Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485291 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1820 on: August 22, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »

Right the fuck on , Civil Attitude.

everybody has to find something to bitch about it's the human nature .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #1821 on: August 22, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »

Awell!!! Im gonna greet the album with anticipation for new music from a band that i enjoy greatly.. if I like it.. then its worth it.. if it doesnt do ti for me.. then i find somehting else to listen to... no need to go on a war path! I say... "fuck it!"

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1822 on: August 22, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »

METALLICA: Fifth 'Death Magnetic' Sample Posted Online - Aug. 22, 2008

A fifth short audio sample of a new METALLICA song has been posted on the group's official web site: Windows Media, Real Media.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103341

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1823 on: August 22, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »

I think they are trying too hard to be Pop like the black album and hard like And Justice and Im not sure u can do that.

Maybe the songs will sound better from the CD *Ill still buy it* on a good sound system but that leak......... Yikes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1824 on: August 22, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »

"Pop like the Black album"?  Hmmm, dont think so. Black album is far from pop.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1825 on: August 22, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »

METALLICA Representative Addresses Complaints Over 'The Day' Sound Quality - Aug. 22, 2008

A representative for METALLICA's Mission: Metallica web site ? the online experience related to the group's forthcoming album, "Death Magnetic" ? has sent out an e-mail message to the site's registered members regarding the sound quality of the new METALLICA single, "The Day That Never Comes". According to one METALLICA fan, "there have been reports of loud distortion, as well as clipping in the song. At first it wasn't a big deal until the version being played on radio as well as the one on iTunes had the same problem. I, along with many others, wrote e-mails to Mission: Metallica as they have a history of providing great tech support. Well, they have responded and sent an e-mail to the fans who wrote them."

The Mission: Metallica e-mail reads as follows:

"METALLICA fans,

"My name is Benjamin. I work in fan support for Mission: Metallica.

"I am sorry for the bulk e-mail, but we've heard from quite a few of you regarding the sound quality on the single release of 'The Day That Never Comes'.

"The source of the problem, as you might imagine, goes all the way back to the creation of the track from master ? but this is not how it will sound on the album.

"We've identified the source of the problem to prevent it in any subsequent singles released in advance of September 12.

"If we can have another one put together and sent out prior to that date, there may be a higher-quality release of 'The Day That Never Comes' made available, but I can't guarantee it at this time."

It should be noted that "The Day That Never Comes" is no longer being made available for streaming on METALLICA's official MySpace page, although it's not clear if this is related to the sound-quality issues described above.

METALLICA delivered "The Day That Never Comes" on Thursday (August 21) to radio stations nationwide. The song is taken from the band's upcoming album, "Death Magnetic", and clocks in at a hefty seven minutes and 56 seconds. Drummer Lars Ulrich told The Pulse of Radio that the rest of the tunes on the CD don't get much shorter than that. "This is not three-, four-minute little ditties. These are, pretty much all of them are, quote, 'epics.' Most of them are seven, eight minutes, I think there's one at six, you know, but it's that type of stuff. When I think of those (METALLICA) records from the '80s, I think of the songs being journeys that take you to all these different places and different musical landscapes and all that type of stuff, and this is kind of what these songs do."

"Death Magnetic" arrives in stores worldwide on September 12 in a variety of digital and physical configurations, ranging from a straight download to a deluxe "coffin box" edition.

METALLICA will play two shows in Europe to celebrate the CD's release, both of them with low ticket prices. The group will perform in Berlin on September 12 to open the new O2 arena there, with tickets going for $14. Next the quartet will head to London for a September 15 show at that city's O2 arena, with tickets costing around $9. Both shows are open to fan club members only. Proceeds from both gigs will go to local charities.

The band will kick off its first indoor North American tour on October 21 in Glendale, Arizona, with shows booked through the end of January.

"The Day That Never Comes" audio (entire song):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103363

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1826 on: August 22, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »

I think they are trying too hard to be Pop like the black album and hard like And Justice and Im not sure u can do that.

Maybe the songs will sound better from the CD *Ill still buy it* on a good sound system but that leak......... Yikes
dude thats the worst part!
is not a leak
is the official single realase from metallica.com

"Pop like the Black album"?  Hmmm, dont think so. Black album is far from pop.
the black album is the most pop album from metallica is no pop per se.. but in the metallica context, with the whole thrash legacy behind was a commercial and pop album

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1827 on: August 22, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »

The lack of thrash does not make it pop. Nor does the amount of units sold.  The Black Album is  metal at its finest.
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1828 on: August 22, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »

The lack of thrash does not make it pop. Nor does the amount of units sold.  The Black Album is  metal at its finest.

+1
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1829 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »

TBA is the last album they've put out thats worth buying.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1830 on: August 22, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »

My views of the post 80s stuff went back and forth but these days I really enjoy Black, Load/ReLoad, Garage Inc. and S & M.  Overall really good stuff, different yes and I'll always prefer the earlier stuff but there is much strong material to me found in these albums.  Some of their cover choices and performances are really good, Turn the Page and Tuesdays Gone especially.  With Load and ReLoad both albums are solid, obviously you could cut some of the fat and make a good sized even better album, but people's issue wouldn't die with it, you get to their status and fans believe they know the people so when they find out Hetfield likes country and the band decide they want haircuts they piss lots of people off but for me it doesnt change tracks like Here of the Day and Mama Said being strong, although they don't tick the boxes people (Metallica fans) expect them to.  S & M some songs probably were best left alone, but the new track No Leaf Clover, it's one of my favourite tracks from their entire back catalogue.  The only album that I'm pretty certain will never grow on me is St. Anger, at first I was indifferent with it, I even tried to find positives with it, but a few minutes ago I tried listening to it again, I thought I'd start with the title track, the one track I did really like when I first heard it, but heck I switched that off pretty quickly, still baffles me what they were thinking, there's becoming past it, not being quite as good as you were and then there's damn skippy, the album doesn't compute. no
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1831 on: August 22, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »

+1
im not saying that is pop
by pop i mean commercial
the songs structures, the mix, the production...!

if you dont understand
i will have to make you a draw

SLASH
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1832 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »

METALLICA: Soundboard-Quality Audio Of 'Cyanide' From Arras Available - Aug. 22, 2008

A soundboard-quality audio version of the new METALLICA song called "Cyanide" recorded during the band's August 14, 2008 headlining performance at the Rock en France festival at Grand d'Arras in Arras, France is available for streaming below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103375

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1833 on: August 23, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »

METALLICA: 'The Day That Never Comes' Video Preview Available - Aug. 23, 2008

A short preview of the video for METALLICA's new single, "The Day That Never Comes", can be viewed below. The clip was shot last month in Acton, California (about an hour's drive north of Los Angeles) and is expected to make its online debut soon.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103382

GNRFAN20
« Reply #1834 on: August 23, 2008, 01:45:12 AM »

cool dude thanks for all the updates
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1835 on: August 23, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

It's definitely a more pop album. The drum tracks when compared to other albums of that time are much more mainstream, especially with the excessive cymbal usage. And lyrically it's less offensive then anything they had done to that point. "justice is raped..." to "things that will bite".

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1836 on: August 23, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »

and that was my point

SLASH
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1837 on: August 23, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »

METALLICA: Sixth 'Death Magnetic' Sample Posted Online - Aug. 23, 2008

A sixth short audio sample of a new METALLICA song has been posted on the group's official web site: Windows Media, Real Media.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103403

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1838 on: August 23, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »

I don't think it's that bad.

From the clips I heard it's great intros, the beat is heavy, the music progresses and the rythm changes. Melodic vocals too.
It's sounds very much like good old Metallica.

I am very intrested in hearing the guitarsolos peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1839 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

a few days later the song has grown on me a little bit.    there are some excellent bits here and there, and while I think its better than St. Anger and most of the stuff post-black album, it isn't as good as a lot of the current metal songs like Slipknot's Psychosocial or Disturbed's new stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: