Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:22:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 460706 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2004, 10:44:59 AM »

I know alot of gnr fans hate metallica because of the pyro shit and the tour, but most dislike them because of the things people said in regards to an Ego Ramp and shit..

One of the best kick ass rock groupos ever, had one awesome album after another... I'll always treasure those albums.. peace

GNR fans hate them because they have released 3 of the worst albums in history over the last decade - their best album since 1991 has been Garange inc - fuckin' covers!

They are shite and yet claim to be as good as ever

...and i still think and justice for all is one of the most boring albums i have ever heard.

First I'd bet money that most people dislike metallica for the tour, every gnr fan crys when someone disses them, look how they hate nirvana, how they hate Motley crue for the vince vs axl shit..If someone says anything about gnr or axl people get this hate towards that group or person, it's evident on every gnr board..

Which tour - GNR/Metallica - '92? Er....over 70% of the people on this board, inc me where children when that happened - that had no effect......

Yes the 1992 tour, same kids that dislike nirvana use the vmas from when you guys were kids..
Dizzy anyone outside of gnr that says something negative about axl gets abused and the badn tehy're with gets the samne treatment..
Just because you people were kids doesn't mean it doesn't alter your views now.. I'm not saying everyone, but there are alot that base opinions from hear say and other's opinions..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2004, 12:39:29 PM »

I know alot of gnr fans hate metallica because of the pyro shit and the tour, but most dislike them because of the things people said in regards to an Ego Ramp and shit..

One of the best kick ass rock groupos ever, had one awesome album after another... I'll always treasure those albums.. peace

GNR fans hate them because they have released 3 of the worst albums in history over the last decade - their best album since 1991 has been Garange inc - fuckin' covers!

...and i still think and justice for all is one of the most boring albums i have ever heard.

First I'd bet money that most people dislike metallica for the tour, every gnr fan crys when someone disses them, look how they hate nirvana, how they hate Motley crue for the vince vs axl shit..If someone says anything about gnr or axl people get this hate towards that group or person, it's evident on every gnr board..

Which tour - GNR/Metallica - '92? Er....over 70% of the people on this board, inc me where children when that happened - that had no effect......

yeah, but they were grown up when they saw metallica talk about it on VH1 over the past couple years.

i'm not saying i totally agree with mikeg's statement, but there is some truth to it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2004, 12:44:48 PM »

Yes the 1992 tour, same kids that dislike nirvana use the vmas from when you guys were kids..
Dizzy anyone outside of gnr that says something negative about axl gets abused and the badn tehy're with gets the samne treatment..
Just because you people were kids doesn't mean it doesn't alter your views now.. I'm not saying everyone, but there are alot that base opinions from hear say and other's opinions..

I don't dislike Metallica because of stuff they have said about GNR, or what other fans think - we ain't all lemmings that just agree with what other say

I think Metallica suck because they release awful music - its neither here nor their what they said about GNR or what other gunners think....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2004, 12:52:36 PM »

I don't dislike Metallica because of stuff they have said about GNR, or what other fans think - we ain't all lemmings that just agree with what other say

I think Metallica suck because they release awful music - its neither here nor their what they said about GNR or what other gunners think....

And that's fine, I'm not pointing at you directly, I just notice how wehn threads start involving teh 92 tour, rot hings of that nature where axl rose is put down the gnr fans from the boards tend to go ape shit and get bent out of shape.. 

I personally wasn't crazy about load n reload when tehy came out, and the two songs I heard of st anger weren't good. but I've alwasy liked the other stuff they did anyways...

I was just saying how eevryone hates bands who diss axl, or make a comment that isn't always positive.. It;'s gone for kurt cobain, dave grohl, eminem, vince neil, metallica/hetfield., now dee snider.. It's strange how people over react to such bullshit..

I lovemetallica's first five albums and their live box set, some of my favorite music, and their live shows are unreal..
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2004, 11:51:28 PM »

Metallica = Gayfaggica.

Lars is a pimp.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2004, 03:05:38 AM »

Blackened [1988]
Fuel [1997]
Leper Messiah [1986]
Wherever I May Roam [1991]
King Nothing [1996]
The Unforgiven [1991]
God That Failed [1991]
St. Anger [2003]
Fade To Black [1984]
Master Of Puppets [1986]
Fight Fire With Fire [1984]
No Leaf Clover [1999]
Nothing Else Matters [1991]
Sad But True [1991]
One [1988]
Enter Sandman [1991]
Disposable Heroes [1986]
Seek And Destroy [1983]

So you have 14 songs from 1983-1991 out of 18 songs, they continue to claim how great the new material is and then go and play all the old songs and the reason being, they know it's the only way they can still sell tickets, i mean who would attend the concert if the songs played live were mainly off St.Anger???

Almost mirrors the last GnR tour.....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #306 on: October 26, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

Blackened [1988]
Fuel [1997]
Leper Messiah [1986]
King Nothing [1996]
The Unforgiven [1991]
God That Failed [1991]
St. Anger [2003]
Fade To Black [1984]
Master Of Puppets [1986]
No Leaf Clover [1999]
Sad But True [1991]
One [1988]
Enter Sandman [1991]
Disposable Heroes [1986]
Seek And Destroy [1983]

So you have 14 songs from 1983-1991 out of 18 songs, they continue to claim how great the new material is and then go and play all the old songs and the reason being, they know it's the only way they can still sell tickets, i mean who would attend the concert if the songs played live were mainly off St.Anger???

Yeah..but GNR didn't have any new albums...Metallica had done 4 of new material Tongue
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 12:16:34 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2004, 12:29:58 PM »

And GNR wouldn't pay anything from such a shit album as St Anger!  Metallica must surely know that they should never play anything from St Anger again.  Swallow your pride Lars/James and move on... it's not too late!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2004, 12:49:40 PM »

Blackened [1988]
Fuel [1997]
Leper Messiah [1986]
King Nothing [1996]
The Unforgiven [1991]
God That Failed [1991]
St. Anger [2003]
Fade To Black [1984]
Master Of Puppets [1986]
No Leaf Clover [1999]
Sad But True [1991]
One [1988]
Enter Sandman [1991]
Disposable Heroes [1986]
Seek And Destroy [1983]

Yeah..but GNR didn't have any new albums...Metallica had done 4 of new material Tongue

Even if gnr releases new material their shows will still be mostly old songs, that is what people want to hear.. The greatest bands like aero, stones, etc fans want to hear the songs that made them big, you need to please the entire fan base..
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2004, 02:53:58 PM »

Blackened [1988]
Fuel [1997]
Leper Messiah [1986]
King Nothing [1996]
The Unforgiven [1991]
God That Failed [1991]
St. Anger [2003]
Fade To Black [1984]
Master Of Puppets [1986]
No Leaf Clover [1999]
Sad But True [1991]
One [1988]
Enter Sandman [1991]
Disposable Heroes [1986]
Seek And Destroy [1983]

Even if gnr releases new material their shows will still be mostly old songs, that is what people want to hear..

I don't see why - the UYI tour was mostly new stuff, and the fans bitched about it then!

I want to hear lots of new material on their next tour

The greatest bands like aero, stones, etc fans want to hear the songs that made them big, you need to please the entire fan base..

Yeah but they play old stuff cos there new stuff is average at best.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2004, 03:03:11 PM »

Everyone's new shit never lives up to their old stuff.. Bands lose what got them to that point after living the easy life in their mansions..
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2004, 12:02:49 PM »

Fiirst it was Load and then Re-load, then it was that piece of shite St. Anger, and now a movie, that is probably gonna be based on how Hetfield had problems with alcohol. I dunno, I already thought it couldn't get much lower but, well........

Between Load, Reload and St. Anger were Garage, Inc. and S & M, which are easily some of the best things they have done in the last ten years. The worst thing they did was sacking or whatever they did with Jason Newsted.

Jason Newsted is a beast.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #312 on: November 24, 2004, 11:03:46 AM »

This is the official Metallica thread - everything about the world's most past it band goes here.

A thread where those who remember how good Metallica once were come together to mourn their passing into the realm of crap hihi

Oh dear, someone forgot to teach the baby to stop crying.

There's only one man who can slag off Metallica today, and his name is Dave Mustaine.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #313 on: November 24, 2004, 11:15:06 AM »

Metallica...Didn't they use to sing good music in the 80's and 90's. What ever happened to them?

Who the fuck are you to say something like that? Come on grow up, they're still going strong and released a half-assed album, but the band is still good with 3/4 original Members plus Robert Trujillo who is great. The new GnR are good but some of you are such hipocrytes for saying Metallica 'suck' and 'sold out by cutting their hair' when your favourite band (GnR) aren't even going to release Chinese Democracy, (sorry, i'll believe it when I see it and hopefully I will). Not just albums, but tours, when have GnR last toured? 2 years ago?

So next time you call Metallica 'assholes' for making an album which isn't great, think about  where Axl Rose is hiding like a hermit.

Quit living in a dream world. 

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2004, 11:24:49 AM »

METALLICA's bassist ROBERT TRUJILLO revealed that the band have begun recording while on their current tour in preparation for the group's next album, which he said they hope to begin studio work on in late February or March 2005. The next Metallica album will be the first on which Trujillo will contribute his bass expertise, producer Bob Rock having recorded the bass parts for the band's latest release, St. Anger. Trujillo said some fans still aren't shy about letting him know that they still remember former Metallica bassist Jason Newstead's contributions and that Rock, not Trujillo, played the bass tracks on St.Anger. "Most people appreciate and are excited about the band moving forward... I take some shots about not having played on the album, but you know, Metallica fans are intense. They say what's on their minds. All I can do is hit it hard and not try to be Jason or Cliff (Burton, the band's former bassist who died in a 1986 bus crash), but just be myself."

Let's hope it is a lot better than the last one and they have taken note of what fans think e.g. Kirk...do you remember what a guitar solo is?

Metallica are finished as a credible musical entity

Who cares if they put out a new album - they have made 3 of the worst albums in rock history in the last 13 years - and made only 2 good songs in that entire period. They forgot what good music was a decade ago.

Jesus, Izzy, you say some crap but this takes the cake. Have you heard S & M, Izzy? Have you actually listened To Load and Re-Load? "Yes I have they were shit 'cos they cut their hair", there, I saved you the bother of answering it yourself.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2004, 07:00:09 PM »

Metallica are finished as a credible musical entity

Who cares if they put out a new album - they have made 3 of the worst albums in rock history in the last 13 years - and made only 2 good songs in that entire period. They forgot what good music was a decade ago.

Jesus, Izzy, you say some crap but this takes the cake. Have you heard S & M, Izzy? Have you actually listened To Load and Re-Load? "Yes I have they were shit 'cos they cut their hair", there, I saved you the bother of answering it yourself.

I'm laughing at your posts hihi You really are insecure.

I have S&M as i have all Metallica's albums. Do i like it? No. Master of Muppets S & M version is superb (and one of the two good songs i mentioned they had done of late) but the rest just don't work, most especially Enter Sandman where the guitar takes a back seat role which alters the entire vibe of the song. A similiar story for the rest. Plus the song selection is weak.

Have i heard Load and Reload - well yes! And they are awful, 'Give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire' - what i desire is a good album!

This stuff about them cutting their hair? I didn't get into Metallica untill 3 years ago, they cut their hair 9 years ago so i'd imagine thats not really a factor in my opinions, id always associated Metallica with short hair anyway from the video's i'd actually seen - u silly little child, how do u answer that one?

I like Metallica's early stuff (apart from the boring and justice for all), but everything after Black is dreadful - because they cut their hair. Yes Roll Eyes But better yet, because its naff.

I'm sorry, please stop crying..i didn't mean it hihi
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 07:04:21 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »

Ok.

Lars is a penis though.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2004, 01:12:28 PM »

If Metallica's next album isn't 10 trillions times better than St Anger they should retire.  Live shows are ok, but another St Anger will kill them.  I don't think they have what it takes, based on where the band's at right now and their commercial 'leanings'.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2004, 05:53:19 PM »

St anger I think is obviously a horrible album so not counting that for a second I like alot of the stuff they have done since the black album. I could very easily see how alot of fans don't like the load albums tho. I mean they have a very very different sound than anything the band had ever done. Not to say they hadn't changed or progressed from kill em all to puppets-to the black album and so on but you could still trace it back. You could listen to kill em all and the black album and without knowing be able to say "oh that was this bands first album and a later one". With both of the load albums I don't think you could ever say that.
Admittedly there is a ton of filler on both load albums and before that point I don't think metallica had ever had a filler song. I mean songs like "cure" "poor twisted me" "bad seed" "slither" "where the wild things are". What basically happened the way I see it is they came back down to earth where they started being one of those bands where the album will have 4-5 kick ass songs and the rest will be listenable but never songs you love or ever feel like you have to listen to once you know that they are on.
I liked the symphony album, some songs it didn't work with but others I thought it came out cool. Obviously "the call of ktulu" and "master of puppets" come to mind first. Like Izzy said "enter sandman" is a horrible version on that album. The 2 new songs I honestly thought were two of their best in a really long time, "No leaf clover" maybe being my favorite new song by them since puppets. So I was actually really excited about the direction I thought they were gonna take the next album....and then st anger happened. WOW that was bad.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2004, 06:06:44 PM »

The recording of their new album starts in February.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: