Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484582 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2420 on: April 08, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »

i'm sure there's a thread about this in dead horse
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2421 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »

and that?s why Robert Trujillo was on the side of the stage while the other guys were giving the acceptance speeches.

Robert gave an acceptance speech just like the rest of them.

Yes he did, but before and after he stood the whole time at the side of the stage while the other guys were right in the center. That?s like his way of saying "Yeah, I?m on board, however what those guys did before me is what got them here". About the GNR induction, of course they?ll be inducted, and a momentary reunion could happen, but chances are it?ll be more like the Van Halen induction..I hope not though.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2422 on: April 08, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »

and that?s why Robert Trujillo was on the side of the stage while the other guys were giving the acceptance speeches.

Robert gave an acceptance speech just like the rest of them.

Yes he did, but before and after he stood the whole time at the side of the stage while the other guys were right in the center. That?s like his way of saying "Yeah, I?m on board, however what those guys did before me is what got them here". About the GNR induction, of course they?ll be inducted, and a momentary reunion could happen, but chances are it?ll be more like the Van Halen induction..I hope not though.

I think Rob knew and respected that Metallica would have been inducted even if Death Magnetic was never made (and therefore he wasn't a recording member), so I think he was just happy to let them have the spot light, while being happy to be up there himself.
As for GnR, I'd rather them not get in than see the inevitable shit storm and embarressing mess of an induction. Metallica showed how to do it well. I don't think GnR would rise to that level.
Anyway, different discussion for a different thread.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2423 on: April 08, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »

Someone has to be off to the side!  Lars was off to the side too! 

OH NO!!!!!! Lars is gonna quit the band!

Anyway, I got tickets for the Orange County show!  Very excited!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2424 on: April 09, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »

Someone has to be off to the side!  Lars was off to the side too! 

OH NO!!!!!! Lars is gonna quit the band!

Anyway, I got tickets for the Orange County show!  Very excited!

That picture doesn?t do justice to my comment..check the videos. However, Robert Trujillo looks like he doesn?t belong there, starting with his poor choice of wardrobe. Oh Jason! how I wish you could have stayed for good.

GNRFAN20
« Reply #2425 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »

The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame for Metallica was a success. No problems got in the way. Got tickets for the Anaheim show so its going to be a good one.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2426 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »

Here's my predictions for the GNR induction if or when it happens (I realize we're way off topic now)

* Axl won't be there
* Some combination of Slash, Steven, Matt, (Izzy and Duff are maybes) will give acceptance speeches
* Slash will play a GNR song with some shitty new flavor of the month band
* The whole thing will feel rather unfulfilling

nailed it...That is my guess too, but you never know.

What I do know is that it is pretty fucking sad when a band is incapable of getting together on a stage for one night to honor something THEY accomplished in the past.  This is no shot at GNR because we are yet to see how they handle this, but look at Van Halen, Blondie, fucking embarrassing.  Metallica handled it perfectly the other night.  No drama, no bullshit, and we all know Metallica has had plenty of drama in the past with eachtother, but they work through it because their band is more important than any petty rockstar ego bullshit.  This is why every album they put out debuts number 1 in over 30 countries and they sell out every seat in the house no  matter where it is...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2427 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame for Metallica was a success. No problems got in the way. Got tickets for the Anaheim show so its going to be a good one.

that area near the honda center is really dangerous compared to the forum in inglewood  confused
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2428 on: April 09, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »

hell yeah..i got my tickets for the Garden yesterday...Ticketmaster were being douchebags by not releasing the GA tickets till a half hour after they went on sale...I knew the pit didnt sell out in 1 second...I waited it out though and got GA...going to Albany too!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2429 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »

That picture doesn?t do justice to my comment..check the videos. However, Robert Trujillo looks like he doesn?t belong there, starting with his poor choice of wardrobe. Oh Jason! how I wish you could have stayed for good.

anyone who spends as much time as you harping over people who left bands years and years ago, needs to check their brain.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2430 on: April 09, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »

anyone who spends as much time as you harping over people who left bands years and years ago, needs to check their brain.

I could type a thousand words regarding your comment, however, this is just a message board...there?s no need to get all hyped up about shit.

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2431 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:45 PM »

Metallica has always been the sum of its parts. So when one of those parts leaves and is replaced, the band changes with it. I see nothing wrong with fans missing old members and wanting them to return.
I'm the same. I like Rob, he seems a cool guy, and he's awesome on the bass, but if there was a choice between having Janson or Rob in the band I'd pick Jason anyday. It's nothing about being 'stuck in the past', I love the bands current material, I'm excited about what they do in the future and I'm happy with their line up too; it's about simply having preference to a line up and past member. I prefer what Jason brought to the band, and I miss that, regardless of how long ago he left.
People missing what old members brought is normal. It shows they're a fan of the band, not the idea of a band, or a name. It shows that they are still fans of, and passionate about the material after all the time that's passed.
Besides, being stuck in the past in regards to a member who left years ago is a bullshit argument. Music isn't linear in time- good music should be as relevent and fresh today to fans as it was when it was released. Anyone who can't appreciate the past are the ones who needs their brains checked, because they're the ones missing out.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:21:48 PM by cfcsfc » Logged
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #2432 on: April 09, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »

This is totally off topic, but has anyone seen the Guitar Hero commercials with Metallica?  There is one with some old basketball coaches, and another with what looks like the athletes that did the other one, like Kobe Bryant.  Pretty funny.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2433 on: April 09, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »

Metallica has always been the sum of its parts. So when one of those parts leaves and is replaced, the band changes with it. I see nothing wrong with fans missing old members and wanting them to return.
I'm the same. I like Rob, he seems a cool guy, and he's awesome on the bass, but if there was a choice between having Janson or Rob in the band I'd pick Jason anyday. It's nothing about being 'stuck in the past', I love the bands current material, I'm excited about what they do in the future and I'm happy with their line up too; it's about simply having preference to a line up and past member. I prefer what Jason brought to the band, and I miss that, regardless of how long ago he left.
People missing what old members brought is normal. It shows they're a fan of the band, not the idea of a band, or a name. It shows that they are still fans of, and passionate about the material after all the time that's passed.
Besides, being stuck in the past in regards to a member who left years ago is a bullshit argument. Music isn't linear in time- good music should be as relevent and fresh today to fans as it was when it was released. Anyone who can't appreciate the past are the ones who needs their brains checked, because they're the ones missing out.

Right on. Some people take their roles in the message board way too seriously. Anyway, I haven?t played Guitar Hero:Metallica, but the graphics look awesome. Long live Jason!!!!

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #2434 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »

My son had to have it.  He's been saving his money for it since January, so he got it last weekend.  Haven't had a chance to check it out for myself yet.   The commercials are really pretty funny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2435 on: April 09, 2009, 11:39:21 PM »

My son had to have it.  He's been saving his money for it since January, so he got it last weekend.  Haven't had a chance to check it out for myself yet.   The commercials are really pretty funny.

Just saw one where they blew up a house, it was funny.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #2436 on: April 09, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »

Yep, that's the one I saw tonight.  My son's gonna love it.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2437 on: April 10, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »

Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILN90MiQg8

Sooooo.....has anyone played the game yet?  Grin
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2438 on: April 10, 2009, 01:33:18 AM »

Here it is!

uh yeah. i have....

you get your Anaheim tickets?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2439 on: April 10, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »

Here it is!

uh yeah. i have....

you get your Anaheim tickets?

You can find your answer to that question on the previous page.

Way to bust a CHINESE DEMOCRACY EVENTUALLY/NOW!!!!!!!!!

So disappointed in you.

And don't worry dude, you'll pass For Whom The Bell Tolls one day!
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: