Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:20:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485079 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2080 on: September 08, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

The End Of The Line is already one of my Favorite Metallica Songs ever. That song fucking ROCKS and Grooves.

Broken,Beat and Scarred also is awesome.

Im not a big fan of instrumentals and the song "All Nightmare Long" is sort of filler and corny

Rest of the album is fucking amazing

This was your life, End of the line, Broken, Beat and Scarred, Cyanide, The Day That Never Comes, Unforgiven III and Judas Kiss are just amazing songs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #2081 on: September 08, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised by The Unforgiven III. I think they should have given that song it's own identity with a different title. I honestly was expecting it to be the worst rehashing piece of shit I ever heard but it's a good song.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2082 on: September 08, 2008, 07:37:47 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised by The Unforgiven III. I think they should have given that song it's own identity with a different title. I honestly was expecting it to be the worst rehashing piece of shit I ever heard but it's a good song.

I was expecting the same thing with Unforgiven III. I was pleasantly surprised it sounds nothing like the first two at all. I agree they should've given it another title though.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #2083 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

The German-language television network 3SAT recently conducted an interview with METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield about the band's new album, "Death Magnetic", the "Some Kind of Monster" movie and the use of METALLICA's music to torture Guantanamo Bay, Cuba prisoners. "Part of me is proud is because they chose METALLICA," Hetfield said about the reports that the band's song "Enter Sandman" was used during the interrogation of Mohammed al-Qahtani ? known as the 20th hijacker on Sept. 11 ? and that listening to the track brought al-Qahtani to tears "because he thought he was hearing the sound of Satan." James added, "It's strong; it's music that's powerful. It represents something that they don't like ? maybe freedom, aggression? I don't know? freedom of speech. And then part of me is kind of bummed about it that people worry about us being attached to some political statement because of that. We've got nothing to do with this and we're trying to be as apolitical as possible, 'cause I think politics and music, at least for us, don't mix. It separates people, [and] we wanna bring people together. So, so be it. I can't say 'Stop.' I can't say 'Do it.' It is just a thing ? it's not good or bad."

Found this on another forum, it made me laugh.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2084 on: September 08, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »

lol same situation with welcome to the jungle
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2085 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »

We've got nothing to do with this and we're trying to be as apolitical as possible, 'cause I think politics and music, at least for us, don't mix. It separates people, [and] we wanna bring people together.
Metallica - more specifically James and Lars, are a lot smarter than they get credit for.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2086 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:38 PM »

Maybe al-Qahtanhi thought Sandman was their first sellout song.  hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2087 on: September 09, 2008, 10:31:42 AM »

Maybe al-Qahtanhi thought Sandman was their first sellout song.  hihi

hihi Yeah, he was pissed that it didn't sound like Master of Puppets  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2088 on: September 09, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »

If MTV were still a video network, it would make a great 'new' video...c'mon Youtube pro's - Sandman to clips of terrorist recieving 'torture lite'.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2089 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »

no new single yesterday
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2090 on: September 09, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »

METALLICA Releases 'The Judas Kiss' Via iTunes - Sep. 9, 2008

METALLICA has released another song off its upcoming album "Death Magnetic" via iTunes. "The Judas Kiss" is the fourth, and final, track to be made available before the CD is issued in its entirety this Friday. Also available on iTunes are "The Day That Never Comes", "My Apocalypse" and "Cyanide".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104382

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2091 on: September 09, 2008, 11:45:01 PM »

Call me crazy, But this is my favorite Metallica Album from start to finish.

WOW, Broken,Beat and Scarred is fucking amazing. This has to be and will be a single.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2092 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »

Just heard All Nightmare Long. Lame song title, but fuck me, what an awesome song!
How you can not feel compelled to headbang alnog with this, I don't know!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2093 on: September 10, 2008, 12:19:55 AM »

WOW, Broken,Beat and Scarred is fucking amazing. This has to be and will be a single.

already four singles dude room for no more, i would of rather had broken, beat and scarred as the fourth single
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2094 on: September 10, 2008, 12:45:25 AM »

yea, thats crazy.  I think its the freshness of the songs.. a few years down the road you will most likely think differently.

but yes its a solid album and easily their best since TBA.
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #2095 on: September 10, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »

am i the only one who thinks Death Magnetic is boring??   Undecided     its just an ok album for me, and i do hate that.  ive given it a few spins and its just isnt growing on me.   maybe it will eventually.  i didnt like the single at first but that is growing on me.  the 1st and 3rd songs are really good.  Cyanide has grown on me.  unforgiven III blows IMO.  the rest is...blah. but i love how they end the album with just a jam.  i dont know though...its just boring.  kind feels like it has no heart or soul.  just my opinion though.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2096 on: September 10, 2008, 01:52:26 PM »

METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic' Arrives In UK Early? - Sep. 10, 2008

According to various online reports (including fan accounts on METALLICA's official message board), several UK retailers ? including HMV and Zavvi ? have begun selling METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", ahead of its September 12 official worldwide release date ? presumably in response to the fact that the album was leaked in its entirety last week. HMV, which currently owns over 50% of the music retail market in the UK, reportedly has the CD on sale for ?9.99 (approximately $20).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104456

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2097 on: September 10, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »

really like the new album. seems like the rightful sequel to ..And Justice For All, and i like it better than, dare i say, the black album. good stuff.

i've always preferred their '80s stuff so i guess thats why...

my only complaint is that the lyrics are kinda weak in some parts... but the album rocks and grooves so hard that you don't even notice.  hihi

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2098 on: September 10, 2008, 04:06:12 PM »

I think its an album where it helps what kind of mood u are in. Plus, With most albums, U have to want to like it and u have to listen a few times to really feel and get it all.

I know it takes me about 4 or 5 listens with most stuff to really get it and love it.

If I like a song first time, I usually like it for about 2 weeks and then I never listen and get burnt out real quick.

More complex stuff that takes a few listens to really get, I usually love for years without getting burnt out.

So many songs/albums I hated first listen and now I still listen years later.

Flip side, so many albums/songs I loved right off the bat and now, I can't listen anymore.

zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #2099 on: September 10, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »

Flip side, so many albums/songs I loved right off the bat and now, I can't listen anymore.

this is the way i feel about the Black album actually.  i swear if i hear Sandman one more time im going to kill someone rant
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: