Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  pictures from the show
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: pictures from the show  (Read 8961 times)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:30 AM »

about this live blogging thing, i've heard that certain members of this board and mygnr are planning on doing this. how, i'm not sure, but is it possible to snap pictures (if the security don't catch you) and send to someone who can post them here as the show goes on? i'm planning on staying inside to follow the developments! Grin also, is it unlikely that we will have pictures within the first couple of hours? thanx!

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:03:04 AM »

yes it's possible.
some guys from mygnr have already explored the possibility.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:30 AM »

but that is totally dependent upon whether or not someone from the board both manage to fool security and do this live blogging thing/send pictures to other members? is that very likely? thoughts?

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 10:08:01 AM »

but that is totally dependent upon whether or not someone from the board both manage to fool security and do this live blogging thing/send pictures to other members? is that very likely? thoughts?

Actually not.? ONE of the livebloggers, at least, is going to have a device with a mobile net connection.?Since the device is sorta like a Trio type thing, I doubt he'll have any issues getting it past security. He also has ftp space available for use.? I'm pretty sure he can ftp those pics over himself....but if not, there are lots of people who will help him out.

I don't think the live blogging thing is going to be much of an issue.?

SNAPPING the pics, or recording any audio snippets, might be the issue.? And you won't get an answer, really, til Friday because it will depend on how tight security is being IN the venue, itself.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
suicide
VIP

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »

Will Jarmo allow us to post pictures on (t)his board? The official 2002 pictures, taken bij George Chin, have always been removed from the board. And we all know it's not allowed to take pictures at the shows, so I guess it's not allowed to share them either.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:18:36 AM »

Will Jarmo allow us to post pictures on (t)his board? The official 2002 pictures, taken bij George Chin, have always been removed from the board. And we all know it's not allowed to take pictures at the shows, so I guess it's not allowed to share them either.

Chin's pictures were removed cause the artist asked us to remove them.

It's not like that with fan's pictures.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 10:20:04 AM »

and who was this chin person? a professional photographer who sold pics?

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:06 AM »

Yeah good point. We would have so much fun without Jarmo hihi Just kidding. But I heard that someone is going to post some pictures on his own site/blog during the show, but hell, I'm not even sure can I post the link on this board without getting banned or something Tongue

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »

George Chin was the professional photographer Axl chose to take pictures for the 2002 gigs.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 10:22:36 AM »

Yeah good point. We would have so much fun without Jarmo hihi Just kidding. But I heard that someone is going to post some pictures on his own site/blog during the show, but hell, I'm not even sure can I post the link on this board without getting banned or something Tongue

if that ever happened, i would call the gestapo back to life and have them look at what's going on in here! it's a fucking band!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »

Correct.  And a photogs work is valuable, so I can see why he would make the request.  Given  that, since he owns the negatives and took the pics, he can control the material...it's not an unreasonable request to make.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »

if we take pics and put them on here its ok,but if somebody copyrights their pics then they are controlled and thefore cant be posted here.simple.

if somebody has a descent mobile phone camera,they can take pics then send them as a picture message to somebody who could then upload them on their pc and onto here!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
anythinggoes
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »

about this live blogging thing, i've heard that certain members of this board and mygnr are planning on doing this. how, i'm not sure, but is it possible to snap pictures (if the security don't catch you) and send to someone who can post them here as the show goes on? i'm planning on staying inside to follow the developments! Grin also, is it unlikely that we will have pictures within the first couple of hours? thanx!

very easily possible via a mobile phone if i was at New York i would be doing it plus doing a live update on the site but im not so i wont be. All it takes is a decent quality Mobile 1.3meg and above camera take the photo normally around 400 - 600 kb mail it to a board member who can host the image whole process should be 15 min so in therory 15 min into a show we could see photos i so wish i was going to do this for everyone
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »

very easily possible via a mobile phone if i was at New York i would be doing it plus doing a live update on the site but im not so i wont be. All it takes is a decent quality Mobile 1.3meg and above camera take the photo normally around 400 - 600 kb mail it to a board member who can host the image whole process should be 15 min so in therory 15 min into a show we could see photos i so wish i was going to do this for everyone
thats what i mean,i got a 2 megapixel sony erricson k750i and i know if somebody goin to the new york shows has one or something as good as,they could get pretty descent pics with it.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 11:46:21 AM »

yeah one of them or nokia series 60 or n series you need a phone that can send applications as Emails too so you can send full quality image not reduced MMS pictures they lose resolution
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »

Most camera phones can e-mail pictures to someone.  It only takes a couple of minutes before the person gets it, so I'd imagine that a couple minutes into the show we could get a picture.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »

if they are taken with a camera phone they prob wont be very good quality anyways.
anythinggoes
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »

ok did a test 9 mins

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Image(401).jpg

thats with a Nokia 6630 1.3 meg camera 436kb image
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:09:55 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 12:20:48 PM »

That should be interesting. I may sit back,view the forums drinking some beer and listening to some tunes. hihi

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »

ok did a test 9 mins

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Image(401).jpg

thats with a Nokia 6630 1.3 meg camera 436kb image

You should know that it will be a lot more difficult to get good pictures in a gig. Unless you're near the stage, you'll get some dark images with a 1.3 MP cam. A 2.0 MP cam would do a lot better...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: