Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484725 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2320 on: March 25, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »

Mandatory Metallica rules!

Wow, I thought we only had Mandatory Metallica on our local station!  You're right, it does rule!!!  I would love to see them in Dallas again.  My son would be so jealous!
I think Mandatory Metallica is pretty national, just like "getting the Led out" with Led Zeppelin and ACD3, 3 songs from ACDC.  I think there was something for Pink Floyd too that I can't remember.

Mandatory Metallica on Sirius/XM.  A whole month of 'tallica 24 hours a day.

Also, they announced tour dates for this fall.

Hooray!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2321 on: March 25, 2009, 01:22:51 AM »

Wow, I thought we only had Mandatory Metallica on our local station!  You're right, it does rule!!!  I would love to see them in Dallas again.  My son would be so jealous!
I think Mandatory Metallica is pretty national, just like "getting the Led out" with Led Zeppelin and ACD3, 3 songs from ACDC.  I think there was something for Pink Floyd too that I can't remember.

Hooray!

im assume Hooray is for the tour dates in LA Huh
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2322 on: March 25, 2009, 01:37:58 AM »

Hooray!

im assume Hooray is for the tour dates in LA Huh

The closest show to us is stupid ass Anaheim.  I hope we have a Los Angeles date.

Orange County- Where everyone answers to "Chad" and has a popped collar.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2323 on: March 25, 2009, 02:18:54 AM »

I could see them adding a date at the forum, but Anahiem aint that bad a place to see them. The venue is nicer, and its easier to get out of the parking lot and back on the freeway. The Forum has so much tradition though, and Ive seen them there like half a dozen times.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2324 on: March 25, 2009, 02:28:14 AM »

i would prefer staple center. 10 minuets away from my house  hihi
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2325 on: March 25, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »

Yeah, Im about 15 minutes away, but do rock bands ever play there? Or is it only the Lakers and Justin Timberlake?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2326 on: March 25, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

THEY DON?T NEED NO STINKING MAJOR:

As I.B. Bad predicted last year, Metallica is poised to become the next major act to ditch the major label system, having fulfilled its contractual obligations to WMG with Death Magnetic. In a video interview shot last week at SXSW, the endlessly quotable Lars Ulrich minced no words in answering a question about whether Metallica needed a major label. "Without offending any of the good people from the record company in the room, no," said Lars, who was surrounded by WB staffers. "Let's cut to the chase? The primary?not the only, but the primary?function of a record label is to act as a bank. When you're fortunate enough to be successful and so on, you don't need to rely on record companies as the banks.? The outspoken drummer said the band would consult with music-biz renegade Trent Reznor when Metallica and NIN go out on a co-headlining tour: "We're doing a bunch of shows with Trent this summer in Europe. I look forward to sitting down and talking to him about what's on his radar." (3/25a)

HDD

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2327 on: March 25, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »

oh man NIN and Metallica  drool
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2328 on: March 25, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »

oh man NIN and Metallica  drool
in europe Wink although not in sweden damn it, they play 2 weeks apart at different festivals, worst festival summer in sweden ever due to all awesome bands getting booked at different festivals Tongue
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2329 on: March 25, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

im sure once they see how well that "tour/festival" thing goes. they will go on a world tour... that would be awesome to see   smoking
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2330 on: March 25, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »

I could see them adding a date at the forum, but Anahiem aint that bad a place to see them. The venue is nicer, and its easier to get out of the parking lot and back on the freeway. The Forum has so much tradition though, and Ive seen them there like half a dozen times.

I've seen Van Halen at The Pond AND The Staples Center.  (Yes, they have rock shows at the Staples Center.  hihi)

And I've been to some shows at The Forum.  For rock shows, I prefer the Forum. 

The Staples Center is nicer, but they never have GA Floor shows.  What's the point of having seats at a rock show?

Anaheim is way too far for me, and I just don't like that arena.  It took me a half an hour to drive out of their crappy parking lot.

The great thing about the Forum is, I park right out in the street without paying $22 for parking, and I drive right out of there after the show.  No worries about traffic.

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #2331 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

Metallica to Perform With Jason Newsted at Rock Hall Induction, Thanks to Blondie

Metallica will reunite with former bassist Jason Newsted when the heavy metal gods are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a ceremony in Cleveland on April 4th, the Pulse of the Radio reports (via Blabbermouth.) Considering the group didn?t even include Newsted?s likeness in their Guitar Hero: Metallica video game (more on that here), bringing back the bassist comes as a surprise. But according to Kirk Hammett, the decision to invite Newsted to join Metallica during the induction and performance can be credited to another Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee: Blondie.

?We went as a band when Black Sabbath was being inducted, and at that time Blondie was also being inducted that night,? Hammett said of the 2006 ceremony, when former Blondie members Frank Infante and Nigel Harrison practically begged Deborah Harry on television to let them perform with the rest of the band, to no avail. ?And there was so many politics and so much drama that, you know, we collectively said to each other, ?We don?t want any of that,? because it kind of, it puts a really bad, sour note on the whole celebration itself.?

Therefore, ?Jason Newsted will be there, and he will be playing with us at one point,? Hammett said, ensuring that Flea, who will induct the band, won?t have to deal with any unexpected awkwardness onstage like Shirley Manson did when she presented Blondie. Plus, with Newsted, Flea and current Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo all involved, we finally have sufficient bass to support Run-DMC?s performance.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/25/metallica-to-perform-with-jason-newsted-at-rock-hall-induction-thanks-to-blondie/
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2332 on: March 25, 2009, 10:40:04 PM »

say what you want about Metallica...they GIVE it to the fans man...They know how cool this would be, so they will just do it..they dont let drama and other business complications fuck things up for the people responsible for them going to the hall of fame....the fans.   They love their fans, they never fuck them over and give 110% every night on stage.  Great band, class act.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2333 on: March 25, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

That's good to know.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2334 on: March 25, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »

Very cool news, but I hope thats as far as it goes.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2335 on: March 25, 2009, 11:54:38 PM »

Yeah, I like Trujillo a lot more than Newsted.

Burton
Trujillo

Newsted
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2336 on: March 26, 2009, 12:15:33 AM »

never cared for Jason Newsted.   hate his backup vocals, and I think Rob is much better suited in Metallica.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2337 on: March 26, 2009, 12:16:58 AM »

Yeah, I hate that growling Cookie Monster BS.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2338 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »

Awesome that Newsted will get some recognition on stage. Whether you prefer Rob or not, Jason deffinatly deserves this. He came in having to step into some very big shoes, was with them during their (commercial) peak and had so much passion for the music. Big props to Metallica for this. They also invited Mustaine to attend, but he's on tour. Really cool that they're recognising and respecting their past.
Personally I am a huge Newsted fan. The guy was amazing on stage, had such a massive presence. And I thought his back up vocals were perfect, much better than Rob's. His playing was always solid, and that suited the music they were making. It's a shame though that he never got to really let loose on an album.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2339 on: March 26, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »

Yeah, I like Trujillo a lot more than Newsted.

Burton
Trujillo

Newsted

ok  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: