Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 459970 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2004, 04:36:52 PM »

And Rust in Piece is better than any album Metallica ever did. It's too bad most of Megadeth's other albums don't come near RIP's level...

I just can't get into Rust in peace - the lyrics and vocals and horrendous and a few seconds with the lyrics booklet and i think u will agree

But what really bothers me is the guitar work - it may be technically brillaint but i find it so...well boring, there's no emotion in it. I certainly wouldn't put the album above any metallica album.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2004, 07:31:33 PM »

And Rust in Piece is better than any album Metallica ever did. It's too bad most of Megadeth's other albums don't come near RIP's level...

I just can't get into Rust in peace - the lyrics and vocals and horrendous and a few seconds with the lyrics booklet and i think u will agree

But what really bothers me is the guitar work - it may be technically brillaint but i find it so...well boring, there's no emotion in it. I certainly wouldn't put the album above any metallica album.

Its funny because i think the same way Izzy does, I mean Dave is a Virtuoso Guiatrrist but i think he complicates himself too much when its time to play the guitar.
Its  Funny how the black album influenced so many bands including Megadeth, see Black album came in 1991  and then we had this Countdown to extinction (1992) i mean i can relate the riffs or the guitar idea from Sad But True and Symphony of destruction . see  Sad but true isnt the same kinda riff as Master of puppets and its  still Metallica in the other hand  Devil's ISland isnt the same kinda riff or guitar playing as Symphony of destruction wich is still cool but simplier , wich was the goal of Bob Rock (Metallica's Producer) for The black album. .

If the world would end today... Wink
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2004, 07:37:22 PM »

I mean Dave is a Virtuoso Guiatrrist but i think he complicates himself too much when its time to play the guitar.

But is it him playing lead? Their seems to be much confusion on this - who wrote the majority of Megadeth's lead guitar work?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2004, 02:11:46 PM »

I see think this way:
(and this is just my opinion)

I think Mustain plays better than Kirck Hammet.But he fucking suck singing!!Lets take Holy Wars as an example: although Mustain sings in that song, most of the song is instrumental, and Dave plays solos wich totally rock, but then his voice comes in and you feel like throwing up!!Seriously, his voice is horrible.So IMO, Mustain should have stayed with metallica.
Oh, anothere thing, I?m giving my opinion without inlcuding that he fucked up Megadeth and that he  was fired fromk Metallica because he was an drunk.I?m  just talking about the musical aspect.
Peace

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2004, 02:04:41 PM »

I mean Dave is a Virtuoso Guiatrrist but i think he complicates himself too much when its time to play the guitar.

But is it him playing lead? Their seems to be much confusion on this - who wrote the majority of Megadeth's lead guitar work?

I'm pretty sure it's Marty Friedman on leads most of the time.  I read that in a guitar mag I think.  And his leads are 'technically' (i.e. skills wise) better than Kirk's I would say.   Kirk has also struggled with emotional solos a lot I think, there's a lot of good ones but there's too many solos that he just widdles pointlessly.  I can't be arsed to get any examples, but there's a lot of generic widdling on Kill 'em All; the best solo on that is undoubtedly from the one and only Cliff Burton.  And Kirk's widdling is not as good as some might think, there's a lot better.  Watch G3 and you'll see what I mean!!!!  yes

In answer to the topic I'd say it's better that he left and created Megadeth.  I've only got Rust in Peace and Peace Sells, but other than Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning and a few tracks off Justice I'd rather listen to Megadeth.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2004, 12:26:24 AM »

I wonder what would have happened to Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning without Dave's songs?

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2004, 04:23:14 PM »

METALLICA's bassist ROBERT TRUJILLO revealed that the band have begun recording while on their current tour in preparation for the group's next album, which he said they hope to begin studio work on in late February or March 2005. The next Metallica album will be the first on which Trujillo will contribute his bass expertise, producer Bob Rock having recorded the bass parts for the band's latest release, St. Anger. Trujillo said some fans still aren't shy about letting him know that they still remember former Metallica bassist Jason Newstead's contributions and that Rock, not Trujillo, played the bass tracks on St.Anger. "Most people appreciate and are excited about the band moving forward... I take some shots about not having played on the album, but you know, Metallica fans are intense. They say what's on their minds. All I can do is hit it hard and not try to be Jason or Cliff (Burton, the band's former bassist who died in a 1986 bus crash), but just be myself."

Let's hope it is a lot better than the last one and they have taken note of what fans think e.g. Kirk...do you remember what a guitar solo is?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2004, 04:37:08 PM »

METALLICA's bassist ROBERT TRUJILLO revealed that the band have begun recording while on their current tour in preparation for the group's next album, which he said they hope to begin studio work on in late February or March 2005. The next Metallica album will be the first on which Trujillo will contribute his bass expertise, producer Bob Rock having recorded the bass parts for the band's latest release, St. Anger. Trujillo said some fans still aren't shy about letting him know that they still remember former Metallica bassist Jason Newstead's contributions and that Rock, not Trujillo, played the bass tracks on St.Anger. "Most people appreciate and are excited about the band moving forward... I take some shots about not having played on the album, but you know, Metallica fans are intense. They say what's on their minds. All I can do is hit it hard and not try to be Jason or Cliff (Burton, the band's former bassist who died in a 1986 bus crash), but just be myself."

Let's hope it is a lot better than the last one and they have taken note of what fans think e.g. Kirk...do you remember what a guitar solo is?

Metallica are finished as a credible musical entity

Who cares if they put out a new album - they have made 3 of the worst albums in rock history in the last 13 years - and made only 2 good songs in that entire period. They forgot what good music was a decade ago.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2004, 04:43:13 PM »

I sure hope they can redeem themself's with this new album.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 05:27:25 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2004, 05:00:04 PM »

Maybe Metallica comes in cycles. 4 classic albums, 4 pieces of trash, 4 more classics!? Let's hope they remember how things were back in 1983-1988, and try and bring back some of that old energy!  peace

But, realistically.... Sad
sandman
Legend

« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2004, 05:03:32 PM »

just saw metallica last night in philly. it was the best metallica show i ever saw. there were fucking ON! great sound, and an awesome stage set up. huge square stage in the middle of the stadium. gave a big arena an intimate feel.

they play again tonight and it was so good i'm probably gonna head down.

the set list rocked....

Blackened
Fuel
Leper Messiah
Wherever I May Roam
King Nothing
The unforgiven
God That Failed
St. Anger
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
--------
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
Sad But True
One
Enter Sandman
--------
Disposable Heroes
Seek And Destroy

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2004, 05:18:08 PM »

just saw metallica last night in philly. it was the best metallica show i ever saw. there were fucking ON! great sound, and an awesome stage set up. huge square stage in the middle of the stadium. gave a big arena an intimate feel.

they play again tonight and it was so good i'm probably gonna head down.

the set list rocked....

Blackened
Fuel
Leper Messiah
Wherever I May Roam
King Nothing
The unforgiven
God That Failed
St. Anger
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
--------
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
Sad But True
One
Enter Sandman
--------
Disposable Heroes
Seek And Destroy

Blackened [1988]
Fuel [1997]
Leper Messiah [1986]
Wherever I May Roam [1991]
King Nothing [1996]
The Unforgiven [1991]
God That Failed [1991]
St. Anger [2003]
Fade To Black [1984]
Master Of Puppets [1986]
Fight Fire With Fire [1984]
No Leaf Clover [1999]
Nothing Else Matters [1991]
Sad But True [1991]
One [1988]
Enter Sandman [1991]
Disposable Heroes [1986]
Seek And Destroy [1983]

So you have 14 songs from 1983-1991 out of 18 songs, they continue to claim how great the new material is and then go and play all the old songs and the reason being, they know it's the only way they can still sell tickets, i mean who would attend the concert if the songs played live were mainly off St.Anger???
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2004, 06:10:16 PM »

whenwill some kind of monster come out on DVD? anyone know?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2004, 06:31:19 PM »

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2M&title=502920&p=25&g=25

24/01/2005
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2004, 07:24:34 PM »

shit man they played The God That Failed,
n' Desposible Heroes Shocked  man there setlist's are getting better n' better!!!!!!!!! peace

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2004, 05:45:30 PM »

They continue to cash-in and rely on past glories to make money:

METALLICA's upcoming Vinyl Box will now be issued on November 23rd due to "manufacturing delays." As previously reported, the limited edition vinyl box set will include the first four albums, Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and ...And Justice For All. Plus the legendary $5.98 Garage Days Re-Revisited EP, and the Creeping Death picture disc, which was previously only available in Europe! Each of the four albums have been expanded to 2 LPs with new gatefold jackets. With the exception of the picture disc, all albums have been pressed on 180-gram HQ heavy vinyl, with lacquers cut at Sterling Sound by George Marino. The box set will be released in North America only and will be limited to 5,000 copies, with each set numbered. Suggested Retail price is $99.98 US. Head to rhino.com to pre-order the box set at Rhino Records' website. You can view the artwork for Metallica's Vinyl Box at www.specialopsmedia.com.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2004, 06:34:44 PM »

One of the true last hard rock/metal bands.. I must admitt I don't like the newer stuff, but I was a big fan in the late 80's through the early 90's...

I have to say the first 5  albums were some of the best in rock, kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, and justice for all, and the black album...  Load n reload have their moments.. The ultimate is the box set live..That is killer shit, they're the best live..

I think I love afd the most because I appreciated albums like the first five I mentioned..

I've seen metallica a few time, last time was I believe march of 96-97 when they had COC open for them at msg... Nothing but kick ass rock...

I know alot of gnr fans hate metallica because of the pyro shit and the tour, but most dislike them because of the things people said in regards to an Ego Ramp and shit..

One of the best kick ass rock groupos ever, had one awesome album after another... I'll always treasure those albums.. peace
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2004, 09:49:18 AM »

I know alot of gnr fans hate metallica because of the pyro shit and the tour, but most dislike them because of the things people said in regards to an Ego Ramp and shit..

One of the best kick ass rock groupos ever, had one awesome album after another... I'll always treasure those albums.. peace

GNR fans hate them because they have released 3 of the worst albums in history over the last decade - their best album since 1991 has been Garange inc - fuckin' covers!

They are shite and yet claim to be as good as ever

...and i still think and justice for all is one of the most boring albums i have ever heard.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #298 on: October 22, 2004, 10:29:50 AM »

GNR fans hate them because they have released 3 of the worst albums in history over the last decade - their best album since 1991 has been Garange inc - fuckin' covers!

...and i still think and justice for all is one of the most boring albums i have ever heard.

First I'd bet money that most people dislike metallica for the tour, every gnr fan crys when someone disses them, look how they hate nirvana, how they hate Motley crue for the vince vs axl shit..If someone says anything about gnr or axl people get this hate towards that group or person, it's evident on every gnr board..
second because of what others say, do you really think all these fans flapping have listened to those three albums, or did someone on a message board say this? I myself don't think they're as good, but their first five albums were killer, and they did it more underground.. Metallica would have been soi much bigger if they did the mtv thing earlier..

I really like and justice for all... Not every song but I like most
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2004, 10:41:10 AM »

First I'd bet money that most people dislike metallica for the tour, every gnr fan crys when someone disses them, look how they hate nirvana, how they hate Motley crue for the vince vs axl shit..If someone says anything about gnr or axl people get this hate towards that group or person, it's evident on every gnr board..

Which tour - GNR/Metallica - '92? Er....over 70% of the people on this board, inc me where children when that happened - that had no effect......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: