Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485413 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1800 on: August 21, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »

eh.. not to impressed so far.

maybe cyanide is better?

I think Cyanide is better. There's a better quality version of Cyanide on their myspace.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1801 on: August 21, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »

Cyanide I am still going to wait for the studio version to judge.   

Lars's drumming has gotten so bad over the years.
ben9785
« Reply #1802 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »

Only had one listen as yet, will wait for my break to give it a better listen..
But sounds very promising. I think the first half of the song is great, with a bit of a load/reload vibe
And then the second half reminds me of something from "...And Justice For All".
At this time just one criticism I have; those thrash riffs give a good dynamic but dont really serve the first half of the song musically, kind of like cutting and pasting two different songs together
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1803 on: August 22, 2008, 12:41:06 AM »

Glad Lars lost the St Anger snare drum. That was just annoying. Nice to hear a lead guitar also.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1804 on: August 22, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »

good thing no more snare drum and yes the solos are definately back
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1805 on: August 22, 2008, 01:51:46 AM »

the song is mediocre!
no creativity at all!
is better than st anger.. but is not good by any meanings
the drumming is horrible and the whole song sounds tired
they lost it!  crying

also the production sucks!
the mix is horrible!
the guitar tone is so trivium that makes me wanna puke

sad day for metal fans

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1806 on: August 22, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »

Dave Mustaine must be feeling pretty damn good right now.

Most of the songs on United Abominations are better then this song.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1807 on: August 22, 2008, 03:37:21 AM »

After a second listen i still don't really like it. The first part is very good i think but then it just turns into a bunch of sloppy riffs and solos that really don't go with the song and feel like they were just thrown in there. The very start of the solo actually sounds like I disappear.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1808 on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:14 AM »

I quite like the two new songs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1809 on: August 22, 2008, 06:15:22 AM »

I think I fell asleep at the 4 minute mark......

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1810 on: August 22, 2008, 07:26:19 AM »

I think I fell asleep at the 4 minute mark......

Yeah about there its nothing but riffs and solos and its like what's the fucking point? I have no problem with solos but they just sound forced and stuffed in there and i still swear i hear the i disappear riff in there.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:29:20 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #1811 on: August 22, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »

Some of you people Amaze the complete fuck out of me.....  Roll Eyes

seriosuly i would love to listen to you comment on every song every released by any band other than guns n roses... its like.. no other music.. or style is even comparable or can hold a candle to anything that has already been done...

do you expect 2 have an orgasm while listening or what??  its metallica... its good shit...

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1812 on: August 22, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »

do you expect 2 have an orgasm while listening or what??  its metallica... its good shit...

But, at the end of the day, shit is still just that.

Shit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1813 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

seriosuly i would love to listen to you comment on every song every released by any band other than guns n roses... its like.. no other music.. or style is even comparable or can hold a candle to anything that has already been done...

Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium is a fantastic album, I get excited every Bon Jovi and Prince album, so Its not "if it isnt GNR it sucks:

Basically, Metallica, and I've listened to a lot of them the past year, they are a one trick pony with ZERO diversity. Every song is the same theme. Slow, fast, faster, work off the open E sing about the same kind of thing only now it comes nowhere near as rocking because they aren't Metallica anymore, they are a bunch of rich old guys trying to imitate what Metallica once was.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1814 on: August 22, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »

Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium is a fantastic album, I get excited every Bon Jovi and Prince album, so Its not "if it isnt GNR it sucks:

Basically, Metallica, and I've listened to a lot of them the past year, they are a one trick pony with ZERO diversity. Every song is the same theme. Slow, fast, faster, work off the open E sing about the same kind of thing only now it comes nowhere near as rocking because they aren't Metallica anymore, they are a bunch of rich old guys trying to imitate what Metallica once was.
Is there a thread on this board where you haven't mentioned Bon Jovi Tongue  I mean I know you get stick for liking them and they are often slated but you really go looking for it bringing up their name over and over....

.....Metallica, no diversity, do me a lemon.

As for the new stuff, I'm holding back for the album release to listen to it properly, although going off people's comments the response isn't too great.

Some Kind of Monster is on tv over here this weekend so I'm finally going to see it.  From what I've heard its worth watching, although a friend of mine told me if I like them don't watch it because I'll finish the program thinking they are a bunch of dicks.  Should be a laugh anyway, liking a band personally has never bothered me, as long as I like the music it's all good.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1815 on: August 22, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »

I havent mentioned them in the wrestling section but u never know when I'll pop up and say so and so is the Bon Jovi of wrestling!

Some Kind of Monster is awesome and I dont think it makes them look bad. I actually like the members, Im just not a huge fan of their music.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1816 on: August 22, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »

yeah is not that i hate everything that is not gnr!
dude i have like 1500 metal albums
i even liked the latest linkin park album
but when an album/songs is bad.. is just bad!
you cant do anything... you may like it but it is still bad

like you d said.. metallica is one trick pony.. they just dont have creativity, the whole song sounds forced
i maybe dont like load.. but the band seemed to have a good time
but now sounds fake.. trying to revive old days

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Civil Attitude
Headliner

« Reply #1817 on: August 22, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

Man i dunno which point 2 argue.. its like... "metallica sounds the same, no diversity" every damn album sounds completely different from the first... through instrumentals.. hets voice.. lyrics... it changes.. im not trying to start a war here.. but wtf do you want form metallica??? Estranged? Stair way to heaven? free bird? I mean.. they are who they are....
People bitch becasue they changed their sound from puppets to justice.. to black.. and then the load/reload albums.. and right on down the line.... people basically bitch just to bitch.. and if you dont like metallica dont listen ot them.. or read posts concerning them!

For instance i hate... no wait scratch that.. I absolutely despise and fuckin hate with all my heart, Dave mathews band...Sooooooo, i dont listen to them, i change the song when they come on, an di dont read about them or post in forums concerning them!!!

As far as one trick pony pony.. I whole heartedly dissagree... you cant honestly tell me every song is about the same thing or sounds the same...  come on... seriously   hihi

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Civil Attitude
Headliner

« Reply #1818 on: August 22, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

oh by the way i wasnt trying 2 single out the whole board by implying that everyone only listens to guns here.... but it jsut seems like theyre is sooooo much animosity towards alot of other bands... I listen to ALOT  of different shit.. people pick up my ipod and look at me and go "james blunt, Pantera, Elton jon... wtf do you listen to?" Huh

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1819 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »

The production on this track is awful, and the vocals and lyrics are pretty weak.  Honestly, every time Metallica releases an album there's all this talk about how they're going back to the "old" Metallica and it never even comes close to happening.  The go out of their way to say this stuff which raises expectations

Unfortunately they just don't have much versatility as songwriters and the inspiration seems to be gone.  Hetfield's voice, which was never great, gets worse on every release.  His vocal "melodies" are tired and boring.  Forget Kill Em All and Lightning, if I thought they were capable of producing an album in the same style as Black that was 70% as good I would still be interested.  But this new song lacks texture, creativity, and worst of all it's boring.  I'll still preview the album because I know friends who will buy it the first day no matter what, and if it's better than this first glimpse I'll buy it but I'm not expecting it to be great. 

I don't think my demands of music are too high.  All I need is something, anything, that entertains me.  I listen to everything out there so I'm not closeminded at all.  It can be complex and challenging, or simple as fuck, as long as there's SOMETHING there that makes it interesting and/or fun to listen to.  As long as it elicits some sort of emotional response, whether it's connecting to the lyrics, getting you amped, making you want to punch something, or putting you in a good mood.  That's been gone from Metallica's music for me for a while, and continues with this song.  Megadeth's last album crushed anything Metallica's done in a decade.  Hell, even the last WASP album was better.  It was cheesy but it was heavy, melodic, catchy and actually FUN to listen to
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:35:42 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: