Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484645 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2360 on: April 02, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »

would they still rule the world without Jason Newsted?

YES

that isn't the point. Dave co wrote some great songs and helped give them their sound/identity as to what is Metallica

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2361 on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115274

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following "open letter" on the band's official web site:

"METALLICA, as you know, has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say congratulations!

"I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately, as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with JUDAS PRIEST, so I will be unable to attend. However, I'd like to say to Lars (Ulrich) and James (Hetfield), I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. I will continue to pray for the very best for you and your families, as I always have.

"Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me."

Sounds like he got asked

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2362 on: April 02, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

personally i always thought newsted sucks.

Burton and Trujillo pwns him.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2363 on: April 02, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

Dave is getting a raw deal.

Do you think they would be getting in the HOF without Dave Mustaine's involvement? I do.

How can you say that for sure? Dave Mustaine was a key component in developing the bands sound from the start.  One of the main reasons they sounded the way they did and got the attention and the breaks they did is because of his contributions...if he was never there from the start who knows what the band would have sounded like and if they ever would have taken off...The first Metallica album to not have any of Daves music on it was ..And justice for all...Now what Metallica did after Dave was fucking brilliant...they are the biggest hard rock/metal band of the last 30 years hands down...but lets not forget it was Daves riffs on Kill em all that helped launch them in the first place...he should get recognition for that...and I think they gave him that...they invited him, he declined...classy on both ends here..
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2364 on: April 02, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »

It would?ve been awesome with Dave there with them...it seems he was only going to be attending and maybe going onstage to say a few words but not to play. Jason, on the other hand, will be playing and that?s just insane, awesome! Hope he stays for good.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2365 on: April 02, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »

It would?ve been awesome with Dave there with them...it seems he was only going to be attending and maybe going onstage to say a few words but not to play. Jason, on the other hand, will be playing and that?s just insane, awesome! Hope he stays for good.

Stay for good? Umm no they're not gonna kick out Rob mid tour to replace him with former member Jason.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2366 on: April 02, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »

nah.. i think its just for a song or somethin.   Rob is a much better bassist anyways, it would be a foolish move on lars and james's part.

Cool that they reached out to Dave.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2367 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:07 PM »

nah.. i think its just for a song or somethin.   Rob is a much better bassist anyways, it would be a foolish move on lars and james's part.

Cool that they reached out to Dave.

Definitely agree with Jim Bob here. Rob wrote the riff to All NightMare Long which is awesome and is a great bass player with amazing stage presence

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2368 on: April 03, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »

Jason please come back I miss you. Fuck that Rob guy!! yes
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:57:20 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2369 on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:44 AM »

you guys are high...Rob is such a better fit for this band..He plays the songs like Cliff used to...nothing against Jason, hes awesome...but Rob has been in the band for like 8 years now....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2370 on: April 03, 2009, 04:11:23 AM »

you guys are high...Rob is such a better fit for this band..He plays the songs like Cliff used to...nothing against Jason, hes awesome...but Rob has been in the band for like 8 years now....

Don't pay any attention to him, he lives to complain.  I would too if I was in his shoes....

Bassplayers who don't need picks > Pickers

The big day is upon us!  I'm so happy for the band, they have earned everything they have worked for and I wish them lots of continued success.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2371 on: April 03, 2009, 04:32:46 AM »

I think a big part of Jason's problem was you could never hear him. He always played exactly the same thing James was and got drowned out a lot of the time.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2372 on: April 03, 2009, 04:36:20 AM »

I think a big part of Jason's problem was you could never hear him. He always played exactly the same thing James was and got drowned out a lot of the time.

And his dumbass Cookie Monster growl backing vocals bugged the hell out of me.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2373 on: April 03, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »

Well, I know how talented Rob is, but here?s what happens: you can bring the best musician in the history of the world to replace someone in any band, but some guys are "The" guys for a certain band. People claim Trujillo is better than Newsted, however(and with all the mad respect Burton deserves) jason is "The" guy for Metallica. Ever since he left, the stage feels quite empty and background vocals have sucked. I?ve seen Metallica with Jason and Rob on bass guitar, and nothing compares to the energy and connection with the crowd that Jason had.

So, seeing Jasonic with them at least for 1 song is gonna be fuckin awesome!!! and again, I could only wish he stayed or at least that he could come back some day.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2374 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »

Well, I know how talented Rob is, but here?s what happens: you can bring the best musician in the history of the world to replace someone in any band, but some guys are "The" guys for a certain band. People claim Trujillo is better than Newsted, however(and with all the mad respect Burton deserves) jason is "The" guy for Metallica. Ever since he left, the stage feels quite empty and background vocals have sucked. I?ve seen Metallica with Jason and Rob on bass guitar, and nothing compares to the energy and connection with the crowd that Jason had.

So, seeing Jasonic with them at least for 1 song is gonna be fuckin awesome!!! and again, I could only wish he stayed or at least that he could come back some day.
My feelings exactly.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2375 on: April 03, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »

My feelings exactly.

well agree to disagree...i think 90% of Metallica fans will say that Cliff was in fact "the guy" for Metallica...their best 3 albums are all with Cliff...and the stuff Jason did doesnt even come close to touching what Cliff did, and I say this as a Jason fan as well...then again lets remember we are talking about bass playing here, isnt bass one step up from playing the kazoo? (so says Dave Mustaine) hihi
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2376 on: April 03, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

My feelings exactly.

well agree to disagree...i think 90% of Metallica fans will say that Cliff was in fact "the guy" for Metallica...their best 3 albums are all with Cliff...and the stuff Jason did doesnt even come close to touching what Cliff did, and I say this as a Jason fan as well...then again lets remember we are talking about bass playing here, isnt bass one step up from playing the kazoo? (so says Dave Mustaine) hihi

Old Man, I agree.

Scary, isn't it?

Stupid bus accident...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2377 on: April 03, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »

Cliff was THE guy for Metallica.

Now Rob is THE guy for Metallica.

Jason has just always seemed awkward to me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2378 on: April 03, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »

bass is  a step up from the kazoo if u are Flea or Les Claypool or even someone like Duff that uses bass to enhance the music melodically

I think Rob is a phenomenal guy and bass player. Jason always seemed like a third guitarist playing guitar stuff on bass whereas rob has actual bass lines.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2379 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »

Fuse is airing some really kickass Metallica stuff all the way up to the induction ceremony.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: