Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484577 times)
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #2400 on: April 05, 2009, 11:39:38 PM »

I loved the part in Flea's speech when he addressed the people that think metal is "unhealthy".  He talked about how it is such a beautiful, healthy outlet for all of those feelings that could otherwise show themselves in horrible ways.  It was really awesome. 
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2401 on: April 05, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »

personally i thought that there preformance was a little below par, james' voice wasn't the best that night in my opinion.

i did like how they had jason come back with them only when i got to thinking about it, why didn't they have Dave Mustaine come back for a song or jam session or something like they did with jason?
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115274

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following "open letter" on the band's official web site:

"METALLICA, as you know, has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say congratulations!

"I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately, as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with JUDAS PRIEST, so I will be unable to attend. However, I'd like to say to Lars (Ulrich) and James (Hetfield), I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. I will continue to pray for the very best for you and your families, as I always have.

"Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me."

ahhh ok i nevert saw that, thanks ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #2402 on: April 06, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »

Huge props to Metallica for acknowledging the past and putting on a classy induction. Everyone up there deserved it.

Exactly.  They really were about class, last night..having both Newsted and Trujillo there, playing together, as well as having Burton's dad there (that was great!)

People can say what they want about the Rock n' Roll HOF, but I think Metallica made it pretty clear what a great honor it really is. 
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2403 on: April 06, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

It?s true. I admire the way Metallica handled things...no drama and pure celebration. Hopefully GN?R learns something from it when they get inducted. No one wants drama like when Van Halen was inducted or The Sex Pistols.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2404 on: April 06, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

It?s true. I admire the way Metallica handled things...no drama and pure celebration. Hopefully GN?R learns something from it when they get inducted. No one wants drama like when Van Halen was inducted or The Sex Pistols.

however true that is man, personally i don't think Axl and Slash will at that point by then. But, i sure hope that they are.

hopefully one of them will have an epiffany or something

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2405 on: April 06, 2009, 07:37:18 PM »

Jason really does add a lot as far as backing vocals and presence.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2406 on: April 07, 2009, 05:34:58 AM »

however true that is man, personally i don't think Axl and Slash will at that point by then. But, i sure hope that they are.

doubtful...GNR and Metallica are complete opposites in every way imaginable...the only thing they have in common with each other is that they toured together in 1992...oh and they both kick ass....but thats where it ends...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2407 on: April 07, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »

doubtful...GNR and Metallica are complete opposites in every way imaginable...the only thing they have in common with each other is that they toured together in 1992...oh and they both kick ass....but thats where it ends...

Metallica inducted everyone that played on an album including Trujillo and Newsted. Can you imagine GNR even trying to sort that out at this point?

Back on topic.....Flea's speech was great!!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2408 on: April 07, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »

Metallica inducted everyone that played on an album including Trujillo and Newsted. Can you imagine GNR even trying to sort that out at this point?

Back on topic.....Flea's speech was great!!

Metallica did handle things in a great way! It's hard to even think about GN'R doing what they did lets see what they would have

Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Steven
Matt
Dizzy
Gilby
Robin
Bumble
Buckethead
Paul Tobias
Richard
Tommy
Chris
Brian
Frank
Josh
DJ

That comes to a total of 1 singer , 9 Guitarist , 2 bassist ,  5 Drummers , 2 Keyboards... I don't even know where'd they start with that!

James voice was really off in MOP , Sandman was better! But I think out of any band I've seen that got inducted they really gave their fans a class-act, good to know there are bands still like that!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2409 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:20 PM »

Yeah james' voice really did have an off night.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2410 on: April 08, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »

Well, GNR would have to induct a looot of people, so that could be a pain. However, I believe, with all due respect to the new band, that GNR will have earned its induction for what they did with the old lineup. No AFD:No induction. NO UYI:No induction. Plain and simple. So, they should focus on the old lineup, which will be hard to reunite. But hey guys, we are talking about like 20 minutes on stage.

Look at Metallica?s case, they had everyone who has played in a record. However, they earned their induction, not because od Death Magnetic or St. Anger(which are awesome) but for what they did in the 80s and 90s. They got that point, that?s why they included Jason and Cliff?s father, and that?s why Robert Trujillo was on the side of the stage while the other guys were giving the acceptance speeches.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:24:00 AM by Dot » Logged

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2411 on: April 08, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »

Well, GNR would have to induct a looot of people, so that could be a pain. However, I believe, with all due respect to the new band, that GNR will have earned its induction for what they did with the old lineup. No AFD:No induction. NO UYI:No induction. Plain and simple. So, they should focus on the old lineup, which will be hard to reunite. But hey guys, we are talking about like 20 minutes on stage.

Quote from: Axl
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2412 on: April 08, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »

and that?s why Robert Trujillo was on the side of the stage while the other guys were giving the acceptance speeches.

Robert gave an acceptance speech just like the rest of them.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2413 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »

Yeah but there are all sorts of interpretations when it comes to a reunion

for me, a reunion would be getting back together, touring and maybe making a record. I agree with Axl when he says that won't happen

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though........... Im not sure I consider that a "reunion"

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2414 on: April 08, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

and that?s why Robert Trujillo was on the side of the stage while the other guys were giving the acceptance speeches.

Robert gave an acceptance speech just like the rest of them.

It should be interesting to see how the GN'R induction happens. But we aren't seeing them all on one stage thats for sure and I can't blame them. I do think however that the new members realize that the old band achieved a lot, they've never ever slagged them or "dissed" them on anything so I'm sure they'd more than be happy to see them there. Axl however....that is going to be intereseting.  rofl
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2415 on: April 08, 2009, 03:58:47 PM »

Here's my predictions for the GNR induction if or when it happens (I realize we're way off topic now)

* Axl won't be there
* Some combination of Slash, Steven, Matt, (Izzy and Duff are maybes) will give acceptance speeches
* Slash will play a GNR song with some shitty new flavor of the month band
* The whole thing will feel rather unfulfilling

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2416 on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »

Yeah but there are all sorts of interpretations when it comes to a reunion

for me, a reunion would be getting back together, touring and maybe making a record. I agree with Axl when he says that won't happen

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though........... Im not sure I consider that a "reunion"

Reunion
noun
an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of seperation

Instance
noun
an example or singular occurrence of something
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2417 on: April 08, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

See, so a one off thing at the Rock and Roll hall of fame would be a singular thing so it wouldnt technically be a "Reunion"

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2418 on: April 08, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »

Look again, Einstein.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2419 on: April 08, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »

People would call it a reunion but I don't think one night for 20 minutes getting something that honors "The past" qualifies.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: