Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 487867 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2005, 07:50:45 PM »

Metallica sucks.... some guy in Metallicas behind the music said GNR was in the past... and is sistematically being forgotten... i think GNR is and will always be bigger than Metallica... teloneros
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #541 on: May 19, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

Metallica sucks.... some guy in Metallicas behind the music said GNR was in the past... and is sistematically being forgotten... i think GNR is and will always be bigger than Metallica... teloneros

Metallica have released many albums and played many successful tours since GN'R's last album of new material (TSI).

It's pretty naive to think that Metallica aren't a "big" band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2005, 09:35:55 PM »

Metallica have released many albums and played many successful tours since GN'R's last album of new material (TSI).

Im not saying metallica ait a big band, what im saying is that they arent as big as GNR even today...

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2005, 06:34:47 AM »

Im not saying metallica ait a big band, what im saying is that they arent as big as GNR even today...

Interesting, where was Axl when Metallica had just finished their almost 2-year world tour?

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2005, 03:43:08 PM »

Regardless of the Time, Axl has taken to rest or whatever hes done.... GNR has remained bigger than Metallica, if Axl put old gnr together again.. they might tour the world even more time than in the best times...
MikeB
« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2005, 12:13:25 AM »

the first four albums kicked ass , i wasn 't crazy about the black album . But then Load/Reload and that stuff was dissapointing. Master of Puppets is like one of my favs ever . for some reason they seem they stopped liking metal . how these fans hate them after the napster thing ,st. anger album,? and that skom movie . the future doesn't look too well for them. i'll hate to see this band on the countdown. Kirk hammett along with slash , jimmy page,eddie van halen , and dave mustaine influenced me to pick up guitar . hopefully they'll get back on track
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2005, 01:04:37 AM »

the first four albums kicked ass , i wasn 't crazy about the black album . But then Load/Reload and that stuff was dissapointing. Master of Puppets is like one of my favs ever . for some reason they seem they stopped liking metal . how these fans hate them after the napster thing ,st. anger album,? and that skom movie . the future doesn't look too well for them. i'll hate to see this band on the countdown. Kirk hammett along with slash , jimmy page,eddie van halen , and dave mustaine influenced me to pick up guitar . hopefully they'll get back on track

The SKOM movie was filmed during 2001-2003 when the band was going through a tough time, but they worked through it and have come out stronger than they've been in recent years. Since then the band went on to release a number one album (St. Anger) and a high-grossing world tour that finished at the end of 2004.

The band is currently on a break before they start working on the next album which is rumoured to begin later this year. And there's supposedly a whole heap of new riffs and jams to sift through that were recorded during their pre-show warm ups from the last tour.

So I wouldn't worry too much about the band, they seem to be in very good state.

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2005, 01:08:44 AM »

If you ask me, Load was their second-best album after Master of Puppets.  I like it when bands experiment and try out new sounds, and "Hero of the Day" is my fave Metallica song ever.  But St. Anger was definitely pretty lame.  Hopefully the next one will be better.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #548 on: June 07, 2005, 01:44:03 AM »

Dude, St. Anger only went to #1 because Metallica's name was on it.  That album is complete trash.  Most people in the metal community were very dissapointed in that album.  Load is a pretty good album, but to say its their 2nd best album is wrong.  Have you ever heard Ride The Lightning, or Kill Em All, or And Justice For All.  Those are metal masterpieces.  Load is a metal band beginning to give in to mainstream trends.  I hope this isn't the end for the band.  I still haven't seen them live.  However, even their live show has gone downhill.  People I know who've seen them say that while they still put on a good show, they can't play the old stuff like they used to.  Few things dissapoint me more than the state of Metallica.  They were at one time one of the greatest bands of all time.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #549 on: June 07, 2005, 11:10:44 AM »

At this point in time I?m waiting for two Metallica related headlines: "Metallica Breaks Up" or "Robert Trujillo Exits Metallica"....I hope is the second one, better if it goes something like "Robert Trujillo out, Newsted In".

When St. Anger was released, with all the talk about how heavy and fast it was, I got so excited...I was waiting for them to sound like in the early days, wow! not even close, but maybe someday.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
MikeB
« Reply #550 on: June 07, 2005, 01:34:18 PM »

theres a lot of jackass fans that hate Dave Mustaine just because metallica fired him . Dave is one of the best guitar players out there and plays badass riffs . Dave is one tough dude and people are stupid for pissing him off . He influenced metallica to write the riffs they did . so in my book if it weren't for good ol dave there'd be no metallica.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

theres a lot of jackass fans that hate Dave Mustaine just because metallica fired him . Dave is one of the best guitar players out there and plays badass riffs . Dave is one tough dude and people are stupid for pissing him off . He influenced metallica to write the riffs they did . so in my book if it weren't for good ol dave there'd be no metallica.

I would love to see Metallica + Mustaine put out an album together (and have no Bob Rock about to screw things up), fair enough we have the stuff they did together on Kill em all and Ride the Lightning but it would be cool to see them do something together again - it would get Mustaine more recognition and it would put Metallica back on track and give an incredibly stale band some new ideas.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2005, 02:06:50 PM »

At this point in time I?m waiting for two Metallica related headlines: "Metallica Breaks Up" or "Robert Trujillo Exits Metallica"....I hope is the second one, better if it goes something like "Robert Trujillo out, Newsted In".

When St. Anger was released, with all the talk about how heavy and fast it was, I got so excited...I was waiting for them to sound like in the early days, wow! not even close, but maybe someday.

ROBERT ROCKS!!!!!!!!! newsted is nothing compared to robert "the great" he influenced me to play the bass guitar.

St.Anger is a so crap, and i agree with statement about banging bins.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:08:32 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2005, 07:56:11 PM »

Dude, St. Anger only went to #1 because Metallica's name was on it.? That album is complete trash.? Most people in the metal community were very dissapointed in that album.? Load is a pretty good album, but to say its their 2nd best album is wrong.? Have you ever heard Ride The Lightning, or Kill Em All, or And Justice For All.? Those are metal masterpieces.? Load is a metal band beginning to give in to mainstream trends.? I hope this isn't the end for the band.? I still haven't seen them live.? However, even their live show has gone downhill.? People I know who've seen them say that while they still put on a good show, they can't play the old stuff like they used to.? Few things dissapoint me more than the state of Metallica.? They were at one time one of the greatest bands of all time.

I quite liked St Anger and still do, it has some great songs - Frantic, St Anger, SKOM, Sweet Amber, My World. Just because narrow-minded 80's metalheads didn't like it doesn't mean sh*t. Those same people have hated Metallica since the Black album, so why should they be any different with St Anger?

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2005, 12:50:09 AM »

I would love to see Metallica + Mustaine put out an album together (and have no Bob Rock about to screw things up),

Oh man that would be sweet.  Mustaine is responsible for what I think is one of their best songs, The Four Horsemen.  I would also love to see a Mustaine/Axl collaboration, but that might be too much ego involved.  So, sadly neither will happen.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2005, 04:16:07 AM »

I loved the Black Album, and I also liked Load and even some songs of Reload, but once you cut out the solos man its just not Metallica anymore.  And the drum sound on that album is also awful.  St. Anger sucks.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2005, 04:45:32 AM »

sell outs totally. metallica will change theyre sound as time changes which is good in a sense because theyre bringing in new young fans. But they are alienating the true fans. I think they should try at least to meet us all half way like load? ( At least Megadeth are giving the true fans what they want)
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2005, 07:02:55 AM »

I loved the Black Album, and I also liked Load and even some songs of Reload, but once you cut out the solos man its just not Metallica anymore.? And the drum sound on that album is also awful.? St. Anger sucks.

To me, Metallica were going for a big fuck-you, punk-metal vibe on St. Anger, kind of as going against the grain of their polished commercial sound on Black album and the Loads. And I think they did it with some success, cause I still love listening to it.
And THAT drum sound I think adds to the whole harsh sound of the record, and if you crank it up, everything is just punishing to listen to, and it's great music to work out too. And if you're pissed off, it's a great album to get your aggressions out.

I know that this is just my opinion, but I stand by it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 07:13:57 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2005, 10:18:09 AM »

I think they should try at least to meet us all half way like load? ( At least Megadeth are giving the true fans what they want)

Apart from Risk which loads of Megadeth fans hated, similar with Metallica fans and Re-Load.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2005, 02:37:06 PM »

I think they should try at least to meet us all half way like load? ( At least Megadeth are giving the true fans what they want)

Apart from Risk which loads of Megadeth fans hated, similar with Metallica fans and Re-Load.

Yeah, but The System Has Failed is old school Megadeth.  Its fast, heavy, and the songs deal with stuff old Megadeth songs used to deal with...war, government, metal, and hating Metallica.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: