Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485123 times)
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2000 on: September 03, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »

yeah dude guessing it will be the unforgiven 3
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2001 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »

metallica are a little upset by the leak probably but i think they will be happy seeing the positive reaction towards it. they made a whole bunch of money thanks to the singles, mission metallica, and preorders.

Two nights ago before the album leaked.........Lars put out a statement along the lines of "Listen, we're ten days from release. I mean, from here, we're golden. If this thing leaks all over the world today or tomorrow, happy days. Happy days. Trust me. Ten days out and it hasn't quote-unquote fallen off the truck yet? Everybody's happy. It's 2008 and it's part of how it is these days, so it's fine. We're happy"

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2002 on: September 03, 2008, 05:14:59 PM »

metallica are a little upset by the leak probably but i think they will be happy seeing the positive reaction towards it. they made a whole bunch of money thanks to the singles, mission metallica, and preorders.

Two nights ago before the album leaked.........Lars put out a statement along the lines of "Listen, we're ten days from release. I mean, from here, we're golden. If this thing leaks all over the world today or tomorrow, happy days. Happy days. Trust me. Ten days out and it hasn't quote-unquote fallen off the truck yet? Everybody's happy. It's 2008 and it's part of how it is these days, so it's fine. We're happy"

Words i never thought Lars would utter honestly.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2003 on: September 03, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

an idea for live concerts perform all of the unforgivens in a row
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2004 on: September 03, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »

That would be interesting except only the first two sound remotely alike.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2005 on: September 03, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »

just the whole trilogy as one big song
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2006 on: September 03, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »

just the whole trilogy as one big song

It would have been a lot cooler if they had worked it out like that.......but to me Unforgiven II was basically just a nu-metalish copy of the first song to mix with the flow of ReLoad.  Unforgiven III could have been the grand finale and such a beautiful ending to a trilogy.  I think maybe they could work something out with I and III though as to fade out of I acoustically into the piano intro to III.........now that would be swell.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2007 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »

each song does lead into each other
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2008 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »

My Favorite right now is "The End Of The Line' that song kicks too much ass. This is a perfect running/workout CD also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2009 on: September 03, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »

My Favorite right now is "The End Of The Line' that song kicks too much ass. This is a perfect running/workout CD also.

i'll try that tomorrow Smiley
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2010 on: September 03, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »

Very good album by Metallica, The Judas Kiss has some sick guitarwork peace
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:02:42 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2011 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:32 PM »

Yes i loved judas kiss. I'm loving broken beat and scarred too.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2012 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

Yes i loved judas kiss. I'm loving broken beat and scarred too.

That's my favorite by far.............the new theme song to my life.  I popped it in at the gym down at our station and EVERYONE was digging it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2013 on: September 03, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »

Good to hear everyone is loving this album. Metallica is definitely back with this one.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2014 on: September 03, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »

This is where the music industry is way behind the times and their fault shit gets leaked.

The album is READY NOW but we have to wait till Sept 12th? WHY? if the stores already have it, why not let them sell it?

If they send it and let them sell it immediately it doesn't leak.

I DL it ONLY  because I wasn't able to buy it. Had it been for sale today, I would've bought it today instead of Downloading. I'll still buy it, but I wonder how many won't now?

The album showcases some of the best riffs/solos I've heard in a long time. Really makes All of today's guitar playing sound so amateurish and shitty.

The riffs, the way they change constantly, are some of Metallica's best therefore some of the best I've heard in music.

Unforgiven III is really growing on me also. Very nicely done.

I still havent learned all the names, but 2,3, Judas kiss, Cyanide, Day That Never Comes all are bad ass.

The end of the line kind of sounds like the riff they had on the Some Kind of Monster DVD........ Did they bring it back and redo it to make it kick ass or am I hearing things? Its during that part where Lars is saying its Stock and all that.......

not sure. Kirk's Solo is fucking Ungodly in this song. HOLY SHIT

U don't know what Great guitar playing is till u hear this fucking CD.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:53:34 PM by D » Logged

campos
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2015 on: September 03, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »

No filler
All killer beer

They want to save rock music again ok

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2016 on: September 03, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »

This is where the music industry is way behind the times and their fault shit gets leaked.

The album is READY NOW but we have to wait till Sept 12th? WHY? if the stores already have it, why not let them sell it?

I DL it ONLY  because I wasn't able to buy it. Had it been for sale today, I would've bought it today instead of Downloading. I'll still buy it, but I wonder how many won't now?

The album showcases some of the best riffs/solos I've heard in a long time. Really makes All of today's guitar playing sound so amateurish and shitty.

The riffs, the way they change constantly, are some of Metallica's best therefore some of the best I've heard in music.

I still havent learned all the names, but 2,3, Judas kiss, Cyanide, Day That Never Comes all are bad ass.

The end of the line kind of sounds like the riff they had on the Some Kind of Monster DVD........ Did they bring it back and redo it to make it kick ass or am I hearing things? Its during that part where Lars is saying its Stock and all that.......

Well actually i think the leak came from france were it was sold early but you're right i think it still would've leaked by early next week.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2017 on: September 03, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

So what you're saying is - you advocate piracy?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2018 on: September 03, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »

I don't advocate not buying it but Its ridiculous that an album is finished for months and labels have it *Worldwide same day release was the plan* but yet drag their ass releasing it and allow  a leak to happen.

Im still gonna buy the album Sept 12th but its a shame I had to DL it when it easily could've already been for sale.

GNRFAN20
« Reply #2019 on: September 04, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »

i got my tickets for the 18th
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: