Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484792 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2300 on: February 12, 2009, 01:46:33 AM »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here plan on getting the Guitar Hero game?

I am...I dont really know anyone who isnt getting it...the setlist looks sick...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2301 on: February 12, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here plan on getting the Guitar Hero game?

I am...I dont really know anyone who isnt getting it...the setlist looks sick...

I second that motion.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2302 on: February 14, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »

is that metallica pack for DM on guitar hero also for xbox 360? i have a few hacked accounts with 10k Microsoft points and this way i can download that add on
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2303 on: February 14, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »

If you downloaded DM for GH: World Tour, you don't have to buy it again. 
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2304 on: February 14, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »

i know
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2305 on: February 14, 2009, 07:48:16 PM »

So what's the problem, officer?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2306 on: February 15, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »

is that metallica pack for DM on guitar hero also for xbox 360? i have a few hacked accounts with 10k Microsoft points and this way i can download that add on

spread the love.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2307 on: March 08, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »

METALLICA: Second Stockholm Show Cancelled - Mar. 8, 2009

METALLICA's web site has been updated with the following message:

"Tonight's [Sunday, March 8] second show in Stockholm [Sweden] has been cancelled due to James [Hetfield, guitar/vocals] falling ill and receiving medical attention at the hospital. The show WILL be rescheduled sometime this spring, so keep watching this space for more details. We apologize to all our fans who have travelled from near and far and we look forward to coming back soon."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115726

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2308 on: March 08, 2009, 08:01:40 PM »

That's a bummer i hope James is ok.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2309 on: March 09, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »

METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD Released From Hospital; Food Poisoning Suspected - Mar. 9, 2009

Photos of METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield leaving Stockholm's Karolinksa hospital late last night (Sunday, March Cool can be found at the web sites of the Swedish newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen.

Hetfield was taken to the hospital yesterday with a suspected case of food poisoning, forcing METALLICA to cancel last night's concert at Stockholm's Globen.

"As you can clearly see, one of the members of METALLICA isn't with us up here on stage tonight. Unfortunately, I have to let you know that James has had a really, really, bad day and he's on his way to the hospital right now," METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told the crowd shortly after 8 p.m. (see video footage below).

"We obviously hope that he'll be better really soon. Unfortunately, METALLICA won't be able to play tonight."

The food poisoning reportedly took place on Saturday night after the band had a craving for Indian food and called for takeout from a Stockholm restaurant, with each band member placing an individual order, according to The Local.

"James ordered samosas, chicken tikka masala, and lamb in tomato and yoghurt sauce," a restaurant worker who took the call told Expressen.

After several hours under observation, Hetfield was released from the hospital late Sunday night.

"I feel fine now," he told the newspaper.

The band plans to reschedule the show for sometime in May and tickets issued for Sunday's cancelled show will be honored on the new date.

Fans, many of whom traveled great distances across Sweden to catch a glimpse of the band, were devastated by the news, according to The Local.

"I've been crying a lot. It's not just that my weekend was wrecked, but it's wrecked a full six months. I've been waiting so long getting psyched for this concert and now there isn't one," METALLICA fan Gustav Borne told Expressen.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115751

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2310 on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »

'Mandatory Metallica' Channel to Air on Sirius XM Radio

Channel to broadcast non-stop Metallica music, plus feature interviews with all four band members as well as a wide range of artists talking about Metallica

"Mandatory Metallica" to coincide with the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

"Mandatory Metallica" to be available to SIRIUS subscribers for the first time

NEW YORK, March 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced that legendary rock band Metallica will host their own music channel on SIRIUS XM. Mandatory Metallica will be broadcast on SIRIUS channel 27 and XM channel 42 and will debut on Saturday, March 14 starting at 6:00 pm ET and run through Monday, April 13 at 3:00 am ET. The launch of SIRIUS XM's Mandatory Metallica channel coincides with the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 4, 2009.

(LOGO: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080819/NYTU044LOGO )

"Metallica is one of the most influential and distinctive bands in the world," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. "We are thrilled to broadcast Mandatory Metallica for SIRIUS XM listeners and give Metallica fans a place to go to hear all the music, interviews and rarities with this incredible rock band all in one place for thirty days."

Mandatory Metallica will air Metallica music 24/7 as well as new songs from their recent release, Death Magnetic, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and was certified Platinum in less than three weeks. The channel will also feature interviews with Metallica guitarist and singer James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo.

In addition to interviews with all four band members, Mandatory Metallica will air exclusive interviews with other artists sharing their personal insights about Metallica's influence on music, including Linkin Park, Slipknot, Disturbed, Guns N' Roses, Chris Cornell, RUSH, Ashes Divide, Black Stone Cherry, Five Finger Death Punch, Atreyu, Cinderella, Mastodon, Judas Priest, Dragonforce, Triumph, Tesla and others.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2311 on: March 11, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

METALLICA's HETFIELD: 'An Oyster Could Have Taken Me Down' - Mar. 10, 2009

METALLICA frontman James Hetfield headed home to the United States on Monday morning (March 9) after being hospitalized in Stockholm, Sweden over the weekend. Hetfield was admitted to the hospital on Sunday (March Cool with dehydration after coming down with a possible case of food poisoning. He was released Sunday evening, but the illness forced the band to cancel its second concert in Stockholm, scheduled for that night.

In a posting on METALLICA's offical web site, Hetfield writes, "James here, alive, at about 80% but getting better. I want to say sorry for missing the second Stockholm gig on Sunday due to illness. The cause/diagnosis at the hospital was narrowed down to either a 24-hour virus or a bad oyster...yes, hate to admit, an oyster could have taken me down.

"I acknowledge and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused fans who had travelled near and far for the show. I had done everything possible to make it, and was at the point of falling if I stood up.

"On a lighter note, since my illness, the support band 'SWEDISH OYSTER CULT' will be thrown off the tour. More cowbell?...More barf bagz!!

"Thanx for your understanding and support. It's not without notice from the whole 'TALLICA touring family.

"With love and respect, James 'Papa Het'."

The show will be rescheduled for sometime in May.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115877

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2312 on: March 11, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

Guitar Hero Metallica: Exclusive Interview With Kirk Hammett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzfDisZHNAo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2313 on: March 23, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

METALLICA: New North American Tour Dates Announced - Mar. 23, 2009

METALLICA's web site has been updated with the following message:

"European summer vacation part 2,347 will end on August 2, so that can only mean one thing ... more dates in the U.S. and Canada! We just rocked Austin at SXSW and are super-psyched that we'll be back in North America visiting our friends in the fall as the World Magnetic Tour keeps rolling on. We had an amazing time on the last run in '08 and early '09 and we are so ready to do it again!"

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 14 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center
Sep. 15 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
Sep. 17 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
Sep. 19 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Sep. 28 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Sep. 29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Oct. 01 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
Oct. 03 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Oct. 04 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
Oct. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Oct. 13 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Oct. 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 17 - Charlottesville, VA - JPJ Arena
Oct. 18 - Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Oct. 26 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Oct. 29 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
Oct. 31 - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi
Nov. 09 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
Nov. 10 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
Nov. 12 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
Nov. 14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Dec. 05 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay
Dec. 07 - Boise, ID - Idaho Center
Dec. 08 - Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
Dec. 10 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
Dec. 12 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116641

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2314 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »

Going to see Tallica on Thursday at Glasgow's SECC.

I cannot wait  Cheesy Grin

Almsot perswaded my mate to drive so it'll be  beer sweet!

Anyone else of the forums seeing them this week? (Birmingham on wed/ Glasgow thurs/ O2 on sat)
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2315 on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:55 AM »

Any suggestions on when to start queing for Tallica on Thursday?

We were in the Q for Guns at 2.15 and we were like 60th from the front. So am thinking about the same this time  Huh

From the official message board its doors open 7.30, Metallica on stage 9pm. Finish 11.15 (if your travelling by train you may miss the last train @ 11.20 btw)
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2316 on: March 24, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »

Mandatory Metallica rules!
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #2317 on: March 25, 2009, 12:05:36 AM »

Wow, I thought we only had Mandatory Metallica on our local station!  You're right, it does rule!!!  I would love to see them in Dallas again.  My son would be so jealous!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2318 on: March 25, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »

Wow, I thought we only had Mandatory Metallica on our local station!  You're right, it does rule!!!  I would love to see them in Dallas again.  My son would be so jealous!
I think Mandatory Metallica is pretty national, just like "getting the Led out" with Led Zeppelin and ACD3, 3 songs from ACDC.  I think there was something for Pink Floyd too that I can't remember.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2319 on: March 25, 2009, 12:19:01 AM »

yup they do manadatory metallica on 107.5 Extreme Radio in Las Vegas.    everyday at 6:00 pm.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: