipknot and pathetivally screamed like pigs. So i never bothered.

Megadeth

Like Slipknot?

Screamed?

A more accurate describtion would be (imo) they sound like a better version of Metallica - they scream no more than Hetfield does, and they sound no more like Slipknot than Metallica does either

There songs have that edge Metallica just don't do as well - and i don't think much Metallica hits the blistering pace of Rust in Pace, those solo's fly!

I wouldn't accept what idiots tell u at face value in future

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2005, 04:45:23 PM »

well izzy, i shall give them a listen! *salutes fellow metal heads*

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2005, 04:52:02 PM »

Megadeth

Like Slipknot?

Screamed?

A more accurate describtion would be (imo) they sound like a better version of Metallica - they scream no more than Hetfield does, and they sound no more like Slipknot than Metallica does either

There songs have that edge Metallica just don't do as well - and i don't think much Metallica hits the blistering pace of Rust in Pace, those solo's fly!

Megadeth rules.  You will be hard pressed to find a better, faster and more technically skilled guitarist than Mr. Dave Mustaine.

If you like intricate, fast guitar. give him a shot man. I recommend "the world needs a hero" or "the sytem has failed" they are the newest albums

"Youthanasia" and "Countdown to Extinction" are pretty fucking good too. Those 2 albums are more commercial though.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2005, 06:20:49 PM »

Megadeth

Like Slipknot?

Screamed?

Megadeth rules.  You will be hard pressed to find a better, faster and more technically skilled guitarist than Mr. Dave Mustaine.

If you like intricate, fast guitar. give him a shot man. I recommend "the world needs a hero" or "the sytem has failed" they are the newest albums

"Youthanasia" and "Countdown to Extinction" are pretty fucking good too. Those 2 albums are more commercial though.

Plus PEace Sells...But Who's Buying? So Far, So Good...So What! and Youthanasia  ok

Buy all the new re-issues they're quite cheap. 

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2005, 06:53:21 PM »

None of those albums touch Rust In Peace.  That album's a friggin' masterpiece.  One of the best metal albums of all time.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2005, 07:28:09 PM »

At this point in time I?m waiting for two Metallica related headlines: "Metallica Breaks Up" or "Robert Trujillo Exits Metallica"....I hope is the second one, better if it goes something like "Robert Trujillo out, Newsted In".

When St. Anger was released, with all the talk about how heavy and fast it was, I got so excited...I was waiting for them to sound like in the early days, wow! not even close, but maybe someday.

ROBERT ROCKS!!!!!!!!! newsted is nothing compared to robert "the great" he influenced me to play the bass guitar.

Nothing against Robert is just that a new face is so hard to accept and/or get used to. and I prefer Jason.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2005, 09:29:14 PM »

I totally think a good starting point would be to buy rust in peace, Its gotta be the best Megadeth album.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2005, 10:32:53 AM »

None of those albums touch Rust In Peace.? That album's a friggin' masterpiece.? One of the best metal albums of all time.

Indeed - Tornado of Souls, kick ass!

All Megadeth's albums do them credit, though Risk is perhaps a little weaker than the rest

And buy the reissues just to get New World Order on Youthanasia - probably my fav Megadeth song

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2005, 12:37:24 PM »

cool. Ill get ready at some point to get there albums.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2005, 01:00:36 PM »

As ur from England try www.play.com or www.101cd.com - very cheap on the reissues

There is also a new 'best of' about to be released but it misses out alot of the good stuff, infact far too much - there should have been a second disc and it has nothing from the 2 most recent albums....but it might be a cheap way into Megadeth

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »

As ur from England try www.play.com or www.101cd.com - very cheap on the reissues

There is also a new 'best of' about to be released but it misses out alot of the good stuff, infact far too much - there should have been a second disc and it has nothing from the 2 most recent albums....but it might be a cheap way into Megadeth
The new greatest hits was chosen by the fans.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2005, 03:11:47 PM »

The new greatest hits was chosen by the fans.

I know - i voted - but the choices don't seme to have been listened to - just 2 songs from RIP Angry

I will be getting it - but i think a new fan would be better of getting the a couple of albums instead - at 4.99 (101cd.com) u can get 2 for the price of the best of - i'd go for RIP for sure...but the second one - so much choice!

Definetly get the new album though - some of Mustaine's most memorable riffs, i've been listening to it continuously for some time - well worth a listen

« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 03:24:42 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: