Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 484659 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #2340 on: March 26, 2009, 12:45:36 AM »

Awesome that Newsted will get some recognition on stage.

I think Dave Mustaine deserved some recognition as well.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2341 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »

Awesome that Newsted will get some recognition on stage.

I think Dave Mustaine deserved some recognition as well.

Me too, considering the first record Metallica did that contained NONE of Daves music was ..And Justice for all

They also did invite Dave, but he politely declined..

above the bullshit, thats what Metallica is all about..which is also why they are the most successful hard rock/metal band ever...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:06:25 AM by Bodhi » Logged
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2342 on: March 26, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »

Dave, I'm pretty sure, will get some form of recognition. As I said, they did invite him, but he's on tour during the ceremony. It's a shame because it would have been great to see all of 'Tallicas past and present together. I think I also read that Ron McGovney was also invited.

Here's a letter from Mustaine regarding it:
Metallica as you know has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say "congratulations!"

I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with Judas Priest so I will be unable to attend.

However, I'd like to say to Lars and James, "I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. I will continue to pray for the very best for you and your families as I always have."

Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me.

Respectfully yours,

Dave Mustaine
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2343 on: March 26, 2009, 02:22:59 AM »

Well, that's cool of Mustaine.

He's been a DBAG for the better part of 25 years.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #2344 on: March 26, 2009, 03:54:24 AM »

Still wrote alot of great ass-kicking music during that period.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2345 on: March 26, 2009, 04:58:15 AM »

when you can play and write like Dave AND you are an 8th degree blackbelt or whatever level he is at this point, you can be as big a DBAG as you want...whos going to stop him? hihi
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2346 on: March 26, 2009, 07:05:51 AM »

That's really cool that Jason has been invited will be there and playing a song with them. I wonder what he'll play, probably Enter Sandman is my guess.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2347 on: March 26, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »

when you can play and write like Dave AND you are an 8th degree blackbelt or whatever level he is at this point, you can be as big a DBAG as you want...whos going to stop him? hihi

His newfound love for God?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2348 on: March 26, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »

Quit spamming this thread with your bullshit!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2349 on: March 26, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »

haha true...but it doesnt even seem like that has slowed down his douchebagery...until now..
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2350 on: March 26, 2009, 07:02:25 PM »

haha true...but it doesnt even seem like that has slowed down his douchebagery...until now..

Or was it his injury?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2351 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

METALLICA: 'Broken, Beat And Scarred' Video Released - Mar. 26, 2009

METALLICA's video for the song "Broken, Beat And Scarred" is available for viewing at Metallica.com. The performance clip was shot by METALLICA's longtime friend and collaborator, famed video director Wayne Isham, on December 13, 2008 at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California and December 12, 2008 at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116960

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2352 on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:20 PM »

does any one know how i can write an email to the band or some one close to the band? i want to send them an email asking them why they're not coming back to Omahas Qwest center Huh?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2353 on: March 27, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »

^Show up at Lars Ulrich's house with a battleaxe and war paint.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2354 on: March 27, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »

Jason Newsted on Metallica?s Rock Hall Induction: ?The Black Album Band Will Be Back?

3/27/09, 3:24 pm EST

Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted is excited about his trip to Cleveland, Ohio, in two weeks. And why shouldn?t he be? The band he spent 15 years slapping his bass for, the mighty Metallica, will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 4th, and for the first time in nine years, ?the Black Album band will be back together and mow the shit down,? as he puts it.

That?s right. Newsted has confirmed for Rolling Stone that he?s going to be onstage with the band he left back in 2001, along with guitarist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett, and the man who replaced him, bassist Robert Trujillo. Newsted says former bassist Ron McGovney will also be on hand for the honors, as will Ray Burton, the father of the man Newsted replaced, the late Cliff Burton.

?There?s three bass players getting inducted, and James, Lars and Kirk,? he says. Former guitarist Dave Mustaine, who now fronts Megadeth, will not be inducted, however. ?Its not my decision. I have nothing to do with that. It was decided by the band, and I think it was just a hard-and-fast rule? anyone who has recorded on any Metallica recordings that have been released to the public as an official release were invited to the induction. So, that?s kind of that.?

According to Newsted, it was Ulrich who made the ?very recent? call, inviting him to Cleveland for the induction. ?I talked to Lars, and it?s all good,? Newsted said. ?I was happy to hear from him. I hadn?t talked to him for a long time, so it was nice to hear his voice.? The last time the two had spoken was a few years ago, during a System of a Down show.

?It was basically as if no time had passed, as far as the conversation went,? Newsted recalls, adding that the two started referencing long-forgotten inside jokes almost immediately. ?We picked up right where we left off. It was just absolutely positive. It was like, there we were, getting ready to get a beer some place. And Lars is ready to rock. He sounded like a kid again talking about the induction, and I felt pretty much like that, too. Getting fired up to rock after that many years? it?s pretty special.?

While Newsted?s split from the band was the very definition of acrimonious, he says the past is in the past, and he?s just looking forward to the reunion. ?The main thing for everybody is, Metallica has a very large family, and this is a 25-year reunion of all of the people, from many languages and many countries, from the Kill ?Em All road crew to the latest people who?ve helped us out all across the board, through all the years, who?ve made the monster what it is,? he says. ?The honor is fantastic, of course, but they?ve made it possible for us to get all of our people together in one place after this good landmark, 25 years.?

Newsted did want to make sure Trujillo was kosher with him returning to his former post, because he didn?t want to make waves. But Robert voiced no objections, and now, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is going to get a brutal metal set; he said the band will not be meeting to practice beforehand, but will instead warm up with a single sound check.

?I wanted everything to be righteous, because I feel strongly that they have a powerful touring band that?s firing on all cylinders now,? he says. ?There?s not a lot of bands that get inducted into the Hall that can still fucking knock it down. We?re all still clear-eyed and clear-minded and able-bodied, and all that, so its not something that always happens. We?re getting called out pretty early, so for us to be strong and capable to still mow everybody down, as it would be expected, is a fantastic thing.?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/27/jason-newsted-on-metallicas-rock-hall-induction-the-black-album-band-will-be-back/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2355 on: April 01, 2009, 06:37:05 PM »

anyone get any tickets to any of the shows today?  Got my tickets for Albany NY this morning..GA!! Waiting for the Garden to go on sale next week...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2356 on: April 02, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »

I got a kick out of the GH-Metallica commercial...pretty funny - even though this will no doubt seal the deal for those that call them sell outs.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2357 on: April 02, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

Considering Dave wrote a number of their songs. I think he deserves something.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2358 on: April 02, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »

Dave is getting a raw deal.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2359 on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:40 PM »

Dave is getting a raw deal.

Do you think they would be getting in the HOF without Dave Mustaine's involvement? I do.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: