Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 461785 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2005, 05:50:41 AM »

Izzy, there's no way in Hell that AJFA is worse than St. Anger, even without much bass AJFA blows it into oblivion, even Load and Re-Load kick St. Anger's ass.

I don't actually remember saying that - they are both so very very bad to my ears that rating them becomes pointless - both are boring, overlong, horribly produced and all sound the same.

Little pointer to help u, music is an opinion - more than two people can have a different view and still both be right Cheesy Remember that and a day of smiles is ur reward.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2005, 12:00:16 PM »

Izzy, there's no way in Hell that AJFA is worse than St. Anger, even without much bass AJFA blows it into oblivion, even Load and Re-Load kick St. Anger's ass.

I don't actually remember saying that - they are both so very very bad to my ears that rating them becomes pointless - both are boring, overlong, horribly produced and all sound the same.

Little pointer to help u, music is an opinion - more than two people can have a different view and still both be right Cheesy Remember that and a day of smiles is ur reward.

That's fair enough I suppose.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2005, 06:46:44 AM »

Bah, what are you, a fuckin' hippie? Your opinion sucks and you are wrong! Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2005, 09:25:27 AM »

Bah, what are you, a fuckin' hippie? Your opinion sucks and you are wrong! Grin

Hey Cry

Any news on what Metallica plan on doing with their next album - i heard they were about to head back to the studio for album#11.

What would people want from this album? Raw Kill em all kinda thrash? The refined metal of Master Of Muppets or the slower riff driven style of 'Black'?

Though its cool to hate the Black album i think its their best - an attempt to continue in that style would please me, as long as it kept its heavy side, Load and Reload sounded like pop music.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2005, 10:53:37 AM »

If they looked at the bad of St. Anger ; production, sound quality e.g. drums and 'noisy' guitar work, added solos then that would be a major step-up from St. Anger.

A Kill 'Em All-sounding album would be quite realistic (apart from the vocals obviously) because it was a lot more 'basic' compared to the genius of the next 3 albums.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2005, 11:17:09 AM »

I think this may explain why St. Anger is pretty poor,  hihi

James Hetfield has had:

*An astronomical number of black eyes due to fighting and headbanging.
*James suffers from Tinnitus in both ears. His constant ringing has been caused by 135 db stage monitors for years and gunshots. 
*Upper right arm burned. 
*Right wrist sliced open by a broken beer bottle. 
*Two broken knuckles from fighting. 
*Inside hand had 6 stitches after falling down with a bottle of Vodka on the first night of the Venom tour. 
*20 stitches in his right knee from a knife wound. 
*Foot cut open by a broken beer bottle resulting in 5 stitches. 
*Both hands have numerous knife wounds from hunting and fishing. 
*Both bones of the left arm have had compound fractures from 2 skateboarding accidents resulting in two metal plates with screws and 85 stitches. 
*Pyrotechnic accidents caused deep second degree burns over left arm with a questionable skin graft on hand. 
*Left side of face burned during Montreal gig. 
*40 stitches in head from an ATV accident. 
*Beer bottle broken over head during a fight in Mexico. 
*Hair damaged by tour lights, pyrotechnic errors, and scissors.
*Various back related troubles.
*slipped disc in neck/back.

He is immortal...

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2005, 01:03:33 PM »

-Lars Ulrich talks enough shit to need a hose to clear

I heard Lars has hired a professional Hoser to accompany him to press conferences.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #367 on: January 14, 2005, 10:16:47 AM »

-Lars Ulrich talks enough shit to need a hose to clear

I heard Lars has hired a professional Hoser to accompany him to press conferences.

Another interesting fact about Lars.

Did you know his dad was a professional tennis player?

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2005, 02:23:55 AM »

hihi ?

and yeah fuck lars for the whole napster thing....that greedy cocksucker can eat my ass. ?All that shit did for me was make me download music and give some bands a big "hey fuck you buddy"

I wasnt a fan of what Metallica done with napsta but then I realised that they had every right to have the shits. I've been in tons of original bands and if one of my bands ever made it big time, but we were not making any money coz of people downloading the songs, I would be mighty fuckin pissed.

And before you say "But Metallica are squillionairs and are just greedy" It also comes down to princable of it.

peace

P.s whats doing with theit new album does anyone know anything?

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2005, 09:17:44 AM »

hihi 

and yeah fuck lars for the whole napster thing....that greedy cocksucker can eat my ass.  All that shit did for me was make me download music and give some bands a big "hey fuck you buddy"

I wasnt a fan of what Metallica done with napsta but then I realised that they had every right to have the shits. I've been in tons of original bands and if one of my bands ever made it big time, but we were not making any money coz of people downloading the songs, I would be mighty fuckin pissed.

And before you say "But Metallica are squillionairs and are just greedy" It also comes down to princable of it.

peace

P.s whats doing with theit new album does anyone know anything?

Exactly. I don't understand why people see Metallica stopping people illegally downloading music as a bad thing, they had every right to.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #370 on: January 29, 2005, 01:11:05 AM »

i dont own St Anger but i dug the singles st anger and frantic

i bought "some kind of monster" on dvd today and it is so fuckin inspiring and amazing.

metallica isnt one of my favorite bands but from the sound of it on this dvd "St Anger" should kick fucking ass!

so what happened? did they fuck it up in the production and mixing?
cause when they are just sitting around listening and playing it, i think it is fuckin amazing
i havent heard the whole record so what happened?

watching this makes me wanna buy st anger though.

i was really worried about half way through this cause it really seems James wasnt really into it anymore

i thought he would quit and just didnt feel like playing music anymore

when he said that he didnt have fun playing with Lars anymore i thought it kicked ass when Lars gave him that bashing, telling James how self absorbed he is and if he wants to listen to a song at 4:15 he is gonna listen to it and its bullshit that they arent allowed.

i loved kirk hammett's speech to them about how he didnt wanna follow trends and shit.

he stood up and that shit was awesome.

anyhow what happened to St Anger? cause listening to it on this dvd it kicks fucking ass!

anyone else watched this yet?

awesome fuckin DVD and metallica isnt even one of my favorite bands but it is very very inspiring and interesting watching this.

the dave mustaine interview with lars was captivating

im hoping the 2nd disc of extras will include more footage of that interview.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 01:12:44 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #371 on: January 29, 2005, 10:34:18 AM »

D - DON'T buy St Anger! Its just rubbish in every way shape and form - the production is autrocious, Lars sounds like he's smacking metal dustbin lids, the guitar work is below average, there are no solo's, the lyrics are weak and overall its about as un-Metallica as Metallica could concievably get.

Even the band think its rubbish - they only regularily played 2 songs from it on the St Anger 'Madly in anger at the world' tour - Lars claims that was because they didn't know how to play the rest live Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #372 on: January 29, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »

i think it couldve been a good album if they had just left it normal and didnt manipulate the sound so much.

You could tell the entire time though that James wasnt into it at all which makes me wonder if we will ever really see another metallica album

he only wanted to work from noon to 4 everyday and said he didnt enjoyplaying with lars anymore, he took over a year off without even hardly speaking to the band

so watching that didnt make me very optimistic about metallica's future in some ways.

they seemed to resolve some of it, but the creative process just didnt seem to really happen that smoothly for them and in turn look at how the cd turned out?

it was still a very entertaining dvd though. i love dvds like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2005, 09:42:32 AM »

i think it couldve been a good album if they had just left it normal and didnt manipulate the sound so much.

You could tell the entire time though that James wasnt into it at all which makes me wonder if we will ever really see another metallica album

he only wanted to work from noon to 4 everyday and said he didnt enjoyplaying with lars anymore, he took over a year off without even hardly speaking to the band

so watching that didnt make me very optimistic about metallica's future in some ways.

they seemed to resolve some of it, but the creative process just didnt seem to really happen that smoothly for them and in turn look at how the cd turned out?

it was still a very entertaining dvd though. i love dvds like that.

Don't worry about the 'creative process' - they are (were) a metal band - conflict, O/D's, law suits are the fuel which powers such a band on - the worse their situation is the more emotive their music will be - look at all the great bands, when things start going well and their rolling in money everything goes downhill - which is what people claim happened to Guns N Roses......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

Hey someone posted a few weeks ago that Metallica were bringing a new album out. Just wondering if there is any new info on that?

peace
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 07:26:40 PM by AdZ » Logged

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2005, 10:54:54 PM »

They haven't entered the studio to record anything yet, but apparently they have hours and hours of ideas accumulated from their pre-show jamming from their last tour.

Their bassist Rob Trujillo described the new material as very heavy and that James had come up with some great new riffs. He also said that fans will really love the new stuff they've come up with.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2005, 04:43:57 AM »

Their bassist Rob Trujillo described the new material as very heavy and that James had come up with some great new riffs. He also said that fans will really love the new stuff they've come up with.

That's what they said last time. I don't think I'm ever again going to buy another Metallica record.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2005, 05:30:12 AM »

What, you don't think that St. Anger was heavy?
It was certainly the heaviest album they've put out in the last 10 years or so.

Anyway, I know I'll be buying it regardless of how heavy it is or isn't, I love the band ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
anythinggoes
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2005, 06:23:54 AM »

Anyway, I know I'll be buying it regardless of how heavy it is or isn't, I love the band ok

Yes St anger was heavy but in a modern korn limp bizkit style the Metallica i know and love is the heavy masterpiece sounding one like One Sandman MOP etc the new stuff had no feeling it was heavy just for the sake of being heavy can you imagine a orchestra playing along with songs from St Anger it would not sound right. IMOA Metallica went downhill when they released load from then on i lost interest
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2005, 06:24:55 AM »

I was referring to the part about "great riffs" and "the fans loving it".

Of course St. Anger is heavier than the Load albums. Woo hoo. It's still a pile of shit.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: