Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484988 times)
McDuff
« Reply #2180 on: September 25, 2008, 02:51:49 PM »

Metallica commented:

"We're honored to be among the nine nominees being considered for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . . . has it really been 25 years since our first record came out? Yeah, that's the criteria to be nominated and we're keeping company this year with Jeff Beck, Chic, Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Run D.M.C., the Stooges, War, and Bobby Womack.

Of course we don't know yet if we're really in . . . the official inductees for this year are not announced until January 2009. So as we always say, keep watching here for more info. The big ceremony will be held April 4, 2009 in Cleveland."

Source: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/339/13965/Metallica.html
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2181 on: September 27, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

Metallica commented:

"We're honored to be among the nine nominees being considered for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . . . has it really been 25 years since our first record came out? Yeah, that's the criteria to be nominated and we're keeping company this year with Jeff Beck, Chic, Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Run D.M.C., the Stooges, War, and Bobby Womack.

Of course we don't know yet if we're really in . . . the official inductees for this year are not announced until January 2009. So as we always say, keep watching here for more info. The big ceremony will be held April 4, 2009 in Cleveland."

Source: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/339/13965/Metallica.html
Ok - Jeff Beck & Run DMC I can see...what the hell qualifies the rest on that list???

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2182 on: September 27, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

^The Stooges are awesome. One of the main influences on punk.

It's exactly 22 years today since Cliff Burton died. I bought Death Magnetic today and of all the copies in the shop, I picked up the one with the friggin' broken case. That must be a sign....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2183 on: September 27, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

How can a cardboard box be "broken?"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2184 on: September 27, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »

Nah, it was a plastic CD case. I don't know about anywhere else but here, they seem to put new albums or reissues in these round-edged cases. Anyway, part of mine had some of the plastic broken off. I shall demand a refund tomorrow. Or a replacement. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2185 on: September 27, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

Whoa dude, that's wild!

We got the digipak here.  I prefer plastic myself.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2186 on: September 29, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

METALLICA's LARS ULRICH Breaks Silence On 'Death Magnetic' Sound Quality Controversy - Sep. 29, 2008

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has commented on the fan-generated controversy over the audio quality of the group's new album, "Death Magnetic".

Several articles from both the mainstream press and recording industry web sites have discussed the album in context of the so-called "Loudness Wars," a term used by UK publication The Guardian, which claims that the music industry is trying to make recordings as loud as possible mainly to stand out on radio.

An audio clip has surfaced on YouTube comparing music from the "Death Magnetic" CD to tracks from the album used for Guitar Hero, which were prepared differently. A number of fans prefer the Guitar Hero versions.

A petition circulated by some fans asking the band to remix the CD has gathered 12,000 signatures, although they are dwarfed by the nearly a million copies the CD has sold in the U.S. since going on sale September 12.

Ted Jensen, the engineer who mastered the album at Sterling Sound in New York, recently responded to fan complaints that the CD is too loud and the audio is pushed to distortion levels by writing, "I'm certainly sympathetic to your reaction, I get to slam my head against that brick wall every day. In this case the mixes were already brick-walled before they arrived at my place. Suffice to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me, I'm not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else."

Mastering is the process of preparing and transferring recorded audio from a source containing the final mix to a data storage device, the "master," from which all copies will be produced.

Blame for the sound quality has been laid at the feet of the band itself, producer Rick Rubin and his recording engineer, Greg Fidelman.

In a brand new interview with Blender.com, Ulrich responded to the complaints by saying, "Listen, there's nothing up with the audio quality. It's 2008, and that's how we make records. Rick Rubin's whole thing is to try and get it to sound lively, to get it to sound loud, to get it to sound exciting, to get it to jump out of the speakers. Of course, I've heard that there are a few people complaining. But I've been listening to it the last couple of days in my car, and it sounds fuckin' smokin'.

"Somebody told me about [people complaining that the Guitar Hero version of 'Death Magnetic' sounds better]. Listen, what are you going to do? A lot of people say [the CD] sounds great, and a few people say it doesn't, and that's OK. You gotta remember, when we put out '...And Justice for All', people were going, 'What happened to these guys, this record? There's no bass on it. It sounds like it was recorded in a fuckin' garage on an eight-track.' And now '...And Justice for All' is sort of the seminal METALLICA record that supposedly influenced a whole generation of death-metal bands. The difference between back then and now is the Internet.

"The Internet gives everybody a voice, and the Internet has a tendency to give the complainers a louder voice. Listen, I can't keep up with this shit. Part of being in METALLICA is that there's always somebody who's got a problem with something that you're doing: 'James Hetfield had something for breakfast that I don't like.' That's part of the ride.

"I will say that the overwhelming response to this new record has exceeded even our expectations as far as how positive it is. So I'm not gonna sit here and get caught up in whether [the sound] 'clips' or it doesn't 'clip.' I don't know what kind of stereos these people listen on. Me and James made a deal that we would hang back a little and not get in the way of whatever Rick's vision was. That's not to put it on him ? it's our record, I'll take the hit, but we wanted to roll with Rick's vision of how METALLICA would sound."

"Broken Beat & Scarred" album version:

"Broken Beat & Scarred" unofficial remix using nothing but **six** separated/extracted Guitar Hero tracks:

Here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105822

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2187 on: September 29, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »

U gotta love 12k nerds on the internet use to Lossless or whatever that stuff is.

Buy a better stereo Geek!

Listening to something on the computer isn't gonna sound that great

Death Magnetic kicks fucking ass in my car.

So who knows what these people bitch at.

The album is amazing so u have dipshits that have to FIND SOMETHING to bitch about.

Ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2188 on: September 30, 2008, 02:52:06 AM »

U gotta love 12k nerds on the internet use to Lossless or whatever that stuff is.

The album is amazing so u have dipshits that have to FIND SOMETHING to bitch about.

Ridiculous.
HELLO! that record sounds like shit!   Metallica are wash-ups so it doesn't matter. 

P.S.  Metallica aren't real musicians anyway. puke
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:54:19 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2189 on: September 30, 2008, 03:06:45 AM »

Ridiculous.
HELLO! that record sounds like shit!   Metallica are wash-ups so it doesn't matter. 

P.S.  Metallica aren't real musicians anyway. puke

We get it ok! You don't like the band don't like the album. So why don't you stay out of this thread and leave it to those who actually wanna discuss the band and not have to read posts of you bashing them.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2190 on: September 30, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »

Ridiculous.

While I agree the album's music is fucking excellent, there's no doubting that the album is mixed badly.

It distorts like shit in my car stereo, and that's not even at loud volume. I crank up The Black album and it's crystal clear, but it ain't like that at all with Death Magnetic.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2191 on: September 30, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »

i understand this loudness war thing.

i listen to an album by a band called Gemini Five, album is called Sex Drugs Anarchy.

The albums great but it distorts so fucking badly at times, especially when a guitar solo comes on.  Sometimes its hard to even hear the guitar solo everythings all cramped together.

html sucks
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #2192 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »

So the big question here is should I go out and buy the new cd from Metallica?Huh I address this to Metallica fans only (the ones that go back to the black album and masters of puppets) is it any good??? Is it up there with those two cds I just mentioned? I'd like to know before I purchase it........Thanks  smoking
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2193 on: October 06, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Yes, buy it

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2194 on: October 06, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »

Those who have sound issues need to buy some decent fucking speakers.

I turn this fucking thing up to 20 in my car and it sounds AMAZING

I have Alpine Deck, Pioneer 6.5's and Pioneer 4X6 in the doors

SO I dont have an amazing system and it sounds great.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2195 on: October 06, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »

I have no problem with the sound quality - it sounds fine blasting in my truck.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2196 on: October 06, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »

its obvious when u listen to it that the sound is "flat" and all the instruments are up front in the mix. i read on other message boards that u can actually pick out different instruments as well as backing vocals in the guitar hero 3 mix that u cant hear at all in the normal mix.  i havent checked out the guitar hero 3 mix yet though.

i dont really have any complaints because i have been listening to it on headphones so far, havent put it in a stereo yet.

i do think however that the production could have been better but im not gonna bitch about it like so many fans have been, i mean jesus this is their best album in 20 years IMO i can live with the production problems, its just a shame that it wasnt mixed better.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2197 on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

this is their best album in 20 years 

I could not agree with you more on that point. It has tinges of Justice while being completely new.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2198 on: October 08, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »

Metallica To Emphasize 'Magnetic' On Tour

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich promises that fans will hear "a lot of new songs" from "Death Magnetic" on the group's upcoming tour, which begins production rehearsals Monday in San Francisco and kicks off Oct. 21 in Glendale, Ariz.

"These new songs are a lot of fun to play," Ulrich tells Billboard.com. "Traditionally I think we've been a little conservative when we've started off with two songs, three songs (from the new album). We're going to hit the ground running here. We're probably gonna learn all of them and play, I hope, at least five a night and probably rotate 'em so we get a lot of new songs in. That's one thing I'm definite about."

Metallica, which has dates booked into August of 2009, will again be playing in the round, though Ulrich says the production will be "a completely different thing than what we've done before." He says that there will be "a big-ass f*ckin' lighting rig above us, and there's some pretty cool stuff up there. There'll be some sh*t that turns on and off and some sh*t that blows up ... the usual stuff.

Ulrich says the group is also similarly enthused about the reception to "Death Magnetic," Metallica's first set of new material since 2003's "St. Anger." The album topped The Billboard 200 for three consecutive weeks and has sold a million copies already in the U.S. and 2.5 million around the world.

"It's just an overwhelming, positive thing," Ulrich notes. "You couldn't have told me a month ago or six months ago that we would have a record that would be this well-received. It seems like it's so universal this time and it's all over the world and everybody's so into it on so many different levels -- the fans, press, the peers ... everybody.

"I'm a little overwhelmed, humbled ... and certainly appreciative. When you put out a record twice a decade, which is kind of what we find ourselves doing these days, you bask in it a little bit."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2199 on: October 08, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »

Anyone else heard the Demo Versions?

They do sound  Mixed a whole lot better and they are just demos. U can hear loads of bass whereas on the studio effort, u can't hear much bass at all.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: