Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485023 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2120 on: September 14, 2008, 12:46:38 AM »

No one will give this album the credit it deserves cause people get stuck i warps where nothing can be better than this
but honestly, Death Magnetic is my favorite front to end.

The other albums are legendary, but that doesn't mean this one can't be legendary also.

Kirk's solos are some of the best I've heard in a very very long time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:49:58 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2121 on: September 14, 2008, 02:00:07 AM »

No one will give this album the credit it deserves cause people get stuck i warps where nothing can be better than this

The other albums are legendary, but that doesn't mean this one can't be legendary also.

I agree like i said in my review of it best album by them in nearly 20 yrs.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2122 on: September 14, 2008, 02:02:22 AM »

I agree like i said in my review of it best album by them in nearly 20 yrs.

I told my friend today that this one should have come out after TBA, or even before it.  But after AJFA for sure.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2123 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:47 AM »

Yeah this should've been load or reload.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2124 on: September 14, 2008, 02:10:14 AM »

Yea the songs remind me of AJFA more than anything.    Although I have to admit none of these songs touch Blackened or One, they are great songs for the most part and are better than just about everything on Load, Re-Load, and St. Anger.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2125 on: September 14, 2008, 02:13:18 AM »

Yea the songs remind me of AJFA more than anything.    Although I have to admit none of these songs touch Blackened or One, they are great songs for the most part and are better than just about everything on Load, Re-Load, and St. Anger.

There's this little part during the solo for Day that reminds me of the end jam of One.

There still so much I need to digest, so many things I need to find.  I love having an album like this.  It's going to take a lot of time to take it all in, and I like it.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2126 on: September 14, 2008, 02:14:36 AM »

There's this little part during the solo for Day that reminds me of the end jam of One.

yeah i know which part and it does sound a bit like One
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2127 on: September 14, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »

The resemblence is definitely there.. but not to the point where they are rehashing.   A lot of the songs follow the same formulas from the MOP and ADJA songs.

I wish they had a date booked for Las Vegas but they don't Sad
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2128 on: September 14, 2008, 02:34:48 AM »

The resemblence is definitely there.. but not to the point where they are rehashing.   A lot of the songs follow the same formulas from the MOP and ADJA songs.

I wish they had a date booked for Las Vegas but they don't Sad

They don't wanna fall off the wagon!

They'll do Vegas, they'd be foolish not to.

Yeah, there's also a song that has a strong similarity to Wherever I May Roam.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2129 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:26 AM »

I can't see there not being a second leg early next year or next spring/summer. They missed way too many cities on leg one.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2130 on: September 14, 2008, 03:21:50 AM »

Finally got around to buying the album today and it sounds great. And the sound is much better than the leaked mp3s that were floating around on the net.

The album packaging is awesome too. I got the digipack version with the coffin holes cut out all the way through the booklet. You can tell Metallica put allot of effort into this, the music is outstanding and the album packaging is killer too.

Only song I'm not really into is The Unforgiven 3. I reckon The Day That Never Comes is closer to being part of the Unforgiven series than this song is.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2131 on: September 14, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »

Finally got around to buying the album today and it sounds great. And the sound is much better than the leaked mp3s that were floating around on the net.

The album packaging is awesome too. I got the digipack version with the coffin holes cut out all the way through the booklet. You can tell Metallica put allot of effort into this, the music is outstanding and the album packaging is killer too.

Only song I'm not really into is The Unforgiven 3. I reckon The Day That Never Comes is closer to being part of the Unforgiven series than this song is.

Reminds me of Pearl Jam's Vitalogy.  (The packaging does.)

Very fanciful artwork.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2132 on: September 14, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »

At my Best Buy they had the digi version, the hard case version, the xbox guitar hero download version AND they had 2 vinyl copies of it.

I picked it up Friday around 2pm and Id say already 20 copies or so had been sold as the display cardboard thing had a huge dent in it.

I think Unforgiven III is unbelievably amazing. That song gives me chills. it will hit u Metallex.

Remember when I said I didn't like "All Nightmare Long"

That song fucking kicks ass. I knew it would take a couple of listens.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2133 on: September 14, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »

everyone check out the demos a lot of the songs are sped up on the final product
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #2134 on: September 15, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »

am i the only one who thinks Death Magnetic is boring??   Undecided     its just an ok album for me, and i do hate that.  ive given it a few spins and its just isnt growing on me.   

i agree with that. and i have to say i think alot of it is to do with how it's mixed. which considering rubin produced it suprised me.

there's no life to it, and the drum sound though an improvement on st. anger is still shite, and they're right there at the front of the mix. Kirk is still boring as fuck and by far the most over rated guitarist on the face of the earth.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2135 on: September 15, 2008, 11:54:51 PM »

hey where can i pick up that Metallica box set? i went to Bestbuy today and they siad they haven't heard of such thing and i remember some one in this thread saying something about it so..........where can i get it?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2136 on: September 15, 2008, 11:57:34 PM »

hey where can i pick up that Metallica box set? i went to Bestbuy today and they siad they haven't heard of such thing and i remember some one in this thread saying something about it so..........where can i get it?

If you mean the coffin box that you can only get at mission metallica or metallica.com. It appears to be sold out though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2137 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

Analysis: Metallica's Death Magnetic Sounds Better in Guitar Hero

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2138 on: September 16, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »

I didn't read the link, but before I do, I want to mention that the snare is getting kinda annoying.

Anyone else feel the same way?

After reading the link, I knew exactly what they were talking about.  My stereo goes up to 60 in the car, but I can only do a maximum of 18. 

Someone posted an article that dealt with this exact same issue a few months ago.

If you compare original Led Zeppelin recordings with Mothership, you will find that Mothership is compressed.

Nirvana, being a loud band, pales in comparison to bands with compressed albums.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:21:18 PM by Frank Costanza's Festivus Pole » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2139 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:21 PM »

Not sure if these articles have been posted yet.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003850483

September 16, 2008 , 6:45 PM ET

Geoff Mayfield, L.A.
In just a three-day sales window, Metallica's "Death Magnetic" skates close to the half million mark and will lead The Billboard 200 when Nielsen SoundScan releases its charts tomorrow morning (Sept. 17).

The band's first studio album since 2003 moved 490,000 copies in its abbreviated frame, scheduled off-cycle on a Friday to accommodate a worldwide release date.

It marks the biggest number the chart has seen since five weeks ago, when the Jonas Brothers' "A Little Bit Longer" scaled the list with 525,000 copies with a traditional Tuesday release date.

The total for Metallica's first Warner Bros. album after spending its career with Elektra outdistances the opening sum of its last studio set, "St. Anger," which sold 418,000 copies in a similarly shorter-than-normal window.

Originally set for a Tuesday release, "Anger" was rush released to an off-cycle Thursday start amid concerns over Internet leaks. The last Metallica album to stage a larger opener than "Magnetic" was 1996's "Load," which rolled 680,000 units in its first frame.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003837671&inp=true

August 11, 2008 , 12:10 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Metallica will begin an extensive fall/winter arena tour Oct. 21 in Glendale, Ariz., in support of its new album, "Death Magnetic." The Sword will open all dates, with Lamb Of God, Down and Machine Head joining the bill on separate legs.

Members of Metallica's Met Club and Mission: Metallica Platinum organizations will get first dibs on tickets, with on-sale dates to be announced. For the full itinerary, visit Metallica.com.

As previously reported, "Death Magnetic" is due Sept. 12. First single "The Day That Never Comes" will hit radio before the end of the month.

In other Metallica news, the group will host its own show, "Mandatory Metallica," on XM Sirius beginning Aug. 16. The program, which will run through Sept. 30, will feature non-stop Metallica music plus interviews conducted by band members with members of Linkin Park, Slipknot, Disturbed, Guns N' Roses and Mastodon, among others.

Anyone hear this?  Who'd they have on from GNR?  And if anyone has heard it, what channel is it on (Sirius), what time, day?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: