Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485403 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1880 on: September 02, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »

New single called Cyanide is out. DLing just now....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1881 on: September 02, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »

the whole album just leaked on warez.bb
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1882 on: September 02, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »

METALLICA: Best Buy-Exclusive Version Of New Album To Include 'Guitar Hero' Bonus Tracks - Aug. 31, 2008

If you order METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", from Best Buy, you will get 11 exclusive bonus tracks for the Xbox 360 game Guitar Hero III and free shipping.

For more information, see the flyer below or go to this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103819

i know gnrfan20 will get this so he can get those guitar hero tracks  rofl
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1883 on: September 02, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »

i dont play guitar hero anymore
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1884 on: September 02, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »

METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic' Reviewed By ROLLING STONE Magazine - Sep. 2, 2008

Rolling Stone's Brian Hiatt has posted a review of METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", at this location. He writes, "Half of 'Death Magnetic''s tracks are over seven minutes long, with song structures that are not so much "verse/chorus/verse" as 'long intro/heavy jam/verse/even heavier jam/chorus/bridge/wild solo/outro.' This feels like the right move for an era where Guitar Hero is the new rock radio. And it's not as if Top 40 stations were going to slip in METALLICA between CHRIS BROWN and the JONAS BROTHERS, anyway. These songs rarely feel too long: At their best, they combine the melodic smarts of METALLICA's mature work with the fully armed-and-operational battle power of their early days. 'The End of the Line' is a freight-train rocker with a ricocheting riff and lyrics about a doomed, drug-addicted star. It builds to a frantic guitar duel between Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield, a wah-wah-crazed solo and, finally, a bridge that feels like an entirely new song. And the spectacular 'All Nightmare Long' ? a thematic sequel of sorts to 'Enter Sandman' ? combines relentless 'Master of Puppets' guitars with a Black Album-worthy chorus."

Read the entire review at RollingStone.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103930

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1885 on: September 02, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »

Death Magnetic just leaked...on various sites.
I like it from what I've heard so far.. ok
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:14:23 PM by cotis » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1886 on: September 02, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »

Yep its all over. I've already found it but can't decide if i wanna listen or not. To listen or wait.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1887 on: September 02, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

i would love to get that coffin box set thing, that sounds bad ass headbanger

i really hope i can go see them when they come to Omaha in Nov. 6th

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1888 on: September 02, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »

Yeah i'm gonna get the coffin box one. Its 30 dollars and a bestbuy exclusive but all thats included in it is so worth it to me.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1889 on: September 02, 2008, 10:11:30 PM »

where can i get the coffin box from?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1890 on: September 02, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

bestbuy exclusive only man. its 29.99 comes out same day as the regular cd.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1891 on: September 02, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

Ok first impression of the album. Best album in nearly 20 yrs. Definitely best since the black album

that was your life: It has a very MOP sound to it with its riffs and all.

the end of the line: It reminds me a lot of creeping death

broken beat & scarred sounds like a mix of black album and older stuff

the day that never comes: i still can't make myself like this song. the song structure is just all wrong to me. its intro/verse/chorus/verse/solo. a solo should just not be stuck at the end like that.

all nightmare long: this sounds like you'd find it on kill em all with lyrics you'd probably find on the black album.

Cyanide: I really like this one. It sounds like like a combo of the load stuff with older heavier riffs. its got catchy lyrics that get stuck in your head.

unforgiven III: this sounds like something off load/reload but much better. sounds nothing like the first two unforgivens. killer guitar solo

the judas kiss: this has a very no remorse sounding riff with black albumesque lyrics. this is one of the best songs on the album imo.

suicide and redemption: this honestly sounds like nothing they've done before to me. i can't think of one thing they've done it sounds even remotely like. it has a very cool riff though i'm really digging it. awesome intro solo. no lyrics 6 minutes in their first instrumental in over 20yrs? yes! we have our first instrumental metallica song in over 20 yrs and its a fucking great one!

my apocalypse: this one sounds very kill em all very hard thrash metal. very good song imo

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1892 on: September 02, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »

thats not the same thing sir.

I think the coffin box is only going to be threw their site.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1893 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »

Ok first impression of the album. Best album in nearly 20 yrs. Definitely best since the black album

the day that never comes: i still can't make myself like this song. the song structure is just all wrong to me. its intro/verse/chorus/verse/solo. a solo should just not be stuck at the end like that.

all nightmare long: this sounds like you'd find it on kill em all with lyrics you'd probably find on the black album.

Cyanide: I really like this one. It sounds like like a combo of the load stuff with older heavier riffs. its got catchy lyrics that get stuck in your head.

unforgiven III: this sounds like something off load/reload but much better. sounds nothing like the first two unforgivens. killer guitar solo

the judas kiss: this has a very no remorse sounding riff with black albumesque lyrics. this is one of the best songs on the album imo.

suicide and redemption: this honestly sounds like nothing they've done before to me. i can't think of one thing they've done it sounds even remotely like. it has a very cool riff though i'm really digging it. awesome intro solo. no lyrics 6 minutes in their first instrumental in over 20yrs? yes! we have our first instrumental metallica song in over 20 yrs and its a fucking great one!

my apocalypse: this one sounds very kill em all very hard thrash metal. very good song imo

Good review, you've got me sold.  I haven't heard the songs in full, except the 3 songs that hit the net the past few days, but I like what I've heard from all the snippets.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1894 on: September 02, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »

Hmm are you sure about that?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1895 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »

damn only $30 for that coffin thing? thats a hell of a deal, i was gonna expect to pay at least $45.

but $30 is much better Smiley

this may be a stupid question but how many singles does Metallica have out on the radio? cause i know i've heard like half of one but then i heard another one today and was like "this can't be the same one can it headscratch "

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1896 on: September 02, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »

I think so . the best buy thing is the one with the guitar hero track pack .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1897 on: September 02, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »

Good review, you've got me sold.  I haven't heard the songs in full, except the 3 songs that hit the net the past few days, but I like what I've heard from all the snippets.

If you can't wait another 10 days i'd download it. Its very very good i thought. It blows st. anger into a billion little pieces and is better than load or reload by quite a bit.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1898 on: September 02, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »

I think so . the best buy thing is the one with the guitar hero track pack .

ah well no matter how i have to get it i'll get it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1899 on: September 02, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »

damn only $30 for that coffin thing? thats a hell of a deal, i was gonna expect to pay at least $45.

but $30 is much better Smiley

this may be a stupid question but how many singles does Metallica have out on the radio? cause i know i've heard like half of one but then i heard another one today and was like "this can't be the same one can it headscratch "

Actually i'm not sure if thats it now. That might just be the one with the 11 bonus tracks for guitar hero III
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: