Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 486689 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #940 on: January 29, 2006, 11:58:36 PM »

Ok then, be at peace Metallica fans peace? ?On with the praise...The symphony album is decent and intresting....I don't own it though.

Yeah, S&M is a great album, the two new songs on there were great too.
I wish they played some earlier stuff rather than the Load/Reload material, as I thought it would be better suited to the symphony setting.

It'd be interesting to hear S&M versions of Fade To Black, Sanitarium, or even stuff off Kill 'em All like Four Horsemen. Fight Fire With Fire was originally on the setlist too, but it never got played.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Evolution
« Reply #941 on: January 30, 2006, 12:01:17 AM »

I love those two. They should release them as B-Sides, studio versions  Smiley
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #942 on: January 30, 2006, 12:50:12 AM »

I love those two. They should release them as B-Sides, studio versions? Smiley

I don't think there are studio versions in existence, but if you search on Limewire or something, I'm sure you can find the audio of band only (an option on the S&M DVD) playing the songs without the orchestra backing. They almost sound like studio versions too!

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #943 on: January 30, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »

Lars got pissed ON!!!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47396

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #944 on: January 30, 2006, 02:13:15 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi love beer smoking

According to Jason Gagnon of The Daily Cougar, "one brave man made an attempt to urinate on troll METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich" last Friday night (Jan. 20) at a Houston bar "before being tossed out by some of the 'musician's' entourage." Added Gagnon: "I know this isn't as awesome as the guy from the NORTH SIDE KINGS knocking out Danzig, but we should still treat local rocker Bill Fool (bands include BICKLEY and the DOWN 'N' DIRTIES) as a hero for trying to give that Napoleonic little bastard a golden shower.

"Of course, this is hard to believe, but there is photographic evidence of the encounter that is making its way to my mailbox shortly [view photo at this location; picture credit: Tracy Sanchez], and after talking to a barroom of people who witnessed this glorious event, allow me to provide you with a brief explanation of what went down.

"Bill was wasted out of his mind at the bar when some friends notice a rather short fellow who looked an awful lot like Ulrich in a corner. After some recon work, it turns out the guy was in town for the Basquiat exhibit (which you all should go visit on a daily basis) since he owns some of the paintings on display. So, in a moment of divine inspiration, Bill found someone with a camera, walked over to the rock star's table, exposes himself but is unfortunately thrust out of the venue before he could even squeeze out a drop.

"Having known the man for about a decade and having seen him do some pretty outlandish stuff (usually involving his unleashed genitalia), nothing has made me prouder to be his friend than his failed attempt at pulling an R. Kelly on one of the most annoying little jerks in music history. All hail Bill Fool!"

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #945 on: January 30, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »

Ok then, be at peace Metallica fans peace On with the praise...The symphony album is decent and intresting....I don't own it though.

get the hell out and get it then!!
haha, just kidding. I like your pissing story! lol

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #946 on: February 07, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

METALLICA will perform at the RDS in Dublin, Ireland on June 11 as part of their "Escape from the Studio '06" tour
Tickets will be available via Ticketmaster from Thursday, February 16 at 9:00 a.m.

Although it has yet to be officially confirmed, METALLICA are also expected to headline this year's installment of the Download Festival, which is set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. Confirmed acts so far include THE PRODIGY, TRIVIUM and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, with the full lineup expected to be around 100 rock bands over the three days, according to eFestivals.co.uk.

Tickets for Download went on sale on February 3, priced at ?110 for the three days, or ?135 including camping and parking. Campervans cost ?35, and parking is ?5 in advance or ?10 on the day.

I really like the idea of this tour

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #947 on: February 07, 2006, 08:42:41 PM »

METALLICA have posted the following message on their official web site:

"We had such a great time when we did this back in the day in '95, which was . . . eh, like we had planned for '06, a year dedicated to nothing but writing and recording . . . Oh well how the best laid plans can change. So when we were asked, we figured why not do it again!!! Escape from the studio once more and spend our summer vacation hanging out at the coolest live music festivals on the planet.

"Here's what we have so far:

Jun. 03 - Nurburgring, GER - Rock Am Ring Festival
Jun. 04 - Nurnberg, GER - Rock Im Park Festival
Jun. 08 - Arnhem, NETH - Gelredome
Jun. 10 - Donington, UK - Download Festival
Jun. 11 - Dublin, IRE - Download Festival

"Please understand that we're making this up as we go along. We wanna keep you as in the loop as possible, but this shit is literally happening as we are typing, so please watch this space for more info as we get it regarding support acts, potential additional dates, change of something or other not expected as these VERY words are being typed, etc."

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #948 on: February 07, 2006, 08:55:13 PM »

Cool!

I hope they debut some new songs at these shows too. They played Devil's Dance and 2x4 at their Escape from the Studio '95 gigs before Load and Reload were released.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #949 on: February 07, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

Awesome Download has had a decent band added.....

....ok they are only the 4th confirmed act but still this is cool.

This will be my 3rd time of seeing them, last time they did Download (2 years back....) when i saw them Lars was taken to hospital so we had a Roadie (or someone like that...) and the Slayer drummer do a few songs and Joey from Slipknot handle the majority and kick ass, well they did say sorry for cutting the set short (it was meant to be 2+ hours.....ended up being an hour....) and promised to return.  Awesome! headbanger
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #950 on: February 10, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

"It was the size of a shower stall, it was 250 degrees in there with 100 percent humidity, and we were at 8,000 feet of altitude, but for seventy-five minutes, it was a fucking blast," METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told Rolling Stone magazine about the band's surprise Sundance throwdown in Park City, Utah. An estimated 1,500 fans crammed into 800-capacity Harry O's for the January 25 set, which included an ill five-song string of "Sad But True", "Fade to Black", "Master of Puppets", "One" and "Enter Sandman". The boys were in town to support "The Darwin Awards", starring Winona Ryder and Joseph Fiennes ? with a cameo from METALLICA. Aside from one-off festival gigs this summer, the band is carckin' on its follow-up to "St. Anger". "We're not in super-record mode," said Ulrich. "We're having fun, writing, jamming and hanging. It's all good ? no psychiatrists."

METALLICA will perform at Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festivals on June 3 and June 4, in Arnhem, Holland, on June 8, and at Download Festival on June 10 in England and June 11 in Ireland. Frontman James Hetfield told Launch that moving from the recording studio to the stage has become a seamless process for METALLICA."You sit there and you write something together and you go, 'Ah, we belong together. This is right. We can still create magic together,'" he said. "So it's very bonding before we go out onto the stage, too."

METALLICA also have three shows scheduled for March in South Africa.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #951 on: February 10, 2006, 07:08:59 PM »

I dont think Metallica are sure on what to do for the next record. It just feels a little weird and confused when Metallica talk about recording. I really wanna hear a new album.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #952 on: February 10, 2006, 11:42:03 PM »

Yes, I would like to listen to new metallica's music, you know guys something darker, like Unforgiven, I would also like them to be in the Rock IN Rio LISBOA, hopefully with GNR too...
Evolution
« Reply #953 on: February 10, 2006, 11:56:34 PM »

Go back to a Load style album! It would be very successful in today's modern rock climate. Plus I love those Re/Load albums.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #954 on: February 15, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »

This will be my 3rd time of seeing them, last time they did Download (2 years back....) when i saw them Lars was taken to hospital so we had a Roadie (or someone like that...) and the Slayer drummer do a few songs and Joey from Slipknot handle the majority and kick ass, well they did say sorry for cutting the set short (it was meant to be 2+ hours.....ended up being an hour....) and promised to return.? Awesome! headbanger
Do you know if there is a full video of this? I've only watched Jordy on Sandman.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #955 on: February 15, 2006, 09:30:06 PM »

Go back to a Load style album! It would be very successful in today's modern rock climate. Plus I love those Re/Load albums.

I don't like them as much as RTL, MOP, AJFA and the Black one, but they are quite good.
I wouldn't be disappointed if they made another one like those!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #956 on: February 15, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »

I don't like them as much as RTL, MOP, AJFA and the Black one, but they are quite good.
I wouldn't be disappointed if they made another one like those!

That would be awesome but I have no idea what the new shit will be like. I recon will be very produced and lots of solo coz of all the complaints towards SA but the direction is hard to say.
Any Ideas???

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #957 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:10 AM »

Good to hear that they might debut some new songs at these shows! beer

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #958 on: February 16, 2006, 05:44:05 AM »

This will be my 3rd time of seeing them, last time they did Download (2 years back....) when i saw them Lars was taken to hospital so we had a Roadie (or someone like that...) and the Slayer drummer do a few songs and Joey from Slipknot handle the majority and kick ass, well they did say sorry for cutting the set short (it was meant to be 2+ hours.....ended up being an hour....) and promised to return.? Awesome! headbanger
Do you know if there is a full video of this? I've only watched Jordy on Sandman.
Sorry dude, no idea.  I'm guessing there will be some bootleg versions going round, try direct connect or a torrent site or something.......
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #959 on: February 16, 2006, 08:44:37 AM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich recently spoke to Kerrang! magazine (web site) about the band's upcoming headlining appearance at this year's Download festival.

The three-day event, which takes place at Donington Park in England on June 9, 10 and 11, will see the metal titans closing the proceedings on the Saturday evening on the Main Stage. The band headlined 2004's Download festival, but Ulrich was rushed to hospital while the band when en route from Germany, which resulted in him being unable to play and SLIPKNOT's Joey Jordison and SLAYER's Dave Lombardo stepping in to perform sticksman duties.

"My hangnail was hurting, you know?" Ulrich tells Kerrang! of his no-show. "It's been pretty well talked about. I had to lay down, as they say! But it was a pretty strange day hanging out in a German hospital all day while Dave Lombardo's there and Joey Jordison is stepping up too. I just hated the fact that I'd let the guys down, and that I'd let the fans down. So we're coming back to fucking take care of business this time!

"Donington is not only legendary but it's also like a hallowed ground for all things hard rock and metal," he adds. "Every time we get a chance to play there it's awesome. It's going to be fun and it'll be a good chance to clear up all that bullshit from two years ago."

Ulrich also reveals that the band's set will probably contain a few surprises, including some new tracks from the forthcoming follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger", which they are currently working on.

"Obviously going to Donington and not playing 'Master Of Puppets' wouldn't be a very good idea, but we're always playing different shit that we haven't played for years," Ulrich says. "People can definitely count on us for that. We may do a couple of new ones if they're ready and James [Hetfield, frontman] has done some lyrics. If not, the crowd can just sing along going, 'Nana-nana-nanana!'"

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: