Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 485177 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1980 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »

I'm so fucking happy for these guys honestly........I'll be the first to admit I've been slagging them for years now.  Load was decent, ReLoad kind of blew to me, the covers disc of Garage Inc. was cool in spots and once that song from MI2 came out I lost faith all together.  Then St. Anger hit and it was pretty much over.  I didn't think they could ever salvage anything decent.  
This album has won me over.  I've been listening to it pretty much nonstop for 2 days now and all my friends are feeling the same way.  It's become our workout CD.  It's cool though because I haven't felt this way about an album in a long long time and what really hit me by suprise was......I wasn't even giving a shit about this one coming out.  I pretty much just didn't care and I heard the single when it leaked and I was pretty moved and psyched for it to come out.  Then I heard the rest of the CD and the songs that blow that one away.
The Unforgiven III is growing more and more on me......I really really like the intro.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1981 on: September 03, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »

one question for those who have listened to it

is the unforgiven 3 better than the unforgiven 2?

Yes it is by a lot. I'd say its almost on par with the original but sounds nothing like it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1982 on: September 03, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »

i even like the awful single now hihi hated it before
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1983 on: September 03, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

one question for those who have listened to it

is the unforgiven 3 better than the unforgiven 2?

Yes it is by a lot. I'd say its almost on par with the original but sounds nothing like it.

the originial will always be the best. metallica i hope doesnt rehash more songs on newer  albums
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1984 on: September 03, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »

Wow so many awesome songs, but as of right now, song #3 aka Broken, Beat & Scarred is my favorite........I love the line, "What don't kill you make you more strong."  To me the weakest is Unforgiven III.....even though it's not treading along the same lines as II did....I still think it's the most Load/ReLoadish track on the album.

I liked Timothy25's review of the album and agree with it for the most part except for The Day That Never Comes.  That song is able to take the sounds from Master of Puppets, The Black Album and Load and combine them for one fucking insane song.  Ending with an insane jam session and super long guitar solos used to be the standard for Metallica before the Black Album put them in a more radio friendly style. 

But in reality this makes up for St. Anger 100x over.  This is the album that should have came out in 1996 and saved the Rock genre.  God bless Rick Rubin.

Tomorrow never comes is growing on me after hearing it more. I still think the other songs are a lot better than that one though.
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #1985 on: September 03, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »

Im Glad some of you have come around and givin it a chance... i had a feeling this album was gonna rock my fucking face off.... the more i hear about it and listen to little samples the more excited i get about it.. i cant wait till the 12th!! im gonna rock the fuck out to it all weekend long

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1986 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »

the piano for the unforgiven 3 is beautiful. it screams for the fourth singel
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1987 on: September 03, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »

I agree there is no way that isn't one of the singles off this album its too good not to be.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1988 on: September 03, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »

Wow so many awesome songs, but as of right now, song #3 aka Broken, Beat & Scarred is my favorite........I love the line, "What don't kill you make you more strong."  To me the weakest is Unforgiven III.....even though it's not treading along the same lines as II did....I still think it's the most Load/ReLoadish track on the album.

I liked Timothy25's review of the album and agree with it for the most part except for The Day That Never Comes.  That song is able to take the sounds from Master of Puppets, The Black Album and Load and combine them for one fucking insane song.  Ending with an insane jam session and super long guitar solos used to be the standard for Metallica before the Black Album put them in a more radio friendly style. 

But in reality this makes up for St. Anger 100x over.  This is the album that should have came out in 1996 and saved the Rock genre.  God bless Rick Rubin.

Tomorrow never comes is growing on me after hearing it more. I still think the other songs are a lot better than that one though.

I agree....I think it's one of the more tame songs on the album, but it's still really good.  I think this album is gonna seriously turn some heads.  I'm just glad that these turd kids out there today are going to have something cool to listen to.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
makane
Legend

« Reply #1989 on: September 03, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »

I gave it two spins, and now I give it * of *****.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1990 on: September 03, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »

i'd give it 4 out of 5 i've given it one and a half spin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1991 on: September 03, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »

i just got my tickets to the 2/1 Newark show!!...so im going to both in jersey! and i didnt even pay out the ass for this one....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1992 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »

I have Death Magnetic..my friend sent it to me...but im old school...im waiting to buy it next friday before I listen to it...i still like the act of going to a record store and buying the new album...
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1993 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »

funny how we can talk about this leaked album...
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1994 on: September 03, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »

lol good point crow316 but with it coming out in two weeks doesnt really matter
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1995 on: September 03, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »

nah, just makin a point.  It actually could be considered worse because the album is actually being released and we know we can buy it soon, where as that other album....who knows.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1996 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

metallica are a little upset by the leak probably but i think they will be happy seeing the positive reaction towards it. they made a whole bunch of money thanks to the singles, mission metallica, and preorders.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1997 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »

Still haven't download this and don't think I will . going to wait till the 12th for my first listen to it.

I will say that the three songs they have put out their have been killer.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1998 on: September 03, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »

one more single to go on september 8th
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1999 on: September 03, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »

one more single to go on september 8th

oh shit thats right fuck yeah. beer