Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484384 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2480 on: July 04, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »

I'm so lucky, check this out.

Lamb of God will be the main support act on all dates from September through November.

My show is in December!

again  Shocked

Yeah but we miss them, well, at least I will.  I don't know if you are going.

I hope they have a decent opener this time.  Well, The Sword were good, but Machinehead was just...bad.  Fucking slobs.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2481 on: July 07, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »

Not directly related to Metallica, but I'm about halfway done with "For Whom the Bell Tolls."  Tongue
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #2482 on: July 11, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

Been listening to Ride the lightning (the album) all of the this week constantly in order. I'm doing this with alot of other albums recently by listening to one album for a week and getting myself really immersed in it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2483 on: September 24, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »

From an interview with Kirk Hammett...

Metallica Returns To Relevance

By PHIL FREEMAN

September 23, 2009

It bears mentioning, of course, that Death Magnetic also marks the end of Metallica's major-label contract. So what does the future hold?

"At the expense of looking like some kind of fuckin' asshole, I'm not gonna answer that question," Hammett says with a laugh. "There might not even be a record industry five years from now. There might not even be a CD format anymore. Everything might go directly to our cell phones. Who fuckin' knows, man?"

Continue reading here: http://www.dallasobserver.com/2009-09-24/music/metallica-returns-to-relevance/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2484 on: September 24, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »

there will always be CDs just like there is still vinyl today, stoopid kirk
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2485 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »

"New guy" Rob Trujillo dishes on being caught between Hetfield and Ulrich in metal's ever-clashing titanic band.

By CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER, Star Tribune

Last update: October 8, 2009

The mix he's referring to is the notorious clash of egos between Metallica's co-founders, singer/guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich. Their constant bickering over creative matters was at the heart of "Some Kind of Monster," and while the movie showed them working out their troubles through group therapy sessions, Trujillo said, "There are definitely times there's still that tension."

"The key thing is you really gotta let those two head-butt within reason. That's the magic of what happens in the band. There's a certain energy that bounces off the two of them, and you've gotta let that flow and then offer suggestions or butt in when it's really necessary. The difference is nowadays, the band has figured out a way to defuse anything that could potentially be more destructive."

Trujillo said he has come to appreciate the creative side of Hetfield, even if it is somewhat tempestuous at times.

"James Hetfield to me is so special in terms of writing riffs and melodies; he's just an amazing musician," he said. "Sometimes, if there's a part he's not picking up right off the bat, he gets a little impatient. That's where you get a little nervous. That's where you'll see a chair fly.

"But to me, that's all about the passion of putting a song together, and that's one of the beautiful things about this band. There's a lot that goes into this. There's a lot of challenge in what we do, it's not the easiest thing learning riffs or trying to develop a part in a Metallica song."

Continue reading here: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/63780072.html?page=1&c=y

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2486 on: October 09, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »

haha "thats where youll see a chair fly"....awesome! I love Hetfield and Metallica.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2487 on: October 09, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »

haha "thats where youll see a chair fly"....awesome! I love Hetfield and Metallica.

THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND GO TO METPAGE!!!! rant

...but in all seriousness -- I really like them too. Have you seen them live?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2488 on: October 11, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »

...but in all seriousness -- I really like them too. Have you seen them live?
rofl   yeah im seeing them 5 times this year...twice in newark back in january and the 3 shows coming up in a few weeks...im making up for lost time because they have been my second favorite band since 1992 and i never saw them live till this year..it was just one of those things, either didnt have the cash or we couldnt coordinate our friends for a show..

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2489 on: October 11, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »

I was at the one Newark show, Feb 1. Filmed it as well -- there's copies floating around out there.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2490 on: October 12, 2009, 01:29:12 AM »

"New guy" Rob Trujillo dishes on being caught between Hetfield and Ulrich in metal's ever-clashing titanic band.

By CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER, Star Tribune

Last update: October 8, 2009

The mix he's referring to is the notorious clash of egos between Metallica's co-founders, singer/guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich. Their constant bickering over creative matters was at the heart of "Some Kind of Monster," and while the movie showed them working out their troubles through group therapy sessions, Trujillo said, "There are definitely times there's still that tension."

"The key thing is you really gotta let those two head-butt within reason. That's the magic of what happens in the band. There's a certain energy that bounces off the two of them, and you've gotta let that flow and then offer suggestions or butt in when it's really necessary. The difference is nowadays, the band has figured out a way to defuse anything that could potentially be more destructive."

Trujillo said he has come to appreciate the creative side of Hetfield, even if it is somewhat tempestuous at times.

"James Hetfield to me is so special in terms of writing riffs and melodies; he's just an amazing musician," he said. "Sometimes, if there's a part he's not picking up right off the bat, he gets a little impatient. That's where you get a little nervous. That's where you'll see a chair fly.

"But to me, that's all about the passion of putting a song together, and that's one of the beautiful things about this band. There's a lot that goes into this. There's a lot of challenge in what we do, it's not the easiest thing learning riffs or trying to develop a part in a Metallica song."

Continue reading here: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/63780072.html?page=1&c=y

Does this guy have an awesome last name or what?  Grin
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2491 on: October 16, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »

I'm going to see these guys for the first time tomorrow night. Can anybody who has seen them on this tour tell me what to expect? Was it loud enough?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2492 on: October 17, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »

I'm going to see these guys for the first time tomorrow night. Can anybody who has seen them on this tour tell me what to expect? Was it loud enough?

they are a great live band, possibly the best and they change their setlist up every night.  There are about 6 or 7 songs a night that they rotate in and out and they pull random ones out of nowhere, "No Remorse" and "Through the Never' most recently.  If you are a longtime fan or at least  familiar with all of their work you will love it. 
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2493 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »

Plenty loud.  The show was good, the crowd was really into it, and I really dug the stage being centered...wasn't a bad seat in the place because of hte way they set it all up.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2494 on: October 19, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »

Got to see a great show Saturday night. Great seats, didn't seem that loud until I left the venue and I realized I couldn't hear anything. Plus they played Blackened which is one of my favorites.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2495 on: October 19, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »

Metallica Reveals New DVD, "Francais Pour Une Nuit," Details

In a recent message to the fans, Metallica has revealed that the title of their forthcoming new live DVD will be "Francais Pour Une Nuit." The full message from the band reads as follows:

"On July 7th of this year we were honored to perform at Arenes de Nimes, the historic Roman amphitheatre in Nimes, France, easily one of the most spectacular venues in the world. We thought it would be a memorable night, so we asked our friends in France to bring along a film crew to document the festivities. The result is Francais Pour Une Nuit (translation: French For One Night), the DVD of the evening including the full show, interviews with us, and five videos shot by YOU, our buddies in the audience. All this and more will be available starting November 23rd, 2009!

"Francais Pour Une Nuit was extra special for us because not only was it filmed in France, but ALL aspects of the project are French as the show was filmed, recorded, and edited with French camera and recording crews, the artwork on the package and special box set (more on that in a minute!) were created by a French design team; even the credits are in French. The only non-French parts: the three Americans and one Dane on stage and the photos shot by Englishman Ross Halfin.

"The DVD will be available in retail stores in France only, at metallica.com, or you may order online through the record company at metallicanimes.com. There will be three formats available: Standard DVD in a digipack including a 16 page booklet, Blu-Ray DVD, also in a digipack with the booklet, and the deluxe limited edition box set (it's actually a tin) that includes the DVD, a copy of Death Magnetic on CD, a T-shirt, laminated pass, and five exclusive photos.

"And just in case you couldn't join us that night, here is the set list."

"Blackened"
"Creeping Death"
"Fuel"
"Harvester Of Sorrow"
"Fade To Black"
"Broken, Beat & Scarred"
"Cyanide"
"Sad But True"
"One"
"All Nightmare Long"
"The Day That Never Comes"
"Master Of Puppets"
"Dyers Eve"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Enter Sandman"
"Stone Cold Crazy"
"Motorbreath"
"Seek & Destroy"

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=49340&comments=1

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2496 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602638
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11336143

Sad story above from the show in Charlottesville last weekend. Hope this girl makes it home safe and sound. I was there and actually saw her before she left the arena.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:34:08 PM by LunsJail » Logged

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #2497 on: October 25, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »

seen them three times..always a great show, loud ,powerful and exceedingly crowd pleasing..going on Tues to Toronto show...anyone from here going Tuesday Toronto?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2498 on: October 26, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »

Metallica offers reward for missing fan

WASHINGTON (AFP) ? American heavy metal band Metallica has stumped up 50,000 dollars in reward money for a fan who disappeared at one of their concerts, a campaign website said Monday.
Police have been searching for blond-haired, blue-eyed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, 20, since she went missing from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia on the evening of Saturday, October 17.
Campaign website findmorgan.com said Harrington's parents were offering 100,000 dollars for the safe return of their daughter or for information leading to the arrest of whoever is responsible for her disappearance.
"The Band Metallica is also adding an additional 50,000 dollars to the reward bringing it to 150,000 dollars for Morgan's safe return or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan's disappearance," it said.
Metallica has also posted an appeal on its official website along with photos of Harrington under the headline, "One Of Our Fans Is Missing."
"Morgan has blond hair and blue eyes, is 5'6", 120 lbs., and was wearing a black 'Pantera' T-shirt, black skirt, and black boots," the ad said.
"She was not carrying ID or a cell phone. Morgan was separated from her friends shortly before 9:00 pm at the venue."
Metallica urged anyone with information regarding the disappearance to come forward and also asked fans to check if Harrington can be seen in their photos and video footage from the concert.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #2499 on: October 26, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »

Does anyone have any extra tix for MSG show in NY?
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: