Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485542 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1680 on: June 16, 2008, 07:14:26 PM »

dumb album title but I read an interview in Rolling Stone and it sounds very very fucking promising. Ill definitely buy it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1681 on: June 16, 2008, 07:16:36 PM »

well, pardon me
are you a troll patrlolling message boards?

go worship slash and go smoke a pole

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1682 on: June 26, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »

I've finally gotten onto the Mission Metallica site (free to fan club members such as myself) with my new high-speed internet connection, and watched a shitload of videos that they've put up on there of them working on the new album.

I gotta say, I've been apprehensive about what I've heard of their new stuff, but my jaw dropped to the floor with some of the snippets of the new songs I heard. They're coming up with some absolutely killer new music. They sound re-invigorated and really inspired again.

Can't wait to get this new album. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1683 on: June 28, 2008, 10:05:39 PM »

I've finally gotten onto the Mission Metallica site (free to fan club members such as myself) with my new high-speed internet connection, and watched a shitload of videos that they've put up on there of them working on the new album.

I gotta say, I've been apprehensive about what I've heard of their new stuff, but my jaw dropped to the floor with some of the snippets of the new songs I heard. They're coming up with some absolutely killer new music. They sound re-invigorated and really inspired again.

I love videos of bands workin on albums. How in depth are they? if so, Id buy a membership just to watch.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1684 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

I love videos of bands workin on albums. How in depth are they? if so, Id buy a membership just to watch.

The videos are generally pretty short, and there's allot of talking and stuff with snippets of music here and there.
I dunno if I'd pay if I wasn't already getting into the site for free, but there's new videos/photos uploaded everyday as well as some full concerts for download.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1685 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »

Ihave been listening to the song "Frantic" a lot and I must say, for me this song holds up well with Metallica's 80's stuff. Not quite that level but it to me is the best thing they've done since the Black album.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1686 on: July 15, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »

METALLICA DEATH MAGNETIC MODERN VERSION OF AND JUSTICE FOR ALL?

July 14, 2008 -

Metallica is putting the finishing touches on their highly anticipated album 'Death Magnetic' and it was recently revealed that the album will be released as a box set with a demos disc, DVD, T Shirt and other collectibles. The record, which is set for a release in September of 2008 was recorded at the bands studio in the Bay Area and was produced by the legendary Rick Rubin.

We caught up with Metallica's lead guitarist, Kirk Hammett recently to get his thoughts on the album being completely different from anything they've done in the past, although he did compare it to a more modern, less progressive version of 'And Justice for All.'

"Completely different.  I couldn't even begin to tell you.  We're playing around with the fact that we have a new band member who is just an amazing musician, that being Robert Trujillo.  We're tapping into a lot of the things he has to offer, which is quite a bit and the music is landing in a different spot.  I would like to say that it's somewhere around where 'And Justice For All' was but not as progressive.  But then again, it sounds modern at the same time, to me."

Hammett also went on to add there were no psychiatrists and head doctors needed during the recording of 'Death Magnetic' and with Rubin's hands off approach to producing, the band were clearly more focused and for that reason, the album is sounding good.

"No wacky Doctors, there isn't even a producer there you know living every second of studio time with us.  It's just us four and maybe a guitar tech and maybe a guy to answer the front door.  But it's great because we can just totally focus and we get good results quickly too.  And we're all pysched because it sounds good."

The 'Death Magnetic' box set, dubbed the "coffin box," features a demo CD, a "making of" documentary DVD, a T-shirt, guitar picks, a Metallica flag and a poster.  Metallica are also releasing a special edition version via the band's website for their fans, which arrives with a code redeemable for a download of a special European show happening in September.  Look for the band to announce a definitive September release date in the near future.  Metallica are set to start a brief European run of tour dates beginning July 16th in Norway and extending until August 24th in The U.K.  The band does have one U.S. show booked, which is the bands performance at Ozzfest in Texas on August 8th.  Also slated to perform at Ozzfest, which is a one off show in 2008 instead of a full blown tour are Ozzy Osbourne, Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (Korn), Sevendust, Devil Driver and Drowning Pool, to name just a few.

Video interview: http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=5081&z=98

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1687 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »

Sounds like a damn good package, I wish all bands when releasing an album would present a package like that and in this day and age it might be a good idea in an effort to work against people just downloading (and I mean legally to), I don't want the CD to die.

I like what's being said about the new album, I hope it lives up to expectations, not to be negative but I remember in the lead upto St. Anger references to going back to their roots and being like their 80s stuff, and clearly they were way off the mark with that, no wacky doctors anymore though, so all should be good hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1688 on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »

METALLICA: 'Death Magnetic' Cover Artwork Revealed - July 17, 2008

The cover artwork for METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101077

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1689 on: July 17, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

METALLICA: 'Death Magnetic' Cover Artwork Revealed - July 17, 2008

The cover artwork for METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101077

pretty fukn cool IMO
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1690 on: July 17, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

haha old high school science days metal'd up.

html sucks
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1691 on: July 17, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

aw man that ablum cover is about to shit  rofl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: July 17, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

Some people have posted on blabbermouth that it looks like a woman's private parts... hihi

I think it looks pretty cool. It looks a bit like a fingerprint, or those old magnetic field tests we did back in science class in school. AND a return of the old logo!!!! beer

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1693 on: July 17, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »

i think it looks like a fingerprint too, and in it there's a hole for a casket, purrty cool iMO
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #1694 on: July 18, 2008, 08:08:31 AM »

I think is cool,  it makes sense.  Death (casket)  Magnetic (pussy) ok 

Oh! by the way ...enjoy guys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZBnZexM6E    ok

If the world would end today... Wink
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #1695 on: July 18, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »

the album cover is so cool they probably got the cover art first said, hmm what can we name the album  Grin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1696 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »

METALLICA has revealed the official track listing (in the final running order) for its new album, "Death Magnetic". It is as follows:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1697 on: July 23, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

UNFORGIVEN 3? JESUS GOD NO.

Other than that, looks cool.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1698 on: July 23, 2008, 12:35:32 PM »

Yeah bout to say the same thing....... Unforgiven III? WTF?

Oh well.

I am definitely buyin the boxset. I love making of DVDS.

hopefully Axl's paying attention and has a boxset deal like this.

Lets hope u dont have to be a member of their website to buy the damned thing.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1699 on: July 23, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

METALLICA has revealed the official track listing (in the final running order) for its new album, "Death Magnetic". It is as follows:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse
Very lame.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: