Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 461783 times)
Pryor Murphy
Rocker

Fuck It!

« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2004, 03:30:25 PM »

Best Album: ...And Justice For All
Best Songs: One, Blackened & Harvester Of Sorrow

Live & Loud 1992! smoking beer
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #341 on: December 09, 2004, 06:54:31 PM »

Hey, Metallifucks, I never knew this and it's quite distdurbing but the cover for the Load album is supposedly a mixture of 'sex wee' and cow's blood.

Take a look for yourselves, Metallifucks:

SO is the cover for reload. It's by the same guy. I think they look cool.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Dizzie
« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2004, 02:20:58 PM »

definetely the first 3 albums (with Cliff Burton on bass)...the "And Justice For All..." album is good as well, but with it begun the commercial crap, that continued with the Back Album and Gay Rock as producer (the album's still good though)...the load and reload crap ar just downfall...

my personal favs are Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets

some song highlights:Anastesia (Pulling Teeth), Seek And Destroy, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade To Black, Creeping Death, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Leper Messiah, Orion, And Justice For All..., Harvester Of Sorrow, To Live Is To Die, The Unforgiven,  Through the Never, My Friend Of Misery...

do not try the St.Anger album...that's on a whole different level of "suckage" (don't blame me, 'twas just a quote)...

i won't mention the all-too-well-known songs like One or Nothing Else Matters...these are great songs but...everyone knows'em  Wink

'tallica's great worth listenin to, great music, quality thrash metal, one of the finest bands of the 80's (and not mainstream!)

that's all dudes...EET FUK

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2004, 03:13:54 PM »

Hell yeah, bitch.  Load and Re-Load would have been more likeable if they were cut down and put into 1 album, because they both have their moments.

I reccomend that EVERYONE buys Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge, it kicks actual ass. Over 8 hours of live Metallica that is definately worth watching loud. The songs are played so well, like the 3 Whiplashs on there that are much better than the album version because the drumming is more powerful and more intense. Also, the bass solos from Jason Newsted are breathtaking, like when he plays the bassline from My Friend Of Misery, and when he plays his solos extremely fast. Lars pulls off some amazing solos on his drums as does Kirk on his guitar.

Buy it!

beer   

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2004, 07:06:32 PM »

Hey, Metallifucks, I never knew this and it's quite distdurbing but the cover for the Load album is supposedly a mixture of 'sex wee' and cow's blood.

I heard some of it was sperm to........could be wrong though
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #345 on: December 26, 2004, 05:53:14 AM »

I heard some of it was sperm to........could be wrong though

Damnit - should have seen the warning - even the cover was wank Wink

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2004, 10:52:30 AM »

Metallica's Madly In Anger With The World Tour is now officially over. Cry

one of the biggest tours in rock history

Yep, and it made about $53million.

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2004, 12:46:33 AM »

Ho-lee shit. This had to be one of the most incomprehensible threads in this section. Perhaps because of their genre is why there are tons more fans of them over at the Megadeth boards, but that's also considering how many Megasheep reside there. I'm not their hugest fan, I love KEA, MOP, and RTL, but you guys are just ridiculous. Totally baseless.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2004, 06:56:37 AM »

O......K......

no

html sucks
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #349 on: December 30, 2004, 10:16:06 AM »

Ho-lee shit. This had to be one of the most incomprehensible threads in this section. Perhaps because of their genre is why there are tons more fans of them over at the Megadeth boards, but that's also considering how many Megasheep reside there. I'm not their hugest fan, I love KEA, MOP, and RTL, but you guys are just ridiculous. Totally baseless.

Not sure I follow...  you mean we#ve all got wildly differing opinions?  Cos blatantly we have!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »

Why the hell are most people saying Metallica sucks?? They have a good guitarist. A good vocalist and a good drummer. Whats not to like about them??
There is no denying they aren't talented the 3 people you have mentioned were the people behind the excellent Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice for All, & Master of Puppets albums.  For those albums they are great, they are very likeable.  They are also the people behind St. Anger, Load & ReLoad for those albums i don't like them the first mentioned being awful the other 2 being very uneven albums nowhere near what they should they are capable of.  The Black album is also another one which dissapoint me but is seen as a classic by many so i won't get into that.  Of all their recent material stuff the only thing i really like is the track I Disappear & the Garage Inc. album which wasn't exactly 'new'.  What annoys people, what gives people a dislike for them aside from the whole Napster thing is in the 80s they showed what Gods they were, what great music they could write and put out, and now they give the fans medicore to crap music, the worst thing being everyone knows they can do better, it's the greatness of their earlier stuff which overshawdows what they release these days.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »

Why the hell are most people saying Metallica sucks?? They have a good guitarist. A good vocalist and a good drummer. Whats not to like about them??

Their latest album

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2005, 06:22:51 AM »

There is no denying they aren't talented the 3 people you have mentioned were the people behind the excellent Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice for All, & Master of Puppets albums.  For those albums they are great, they are very likeable.  They are also the people behind St. Anger, Load & ReLoad for those albums i don't like them the first mentioned being awful the other 2 being very uneven albums nowhere near what they should they are capable of.  The Black album is also another one which dissapoint me but is seen as a classic by many so i won't get into that.  Of all their recent material stuff the only thing i really like is the track I Disappear & the Garage Inc. album which wasn't exactly 'new'.  What annoys people, what gives people a dislike for them aside from the whole Napster thing is in the 80s they showed what Gods they were, what great music they could write and put out, and now they give the fans medicore to crap music, the worst thing being everyone knows they can do better, it's the greatness of their earlier stuff which overshawdows what they release these days.

What's worse is the regular quotes from the band when they say "we're not releasing Master of Puppets 2" or "that shit's all in the past".  i think they're happy to make more like St Anger and watch the $ roll in, although they're still good live, so  Huh

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2005, 06:50:28 AM »

There is no denying they aren't talented the 3 people you have mentioned were the people behind the excellent Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice for All, & Master of Puppets albums.? For those albums they are great, they are very likeable.? They are also the people behind St. Anger, Load & ReLoad for those albums i don't like them the first mentioned being awful the other 2 being very uneven albums nowhere near what they should they are capable of.? The Black album is also another one which dissapoint me but is seen as a classic by many so i won't get into that.? Of all their recent material stuff the only thing i really like is the track I Disappear & the Garage Inc. album which wasn't exactly 'new'.? What annoys people, what gives people a dislike for them aside from the whole Napster thing is in the 80s they showed what Gods they were, what great music they could write and put out, and now they give the fans medicore to crap music, the worst thing being everyone knows they can do better, it's the greatness of their earlier stuff which overshawdows what they release these days.

What's worse is the regular quotes from the band when they say "we're not releasing Master of Puppets 2" or "that shit's all in the past".? i think they're happy to make more like St Anger and watch the $ roll in, although they're still good live, so? Huh

They are still damn good live, mainly because they don't play much of the new knowing the fans want the old.  What sickens me is when Lars said in an interview St.Anger is some of their best work.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2005, 08:58:49 AM »

What's worse is the regular quotes from the band when they say "we're not releasing Master of Puppets 2" or "that shit's all in the past".  i think they're happy to make more like St Anger and watch the $ roll in, although they're still good live, so  Huh

They are still damn good live, mainly because they don't play much of the new knowing the fans want the old.  What sickens me is when Lars said in an interview St.Anger is some of their best work.

But James says it was a 'bummer'.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2005, 11:50:42 AM »

They are still damn good live, mainly because they don't play much of the new knowing the fans want the old.? What sickens me is when Lars said in an interview St.Anger is some of their best work.

If true it meets Metallica are not only

a) currently rubbish
b) full of idiots

but now also

c) happy to put out crap knowing its crap - he didn't realise at the time it was awful? He wrote most of it ffs!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »

If true it meets Metallica are not only

a) currently rubbish
b) full of idiots

but now also

c) happy to put out crap knowing its crap - he didn't realise at the time it was awful? He wrote most of it ffs!

My mistake, when James called it a bummer he was only reffering to album sales in the US, eventhough it was generally a bummer anyway.

I wouldn't say they are 'full of idiots', especially as you don't personally know them and that they are the same (well, assumingly) the same people apart from the bassist that wrote albums like Master Of Puppets.

'Currently rubbish' is a pathetic thing to say, I know sales aren't everything but I don't think anyone would call Metallica 'rubbish' after a $53m massive tour.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2005, 02:30:40 PM »

Have you been ripped off by buying St. Anger?  rant
Does it financially scar you?  crying
Does it embarass you?  Embarrassed

If so, don't put up with this anymore, head on to www.encycmet.com on the forums and complain away, me and many others have had fun doing so.

Oh! My first post, awesome. I don't hate St. Anger as much as I used to, though, you have to listen to it quite a few times missing out obvious crap like Sweet Amber. Izzy, there's no way in Hell that AJFA is worse than St. Anger, even without much bass AJFA blows it into oblivion, even Load and Re-Load kick St. Anger's ass.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #358 on: January 09, 2005, 07:14:09 PM »

Have you been ripped off by buying St. Anger?? rant
Does it financially scar you?? crying
Does it embarass you?? Embarrassed

If so, don't put up with this anymore, head on to www.encycmet.com on the forums and complain away, me and many others have had fun doing so.

Oh! My first post, awesome. I don't hate St. Anger as much as I used to, though, you have to listen to it quite a few times missing out obvious crap like Sweet Amber. Izzy, there's no way in Hell that AJFA is worse than St. Anger, even without much bass AJFA blows it into oblivion, even Load and Re-Load kick St. Anger's ass.
And Justice For All kicks Load, ReLoad & St. Anger's collective asses.  In Blackened, Harvester of Sorrow & One you have 3 of the best Metallica songs ever.  The other tracks may not standout as classics but they are all pretty decent, St. Anger is not even close.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2005, 05:42:24 AM »

I wouldn't say they are 'full of idiots', especially as you don't personally know them and that they are the same (well, assumingly) the same people apart from the bassist that wrote albums like Master Of Puppets.

-They haven't released a quality album in 14 years
-They are greedy sonsofbitches (Napster)
-Lars Ulrich talks enough shit to need a hose to clear
-They release awful albums and claims its 'their most completet musical statement'

Sounds like idiots to me.

'Currently rubbish' is a pathetic thing to say, I know sales aren't everything but I don't think anyone would call Metallica 'rubbish' after a $53m massive tour.

No, a pathetic thing would be to spend all day in this thread endlessly trying to defend a band that is frankly awful of late.

They have released rubbish for years hence currently rubbish, u think they are currently good?? Go listen to St Anger or Load or any of that other rubbish.

Don't ever use album sales or revenue to support a claim a band is good - it just means they are commercial and have been well promoted.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: