Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485701 times)
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1560 on: January 06, 2008, 11:36:55 AM »

when is this new record gonna be out? Im kind of excited after reading some of these posts. I saw them on what I believe was the Reload tour in Phoenix AZ. Awesome show, I was right in the front on the rail. Days of the New and Jerry Cantrell were the opening acts, both of which I love. Great show.

Sometime this year hopefully
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1561 on: January 06, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »

soon. guitar world just did a sneak preview of it
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1562 on: January 06, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

soon. guitar world just did a sneak preview of it

What did they say about it?

Last I heard, the album wasn't going to be out untill around mayish

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1563 on: January 06, 2008, 05:37:22 PM »

sure this has been covered, but WTF is up with Hetfields live voice? All high pitched and shit
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1564 on: January 06, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »

sure this has been covered, but WTF is up with Hetfields live voice? All high pitched and shit

Yeah, it's a shame cause I saw them a bunch of times in the mid to late 90's and I still think out of the literally hundred or so bands I have seen live they may have been the greatest. But everything I have heard of them live (especially the skom EP) and from what peole tell me they sound like shit in concert lately. My friends have specifically commented on Het's live voice. Like I said it's a shame. And by that they sure could use that monster growl of Newsted's live right now. I love on B&P when he sings Whiplash.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #1565 on: January 06, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »

Yeah, it's a shame cause I saw them a bunch of times in the mid to late 90's and I still think out of the literally hundred or so bands I have seen live they may have been the greatest. But everything I have heard of them live (especially the skom EP) and from what peole tell me they sound like shit in concert lately. My friends have specifically commented on Het's live voice. Like I said it's a shame. And by that they sure could use that monster growl of Newsted's live right now. I love on B&P when he sings Whiplash.

So true.
I like Rob. I think hes a great bass player but he doesn't have the energy or voice like Jason had. Jason was the best part about live Metallica in the mid 90's. He always got the crowd even more nuts then a Metallica crowd should be

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1566 on: January 07, 2008, 03:39:37 AM »

So true.
I like Rob. I think hes a great bass player but he doesn't have the energy or voice like Jason had. Jason was the best part about live Metallica in the mid 90's. He always got the crowd even more nuts then a Metallica crowd should be

peace
I can't stand Rob, he just looks like a big stupid ape on stage.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #1567 on: January 07, 2008, 05:04:43 AM »

So true.

peace
I can't stand Rob, he just looks like a big stupid ape on stage.

LOL

Did you notice that no-one in Metallica headbangs ever since Jason left? I was watching some video today on youtube from the 06 and 03 tours and tell ya what, Metallica don't do a whole lot on stage anymore.

I love Metallica and will always go see Metallica when they come to my country but their stage show is nothing to what it was 7 or so years ago.

There is no comparison to a Guns N' Roses show. I went to 8 GN'R shows last year and the energetic performace we got in Perth carried out for the rest of the tour. Richard, Ron, Robin and Tommy use the space on the stage so much, mainly Richard, where as James, Kirk and Rob really don't do alot as a performance.

They don't run around, they walk alot but there is no real energy in their performance.
The music is still awesome though but I think the energy that Jason had was embraced by the rest of the band and when they lost him they lost that energy too.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1568 on: January 09, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »

So true.

peace

Yeah, first concert I ever went to was 1997, Metallica. I was 12 years old and they opened with "So What", and then they went into "Creeping Death" right away. During the break down after the solo Jason was the one who got the whole crowd going with the DIE! chant. I Had fucking goosebumps it was so fucking cool. Then he backed up het beautifully with the "Mutherfucker DIE" underneath his vocals.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1569 on: January 12, 2008, 09:43:40 AM »

METALLICA and MACHINE HEAD have been confirmed for the Rock In Rio Lisboa festival, set to take place May 30-31 and June 6-8 in Lisbon, Portugal. Both bands will perform on June 5, with METALLICA headlining the day-long event. More acts will be announced soon.

Upcoming METALLICA shows:

May 28 - Chorzow, Poland - Slaski Stadium
May 30 - Landgraaf, Netherlands - Pinkpop
Jun. 03 - Prague, Czech Republic - Slavia Stadium
Jun. 05 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock In Rio Lisboa
Jun. 07 - N?rburgring, Germany - Rock Am Ring
Jun. 08 - N?rnberg, Germany - Rock Im Park

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1570 on: January 12, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

Wow I love both of those bands. I think Im like the only person who loves their album "The Burning Red"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1571 on: January 23, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »

A representative for METALLICA's management has responded to a report on StereoWarning.com which claimed that "sources from the band's record label" have said that the group's new album has "been delayed again" to a September release. The representative told The Pulse of Radio that the disc has not been "delayed" since there "has never been an actual release date." As for when the record was likely to surface, the representative said, "It will be out when it's ready."

METALLICA began working on its ninth studio album in 2006. Since then the group has taken its time to write and record the new disc, but drummer Lars Ulrich told The Pulse of Radio it isn't hard to stay inspired even 25 years into the band's career. "I don't use the word 'career,' 'hunger,' I use more words like 'fun,'" he said. "As long as we keep it fun for ourselves and keep it kind of manageable, the days of the word 'career' and the business and, I don't know, it just seems kind of part of the past. Now it's just about, like, having fun and wanting to do it. You know, as long as it doesn't turn into too much work, it's not hard to be inspired."

METALLICA has been recording the new album with producer Rick Rubin after ending a 15-year collaboration with Bob Rock.

The new METALLICA CD will follow up 2003's controversial "St. Anger".

As late as last October, Ulrich said in interviews that he expected the new album to arrive in February of 2008.

METALLICA has booked a number of European festival appearances starting in late May, although it has yet to schedule any North American dates.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1572 on: January 23, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »

wow i was looking forward to this new album in the first half/few months of the year. o well.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1573 on: January 23, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »

Well i'd rather they take their time and get make a good album instead of another st anger.
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1574 on: January 23, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

I'd say theres nothing wrong with his voice.. of course everyones voice change when you get older but all high pitched and SHIT? I've seen them three times live, in 2004, 2006 and 2007 and I think hetfields voice is getting better when comparing those years.. just listen to this, i was at this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EjDK8P2js

sounds great to me  ok

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1575 on: January 25, 2008, 02:15:41 AM »

Here are some European tour dates: (from metallica.com

May 28     
Chorzow, PL
   Slaski Stadium    

May 30    
Landgraaf, NL
   Pinkpop Festival    

May 31    
Getafe, ES
   Electric Weekend    

June 3    
Prague, CZ
   Slavia Stadium    

June 5    
Lisbon, PT
   Rock In Rio    

June 7    
Nurburgring, DE
   Rock Am Ring    

June 8    
Nurnburg, DE
   Rock Im Park    

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1576 on: January 25, 2008, 03:43:25 AM »

Just starting to get into Metallica

bought Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All

These albums are as good as advertised

Fuckin classic! ok

Makes St Anger even more shittier! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1577 on: January 25, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »

Fuckin classic! ok

get Kill em all and the black album....and download the 3 or 4 listenable songs on load and reload
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1578 on: January 25, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »

I'd say theres nothing wrong with his voice.. of course everyones voice change when you get older but all high pitched and SHIT? I've seen them three times live, in 2004, 2006 and 2007 and I think hetfields voice is getting better when comparing those years.. just listen to this, i was at this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EjDK8P2js

sounds great to me  ok
I just dont like the way he sings some of the old songs. He sings them more high pitched and goofy sounding, IMO. That being said, Ill always love Metallica, cant wait for this record, and hope to see them here in Phoenix AZ sometime this year
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1579 on: January 25, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »

Fuckin classic! ok

I suggest listening to the new stuff first and going backwards, that way they get better as you go.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: